• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

The train used to take you to other towns. The boat took you to another island.
The train will probably give you options between other towns and down towns.
As for cooper, he has a police station you used to go to to find lost items

Their bringing the police station back!? I always missed that from WW and CF... "down town" theres going to be a downtown area also?

Their bringing the police station back!? I always missed that from WW and CF... "down town" theres going to be a downtown area also?

im not sure if there going to bring back the police station, but thats where they used to be. we will have to wait and see what they come up with for our friends in animal crossing.

If we get it first, you know we will post about it.
We will get threw all the rough edges.
By the time you get it you will be better informed about the game and will make better more logical decisions about what to do. You will learn from all our mistakes.

No one makes mistakes in animal crossing. and what's there to be informed about...

No one makes mistakes in animal crossing. and what's there to be informed about...

I'm sure there were a number of people that would have liked to know I bit more about animal tracks in AC:CF, that is before their towns turned into deserts :p

But true, there isn't really any up side to getting a game after everyone else does :(. I'm thinking it would suck if it came out everywhere at the end of fall, and then in aus at the very start of winter (AC time), meaning
we have to wait another year for the fall bugs + fish, but I doubt that will happen.

UPGRADING.
So, concerning a few of the screenshots it dawned upon me that it is entirely possible for your buildings to start off at a level one.
This to me would make complete total sense in Animal Crossing. You started your house at level one, Nook's gets upgraded after a while, etc.. So it could be possible that is how some of the buildings will work.

@Ben: True, the animal tracks is a good point. But atleast we'll be aware if they're in this game or not.
As for the release, we'll probably get it a few days after the US/Japan (on thrusday 'cause all Nintendo games come out here on thursday haha) - possibly a week at max. I doubt we'll get it at the end of spring (aus time)

@Prof: Yes hopefully, I'm just hoping upgrades aren't as easy to get. Like in CF you could pretty upgrade Nook's once every day.
But as Nook is the real estate and the llama/alpaca is the apparent furniture hottie, who knows if they'll upgrade (I'm hoping they do)

@thread/general forum: Really looking forward to everyone making shops again - how i remember everyone making shops and then bidding 5Mil on like the Mario Kart, gonna be fun seeing that again

I would love to see some player made shops right around when the game comes out.
as for upgrading, I hope that it isn't too easy as well. It annoyed me that Nook's upgraded so quickly. But I'm sure with being mayor there will be a separate account "Town Funds" than your on hand bells, so managing money could be a little more important.

Building placement is something that has interested me as well. I'm expecting to see some towns with the buildings all lined up, having a dirt path/road in the middle. The level of creativity jumped pretty far with building placement.

Building placement is something that has interested me as well. I'm expecting to see some towns with the buildings all lined up, having a dirt path/road in the middle. The level of creativity jumped pretty far with building placement.

I would love to see some player made shops right around when the game comes out.
as for upgrading, I hope that it isn't too easy as well. It annoyed me that Nook's upgraded so quickly. But I'm sure with being mayor there will be a separate account "Town Funds" than your on hand bells, so managing money could be a little more important.
(i reversed your quote 'cause i want to start with the last part you wrote first)
You have no ideas how many ideas just came into my head when you said that haha. like legit, I'm so looking forward to it now.
But do we know what buildings we can decide on he placement? I know the players house and cafe have been confirmed. But i'm curious about Able's and the llama/alpaca's shop. Maybe they're in the city? idk

Town funds account sounds like a good idea. To add to the idea, when we build places, I'm curious as to how long they'll be in construction. like in WW/CF Nook's would take like a day to expand. I kinda want them to be in construction for a few days (like the fountain/bridge/windmill/lighthouse which took 3 days to get complete) - but rather than appearing after x days they should gradually have more built on them per day.

I'm not sure about the store and Able's. I'd like for you to be able to place them. As for everything else, to me it looks like you might be able to place the bulletin board, if that is what it is, due to the fact it's in the middle of nothing in the screenshot. lol
and upgrades should progress through at least three days, I agree. and that you'd be able to see them in construction.

Placement would be interesting, especially if you could move your neighbor's houses. But as for myself, if possible, I'd love to have my cafe right by the train station. That way if I had people come over, it would be right there when they get off.

I'm not sure about the store and Able's. I'd like for you to be able to place them. As for everything else, to me it looks like you might be able to place the bulletin board, if that is what it is, due to the fact it's in the middle of nothing in the screenshot. lol
and upgrades should progress through at least three days, I agree. and that you'd be able to see them in construction.

Placement would be interesting, especially if you could move your neighbor's houses. But as for myself, if possible, I'd love to have my cafe right by the train station. That way if I had people come over, it would be right there when they get off.

