• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Welcome to The Viles

Island/Town Name
Vylbrand
Hemisphere
North
Native Fruit
Peach
Native Flower
Windflowers
Hi Flick, I'm not a bug.

He did let me go, and upon doing so paid me 352,500 bells not to sue him. Or he may have taken payment for scorpion mountain instead. Either way it's nice to finally be able to put some money in the bank with the knowledge that it is all mine, rather than owed to Tom Nook. :D

EXZ1BnuU4AM2a8V

All of Vylbrand's residents looking cute in their little raincoats. This area in the west of my map is my next little project. Time to make it pretty! I'm also thinking of moving my Museum to the space on the cliff behind this bridge.

EXZ1Bn0U4AA9c5N

I usually hate the bug talk, but I loved this little line from Sherb:

EXb4P76UMAA1Dki

This area I'm talking to him is a market place I started building today. It's incomplete, like my entire island, but I decided that the cutesy 'town square' vibe I was going for with the big fountain wasn't quite right for my pirate-inspired port town theme. So a susicious black market it is!

EXb4P8MUYAAAs7h

I am out of iron nuggets, so this evening I went on a mystery island tour to farm some. It didn't go quite to plan - I ended up on a money rock island swarming with scorpions! Here is me being stung by a scorpion for capturing his buddy. Note there is the tail of a third one visible in the background too! Made a 468,000 bell profit off the scorpions, and must have earned a good 80,000 from the money rocks too. I'm no longer regretting paying my house loan off when I did! Good karma wins. :D

EXb4P7-UYAA_4hj

I finally have a four-star island! ⭐⭐⭐⭐
That took a lot of work. I'm not sure if I will ever achieve five stars. My layout plans will likely exceed the 220 tree limit Isabelle imposes - and apparently shrubs are counted as trees. My dense tropical forest area will rely on these!

EXfAMp7VAAEdd2N

Also, dear Pinky, this was a mean place to hide the treasure!

EXfAq4qUcAAeZm7

I feel ya on the tree count - I have nowhere near the amount of trees I want and I'm slowly accepting that I'll probably never get a 5 star island because of this haha!

I feel ya on the tree count - I have nowhere near the amount of trees I want and I'm slowly accepting that I'll probably never get a 5 star island because of this haha!

My plan is to aim for it in order to get the gold watering can DIY, and then watch it drop again. 😂

Day #50: I finally have a snooty villager.

Pinky was an unfortunate fatality. Some minor TT'ing was involved to try and push her out and clear the void. Not sure if that actually works but fingers crossed. Vylbrand doesn't feel quite the same without her - I feel like a lot of my posts involved her. 😂 Good luck, wherever you end up!

EXlY0A2UwAgZ4l8

EXlY0AsVAAElomo

Forgot to share this last night. Here is how the black market is coming along. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.

EXlY0BOUEAEAx51

Here is one of those things I love best about Animal Crossing. It has this magical way of feeling good about yourself even when you're running on no sleep, in tremendous pain, and still have to deal with things you'd really rather not do. This is one of those days that if something cannot be done from my bed then it's simply not getting done.

EXpv2lIVAAARFTT

Also, as of today I finally have all my villagers houses where I wanted them! That took a long while. Next is to move Nooks/Ables/Museum. The first two are going onto the raised area to the right of resident services. I haven't decided if the museum will be joining them, or if I'm going to put it in B3. I'm leaning more towards the latter.

EXpv2lMU8A82zUP

Lopez is leaving today. If you're interested in the gentledeer from whom the term Lopez-splaining™ was coined I am giving him away for free: see this thread for more information. I haven't done any island-hopping since April 3rd: the day before Filbert joined my island and I'm quite looking forward to it!

EXvIxoWU0AEmgIR

HopVillagerPersonalitySpecies
01PinkyPeppyBear
02PaulaSisterlyBear
03CranstonLazyOstritch
04PekoeNormalBear Cub
05PinkyPeppyBear
06PompomPeppyDuck
07FaunaNormalDeer

While I appreciate Pinky's determination to come back to Vylbrand, I did not extend her an invite. She wouldn't be half as interesting without her partner in crime Lopez, who was adopted yesterday.

While island hopping I had my fingers crossed for Raddle, even though I already have two lazy villagers. Filbert is on the top of the list of villagers I'm prepared to give the boot, mind. That is a big reason as to why I didn't stop my island hopping on Cranston: I don't particularly want three lazies unless it's a villager I can't risk passing up!

I ended up stopping on Fauna. She's another villager I had in my ACNL town (the reason why I wanted to boot Filbert and Lopez in the first place) but I don't think I had her for very long before I messed up time travelling. She'll be a cute addition to my town for now!

