• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

15 minutes of English AC:NL footage

Could be that the guy made a mistake and thought it was "LOL". He didn't even know you can skip Kapp'n's sea shanties and just go right to the island without waiting.

I really hope it was a mistake. I mean, it does look like 101 in the video.

They didn't seem to know too terribly much about AC. It was still a good video, they were probably just covering popular things and they did a pretty neat job. I'm glad they took you to the island. It was just a taste.

As far as club "lol," he misspoke. It is club 101. Perhaps he just had too much internet for breakfast.

They didn't seem to know too terribly much about AC. It was still a good video, they were probably just covering popular things and they did a pretty neat job. I'm glad they took you to the island. It was just a taste.

As far as club "lol," he misspoke. It is club 101. Perhaps he just had too much internet for breakfast.

Definitely 101, but I wonder if the US version (EU too?) chose 101 out of any other number because of the whole "kids like internet stuffs like lol". Kinda like how Disney did the whole, Disney XD.

I really hope it was a mistake. I mean, it does look like 101 in the video.

I'm not too sure if it's meant to be club 101 or club lol (I haven't watched it yet)
but I wouldn't be surprised if it was club lol (i know in the old english pics it does look like 101 tho) but club 444 has a pun in it (Shrunk's Japanese name is Shishyo or something like that idk) and it's a play on words for the japanese word for 4, so then the club is named club 444 creating humor for them Japanese (that sounds a lil racist oops)

we all know nintendo like creating the same **** puns for english, but they suck - so i won't be surprised if it actually turns out to be lol.

anyway I'll watch the video soon so i'll come back here

Ok here are the english names for ****

Public Work Projects:
- Reset Surveillance Centre is now just Surveillance Centre
- Yellow bench is still yellow bench
- Well is water well
- Fountain is fountain
- Standard clock (as I called it) is park clock
- Meruhen is now Fairy-tale (yes I was right all along [size=-2]club[/size] LOL)
- Streetlamp is streetlamp
- Campsite is Campsite
- Enclosure is now Fench
- Fire Hydrant is the same
- My Design Sign-board is now custom-design sign
- My design face-board is now face-cutout standee
- The traffic sign which I called round sign (b/cos I lazy) is called 'do-not enter sign'

Other ****:
- Pretty sure this is known already but Tanuki Housing is now Nook's Homes
- Cottage style is now called Mansion style
- tell me the english name of Reiji u lil ****
- Tours are still named tours
- Ores/Gems/whatever you call them are called Ores
- The creatures caught whilst diving seem to go under the category Shellfish
- Garden Eel is now spotted garden eel

Characters:
- Kuko is Leilani (already knew this but yolo)
- Geko is Grams
- Haniwa-kun on the island is now Lloid from the Auction House (The community projects public works project gyroids are also called Haniwa-kun I think so they may also be Lloid idno) - just checked, they're both named Haniwa-kun so could both be Lloid.

@JimmyJacobAC: Actually I only think you can skip Kappn's song if you go with friends, if you go alone you have to listen to it. Not 100% sure though

Last edited:
Ok here are the english names for ****

Community Projects:
- Reset Surveillance Centre is now just Surveillance Centre
- Yellow bench is still yellow bench
- Well is water well
- Fountain is fountain
- Standard clock (as I called it) is park clock
- Meruhen is now Fairy-tale (yes I was right all along [size=-2]club[/size] LOL)
- Streetlamp is streetlamp
- Campsite is Campsite
- Enclosure is now Fench
- Fire Hydrant is the same
- My Design Sign-board is now custom-design sign
- My design face-board is now face-cutout standee
- The traffic sign which I called round sign (b/cos I lazy) is called 'do-not enter sign'

Other ****:
- Pretty sure this is known already but Tanuki Housing is now Nook's Homes
- Cottage style is now called Mansion style
- tell me the english name of Reiji u lil ****
- Tours are still named tours
- Ores/Gems/whatever you call them are called Ores
- The creatures caught whilst diving seem to go under the category Shellfish
- Garden Eel is now spotted garden eel

Characters:
- Kuko is Leilane (already knew this but yolo)
- Geko is Grams
- Haniwa-kun on the island is now Lloid from the Auction House (The community projects public works project gyroids are also called Haniwa-kun I think so they may also be Lloid idno) - just checked, they're both named Haniwa-kun so could both be Lloid.

@JimmyJacobAC: Actually I only think you can skip Kappn's song if you go with friends, if you go alone you have to listen to it. Not 100% sure though

Hey, if you're going to give the English names for the projects, you should use the English term "Public Works Projects" and I watched Lucarioplayer skip the song while playing solo. Also, it's spelled "Leilani"

When you go alone, the song can be skipped by tapping the touch screen. :)

Back