Yeah the bulletin board is just sitting in nowhere, But like who wouldn't put it near the Town Hall? that's if it is the bulletin board anyway
moving neighbours houses, probably not. But when i read that i just thought you might be able to decide where you want neighbours to have their houses, maybe you can decide where you want to put those housing lot signs.. Yes having the Cafe near the train station would be great.

@justin: yes that's what i have missed dearly :'(

But when i read that i just thought you might be able to decide where you want neighbours to have their houses, maybe you can decide where you want to put those housing lot signs

Oddly enough, I haven't seen the signs in any screenshots or videos, but I could have easily just missed it.
either way, placing the houses themselves or the signs would be great. To me, that would make it so much easier to make paths that don't look ********. Have it so some houses could line up, or make blocks that have two houses on each block. So many ideas. lol

Oddly enough, I haven't seen the signs in any screenshots or videos, but I could have easily just missed it.
either way, placing the houses themselves or the signs would be great. To me, that would make it so much easier to make paths that don't look ********. Have it so some houses could line up, or make blocks that have two houses on each block. So many ideas. lol

yeah i havent seen housing posts either.
Rumors say we can make paths 'cause you can see a path-like concrete thing on the ground in a screen shot. I hope so, they'd be much better than dirt paths, let me find the pic.

E3screen1.png

but that was like released at E3 2010, and the ones from E3 2011 show the bench and lamp, and don't have concrete around them, so who knows, maybe they got rid of them?
3DS_AnimalCr_1_scrn01_E3.jpg
s7.jpg

------------
maybe concrete is optional?

maybe concrete is optional?

I hope it is.
I also hope setting paths is a true rumor.
Hoping to set houses in one part of town and have a huge garden around my house.
Though I'm not sure if that'll be possible either.
^_^ I like having the customize options though.

I hope it is.
I also hope setting paths is a true rumor.
Hoping to set houses in one part of town and have a huge garden around my house.
Though I'm not sure if that'll be possible either.
^_^ I like having the customize options though.

yes same, i really want a huge garden (hopefully we can get fences of hedges)

yes looking forward to customization so bad!

yes same, i really want a huge garden (hopefully we can get fences of hedges)

yes looking forward to customization so bad!

I hope we can make fences from hedges too.
^_^ I wanna have a big garden to grow my hybrids in!
Maybe One that can't be trampled by neighbors or running guests. LOL!

neighbours don't really trample the garden as their running doesn't so much.

In ACCF when i had a garden i buried Pitfalls around the edge of my garden (left about 5 spaces past flowers so they could breed)
that way i'd know if someone had been in my garden, because i dug holes in front of pitfalls so villagers didn't walk into a pitfall then i'd think a visitor did it - because villagers can't bury holes

Neighbors don't hurt the flowers, I know I just hate they go in when you don't want them to. LOL!
Hmmmmmmm I'll have to try your ACCF thing on my ACCF, thanks for the tip.

I would love just having a bunch of Gold roses in different places arounf my town.
Gold roses don't wilt but can be trampled on though.
Jacob's ladders are hard to keep alive unless they are in your house.
I have been trying to get the hybrids and keep 1 of each in my house.
Speaking of flowers, I'd love to see a couple new ones!

Other things that I'd like to see written below.
Fountain - Available after 5 month of playing with no time skips
Windmill - after 8 months of playing. again no time skips.
Lighthouse - 1 year and 2 months of playing. Yet again no time skips.
Clock tower - Video somewhat confirmed this.
Paths - Not yet confirmed or denied.
Custom housing placement - Neighbours, shops, ect. Some what confirmed in trailers.

Neighbors don't hurt the flowers, I know I just hate they go in when you don't want them to. LOL!
Hmmmmmmm I'll have to try your ACCF thing on my ACCF, thanks for the tip.

I would love just having a bunch of Gold roses in different places arounf my town.
Gold roses don't wilt but can be trampled on though.
Jacob's ladders are hard to keep alive unless they are in your house.
I have been trying to get the hybrids and keep 1 of each in my house.
Speaking of flowers, I'd love to see a couple new ones!

Other things that I'd like to see written below.
Fountain - Available after 5 month of playing with no time skips
Windmill - after 8 months of playing. again no time skips.
Lighthouse - 1 year and 2 months of playing. Yet again no time skips.
Clock tower - Video somewhat confirmed this.
Paths - Not yet confirmed or denied.
Custom housing placement - Neighbours, shops, ect. Some what confirmed in trailers.

I think i have some spare pitfalls if you want to borrow some;

"Clock tower - Video somewhat confirmed this."
I'm actually thinking that was the top of the town hall/mayors office

I think i have some spare pitfalls if you want to borrow some;

"Clock tower - Video somewhat confirmed this."
I'm actually thinking that was the top of the town hall/mayors office

I was thinking that too.
I saw other people say it's a clock tower though on the 3DSblog replies.

Back