EXzc-PhU4AAfifJ

Congrats on getting Soleil! Her house is one of the best in the game! Mine is getting in boxes tomorrow, and I will miss her (I may or may not try to get her back in the future, who knows).

Also, I don't think you'll have a problem with the number of trees and shrubs. I'm almost convinced that shrubs don't count as trees. I have tons of trees, lots of shrubs and more weeds than most would like to have, and even then, I have a 5 star island.

Congrats on getting Soleil! Her house is one of the best in the game! Mine is getting in boxes tomorrow, and I will miss her (I may or may not try to get her back in the future, who knows).

Also, I don't think you'll have a problem with the number of trees and shrubs. I'm almost convinced that shrubs don't count as trees. I have tons of trees, lots of shrubs and more weeds than most would like to have, and even then, I have a 5 star island.

So far no regrets on inviting her (or paying for her card). She's such a cutie.

Oh, I hope that is the case! I have plans to put shrubs everywhere whether Isabelle likes it or not!

Reactions: Raz
Goose was waiting outside my house when I turned the game on this morning. :D

EYSoTNkUwAAJyQW

Inside his house, Katt and Sherb were waiting to celebrate!

EYSokz9UwAApiKc

EYSokz_UYAAIXa_

EYSok0ZU0AYfeZ_

And there was a piñata - I did not see that coming! :D

EYSok0JUwAADGtz

Katt is the reason I've had the lines "Who let the cat out of the bag? Who told the world that I was older?" 🎵 from Placebo's Hold On To Me stuck on a loop in my head all day.

EYU90tOUMAAYJkb

A little group shot I did on Harv's Island to include the rest of my villagers. Also, there's a new face here!

EYU90tsUEAAVNgp

Two days ago, someone kindly PM'd me offering the villager I have been looking for: Raddle! So on Saturday I said goodbye to Filbert, so that I could invite Raddle in yesterday. The timing of him moving in on my birthday made it a little extra special. 🖤💛

EYSpGroUcAAF8Qb

Between the events in this game, and starting my second island Kilika today, it's been a fun little way to celebrate. I usually spend my birthday in Germany with friends I only see once a year. At this exact time one year ago, I was in Hamburg's red light district, singing along badly to my favourite band with a group of friends who are old enough to be my parents. I was supposed to see them again this weekend too, but of course COVID-19 has gotten in the way of that. Instead I've spent my 28th birthday home alone playing ACNH, contemplating dyeing my hair neon green, and trying to figure out how to style Hawaiian shirts to make them look fashionable. I think I succeeded. Think. I went off-topic there, but it's sweet how a video game can make you feel a little less alone when your most engaging offline social interaction that day has been with your cat and the Chinese takeout delivery guy from the other end of the driveway.

Reactions: Raz
My play has been more scattered lately while taking the time to enjoy other video games (namely The Sims 4, Rune Factory 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, Pokémon Shield, and Dynasty Warriors 8 XL). While in the museum this morning I went to take a look around the aquarium and spotted Sherb admiring the deep sea exhibit.

EcOthIMUEAEIVqm

EcOthITUEAAXtCM

EcOthIfUEAEHZr4

Papi is competing with Goose to become my new best bro. Everything he says just makes me feel like he gets me. 🖤

papi4.jpeg

Also, I want to share my Halloween look which is basically just a zombie version of my regular punk get-up that I was able to complete today after getting some red impish wings from @ReeBear. :D

EjziZBWVcAATkkf.jpeg

Visiting Viles.png

Hi! Yesterday I was notified of shooting stars on Vylbrand. And as a sort-of professional Narnian astronaut, I was sent to investigate. Our research concluded that Vylbrand is a very nice place. Says it right here in the report. 🌟

Ngk7WmK.jpg

I did get lost somewhere along the way. Luckily one of the locals noticed that I looked out of place, and was more friendly than he looks. I was invited inside and we discussed all of @Vrisnem's secrets.

4igAzBS.jpg

7OuLcPj.jpg

After that I decided to check in with some of the other residents. I feel like it would have been rude not to introduce myself to them! This cat had some solid sightseeing suggestions for a lost Narnian wild child.

8CSdapy.jpg

It was an alright tadpole, I guess.

y3HQB4k.jpg

Apparently the island representative's home was built right on top of an ancient sacrificial burial site. Or maybe on some dinosaur remains. I haven't a clue, this is not rocket science and I'm not Blathers. 🥺 Either way I had to include it in my sightseeing tour!

uf8f1YD.jpg

Then it was time to go back home. There was a guard by the portal, but this space bear was sent here by me, so it wasn't a problem. That concludes the visit! :D

JAjzd1k.jpg

Back