• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

I know that the action will be on the Top Screen. but it's not clear what the touch screen will show. Besides that, Wild Word also has shown the sky on the touch screen, a little, but you weren't able to move the camera. Furthermore, I think even Nintendo knows that 3D is kind of useless for a game like Animal Crossingand that the most players will turn it off after a while. Like I said, we don't know what the touch screen will show AND maybe we do get the option to switch screens, are you working for Nintendo that you know that? They may reveal this kind of thing later. It is kind of weird that they haven't shown us the touch screen yet, so maybe they change the loyout down there.
I personally liked it with the sky above, felt calming and I don't like button controlling in AC. We have to wait to find out. But for now, only the upper screen is confirmed to show the action, yes.

I know that the action will be on the Top Screen. but it's not clear what the touch screen will show. Besides that, Wild Word also has shown the sky on the touch screen, a little, but you weren't able to move the camera. Furthermore, I think even Nintendo knows that 3D is kind of useless for a game like Animal Crossingand that the most players will turn it off after a while. Like I said, we don't know what the touch screen will show AND maybe we do get the option to switch screens, are you working for Nintendo that you know that? They may reveal this kind of thing later. It is kind of weird that they haven't shown us the touch screen yet, so maybe they change the loyout down there.
I personally liked it with the sky above, felt calming and I don't like button controlling in AC. We have to wait to find out. But for now, only the upper screen is confirmed to show the action, yes.

Yeah, but with WW where they showed the sky on the top screen, that was a huge waste, they wasted a whole screen just to show the sky. You can tell just by looking at the videos they've released the sky will be viewable on the action screen, it's obvious.

"I think even Nintendo knows that 3D is kind of useless for a game like Animal Crossingand that the most players will turn it off after a while. Like I said, we don't know what the touch screen will show AND maybe we do get the option to switch screens"

What? Nintendo knows the 3D is useless for Animal Crossing? The game is called "Animal Forest: Fly Out" - which refers to the 3D effect. If they thought it was useless, they'd release it for the DS not the 3DS... Having an option to switch screens is rather useless... Say, if the bottom screen shows the inventory, why would you want your inventory shown in 3D on the top screen? that said, it's easier to use the touch screen to move your inventory around - you cant do that on the top screen. To add to that, the top screen is slightly larger, and has better graphics that the touch. So why would they make the game with you able to switch screens, when you chose to switch they'd need to program it to shrink/expand when you swap screens, to avoid pixelation - seems kinda pointless.
As for them not revealing the touch screen, they usually dont. It's the touch screen, they barely showed any for Ocarina of Time 3D. I may not work for Nintendo, but I know that much.

-------
Just to add to this, I'm not arguing, i'm voicing my opinion
[size=-2]'cause I know someonewill get pissy at this post[/size]

Last edited:
Well, I just hope there is an option that the sky is above, exactly like in WW. I know a lof of people saw it as a waste but I liked it, felt relaxing, calming. At the same time, it may be more useful to show the inventory on the touch screen.

I bet you could change the Touch Screen like WW, except keep it to what you want. Probably the map, patterns to put down (If it returns), friends, etc!

yeah it'll probably be a permanent inventory screen like in wild world, when you pressed X - and along the top it would have the fish/bug books, keyboard, friends list, map, and whatever else

I'd like it if you had a pattern pic on the top screen without the grid to show you what the pattern would look like on a shirt/umbrella/etc.
The bottom screen would be where you make the pattern of course.
^_^

I'd like it if you had a pattern pic on the top screen without the grid to show you what the pattern would look like on a shirt/umbrella/etc.
The bottom screen would be where you make the pattern of course.
^_^
They'll probably show what the overall shirt will look like on the top screen. Isn't there an option to turn the lines off? I know there was in WW but idk about CF. So if you want to view it without the grid just do that?

Yeah I'm just saying I hope they make more options.
New color palette(s) or letting us make our own color palette(s).
New stamps, Maybe even any to put your 3DS mii on a T-shirt.

I'd like custom palettes, and I'm fine with how they have the screens. There will most likely be an option for you to look up at the sky like in CF.

I have a feeling the D Pad will have the same controls as the one in City Folk. :3

Yeah, I'm rather certain this will be implemented.
up - look at sky
left/right - switch hold items
down - put hold items away.

Just on the looking in the sky option, did anyone actually use it? when there was a present i found it easier just to walk around, rather then go stalking pressing up to get a goo view of the sky.
I only ever used it on rare occasions, like taking photos. or using it to remove tree's to see if any holes were buried behind them.

I used the sky view option pretty frequently, mostly for screenshots though. lol
Still would be nice to have it rather than not, and I agree that the directional pad will most likely be like what Bidoof says.

I used the sky view option pretty frequently, mostly for screenshots though. lol
Still would be nice to have it rather than not, and I agree that the directional pad will most likely be like what Bidoof says.

Yeah same here, i'd rather them have the sky view option there, then leave it out. I mean, I wouldn't use it, but it'd still be helpful

The sky thing being optional would be nice.
^_^ I'm wondering now if Nintendo of America will do a duel release with Japan.

The sky thing being optional would be nice.
^_^ I'm wondering now if Nintendo of America will do a duel release with Japan.

Since it's a handheld, Japan will get it a day or two before everyone else. Normally if it's a console game, they'll release it in another country before they do their own. Handheld systems are a lot more popular than home consoles over there.

Since it's a handheld, Japan will get it a day or two before everyone else. Normally if it's a console game, they'll release it in another country before they do their own. Handheld systems are a lot more popular than home consoles over there.

yes this.
except Australia gets like their console games like a week or two after everyone else -.-
So consider yourself lucky when you get it like 2 days after Japan haha

yes this.
except Australia gets like their console games like a week or two after everyone else -.-

Which is really confusing. Out of all of the countries, you're the closest to Japan. Why it takes so long for games to release there is stupid.

yes this.

If we get it first, you know we will post about it.
We will get threw all the rough edges.
By the time you get it you will be better informed about the game and will make better more logical decisions about what to do. You will learn from all our mistakes.

I have some questions, what is the point of the train? Will it be replacing the town gate? Will there still be a town gate only serving a different purpose? There must be I mean where will Booker and Copper go? I highly doubt they'll be gotten rid of or the train conductors. (Thats Porters job.)

I have some questions, what is the point of the train? Will it be replacing the town gate? Will there still be a town gate only serving a different purpose? There must be I mean where will Booker and Copper go? I highly doubt they'll be gotten rid of or the train conductors. (Thats Porters job.)

The train used to take you to other towns. The boat took you to another island.
The train will probably give you options between other towns and down towns.
As for cooper, he has a police station you used to go to to find lost items

Back