• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

Wow, haven't been on here for ages, and it looks like I've missed out on heaps of information!
Does anybody have a picture of the red brick bridge they wouldn't mind sharing?
The igloo at night looks lush! :)

@Liquefy
Thank you so much! Seems that the ingame streetpass option was off! You've been a great help <3

Does anybody have a picture of the red brick bridge they wouldn't mind sharing?
I think I've got that in my town. Here's a pic!
tumblr_meqhnw72sT1rgnnwmo1_400.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks that pattern paths look really ugly?
I'm not doing that in my town.

Am I the only one who thinks that pattern paths look really ugly?
I'm not doing that in my town.
I think they can be ugly, too. I wish they'd add a transparent marker to the pattern making. You could cut away areas of your design so they don't look so square-ish on the ground, or round out corners, etc.

I plan on making natural pathways by wearing down the grass and maybe using rows of bushes, trees and flowers to help define it.

Speaking of which, do we have confirmation of whether just running will wear down grass? I can't remember where, but I remember reading that along with fertilizer which may help grow it back, there will also be ways of cutting away grass. Is this true? This would make pathmaking a lot easier. :p

The fertilizer isn't for the grass. And in my opinion, some pathways are ugly but some actually look good. Like the one in Nintendo Town.

Can i ask, how does street pass even work? I heard it is quite useful on the game to get items.
I just dont know how it works though... :mad:

Can i ask, how does street pass even work? I heard it is quite useful on the game to get items.
I just dont know how it works though... :mad:

When you streetpass someone with the game, the person's house will appear in the Streetpass Neighborhood beyond the Shopping District. Here you can check out random people's houses. And apparently you can buy the furniture in it. And the person's character will appear too and you can talk to them and they will give you small little items like pinwheels and ice cream cones.

It's better explained in the 45 minute nintendo direct they had in October, I believe.

Talking to Josh from The Bit Block:

regrowing grass is easier, when it snows / rains you will see it regrow.
also if you plant flowers in dirt and then water them the next day you will notice a difference in grass growth
it seems to die off in areas you dont even walk lol
i have been taking snapshots since last night and i'm going to show it regrowing over the course of a week
but.. it definitely seems to be easier to regrow it and harder to kill it

So, that's cool to hear.

also if you plant flowers in dirt and then water them the next day you will notice a difference in grass growth
i have been taking snapshots since last night and i'm going to show it regrowing over the course of a week

So, that's cool to hear.
sweet!

So, that's cool to hear.

This. Has made my day :)

That is *very* nice to hear! Thank you!

So, that's cool to hear.

Back