• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

I rad that we will indeed need to pay for things. But, I think they'll come in bundles. Or better yet, you get to pick out a shirt, item, etc? But how would that work with WiFi and all, giving your friends free stuff?...

source?

added this to the first post so hopef we'll start getting sources in;
*~If you're gonna make a post like "I read this here..." please try to provide the source you read it on (with a link)~*

The reason why I want sources is because then we can read the original article and comments - and we may also find out if the source is reliable or not

Last edited:
Whoops, sorry!

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=176307
As you can see from the link, it's right form the Japanese Nintendo site.

Rereading the end, it says it MIGHT rely on add-on sales. So, who knows? I won't mind either way.

Edit - There's a mistype in the first post, where it says "Picture 1:"

yeah, i'm just hoping we dont have to pay for them
[size=-10000](because if we do, i'm pretty sure i know someone on these forums who'll buy every single one and never shut up about it) /not naming anyone[/size]

And I just dont want to pay for extra items in my house

yeah, i'm just hoping we dont have to pay for them
[size=-10000](because if we do, i'm pretty sure i know someone on these forums who'll buy every single one and never shut up about it) /not naming anyone[/size]

I know who you're talking about. lol

I wouldn't like paid dlc either. Animal Crossing isn't the sort of game that needs extra stuff you have you pay real money for.

I know who you're talking about. lol

I wouldn't like paid dlc either. Animal Crossing isn't the sort of game that needs extra stuff you have you pay real money for.

yeah, i'm sure lots of people wouldn't want the game if you had to pay for it

yeah, i'm sure lots of people wouldn't want the game if you had to pay for it

I'm sure people will want the game still, but anything that's extra and you have to pay for it, not really.
As long as it's unimportant stuff. If you have to pay extra for something important, then no, that's not cool.

As for DLC. I hope it's like something they had in City Folk, where they have like a piece of furniture or some clothes. And they won't charge too much of a price for it. (So far I heard that for FE:Awakening, Marth costs 3 Dollars [300 Yen in Japan] of DLC to be playable.)

Last edited:
As for DLC. I hope it's like something they had in City Folk, where they have like a piece of furniture or some clothes. And they won't charge too much of a price for it. (So far I heard that for FE:Awakening, Marth costs 3 Dollars [300 Yen in Japan] of DLC to be playable.)

300 yen rounds to 4.00 US dollars, but yeah you're right.
I doubt AC will have paid DLC, normally I don't doubt things like that but with AC I just don't see it happening.

I hope we don't have to pay for DLC either.
I'd like it if any extras were sent by mail like in City Folk.
^_^ I can't help it! I'm excited all over again! ^_^

With Nintendo sending the items in the mail for AC, for free, that was always really great to me. It's like them sending us presents out of the blue.

@Ben: True, the animal tracks is a good point. But atleast we'll be aware if they're in this game or not.
As for the release, we'll probably get it a few days after the US/Japan (on thrusday 'cause all Nintendo games come out here on thursday haha) - possibly a week at max. I doubt we'll get it at the end of spring (aus time)

@Prof: Yes hopefully, I'm just hoping upgrades aren't as easy to get. Like in CF you could pretty upgrade Nook's once every day.
But as Nook is the real estate and the llama/alpaca is the apparent furniture hottie, who knows if they'll upgrade (I'm hoping they do)

@thread/general forum: Really looking forward to everyone making shops again - how i remember everyone making shops and then bidding 5Mil on like the Mario Kart, gonna be fun seeing that again

Me too! '08-'09 City folk players were bidding 2 million for pikmin hats and then we get the '11-'12 players *****ing about 10,000B I liked those really high price battles!

I don't see how that says there will be paid DLC. It says that most of it will already be in the game from the get go.

I don't see how that says there will be paid DLC. It says that most of it will already be in the game from the get go.

this

@Garrett: yeah, i remember people buying the Hero's outfit for like 1Mil not they buy it for like 5k

They said it wont rely on DLC but that could mean there will be some DLC and Nintendo has started to make some DLC paid so. Its just a thought, but now that i think about it AC DLC has always been free, so i doubt they'd make us pay.

I hope we don't have to pay for DLC either.
I'd like it if any extras were sent by mail like in City Folk.
^_^ I can't help it! I'm excited all over again! ^_^
What would really amaze me is if Nintendo were able to send the DLC to Swapnote/Nintendo Letter Box and then when you read the letter and find out what they have sent, it would get sent to the game from there, I think that would be an amazing feature to incorporate that Nintendo 3DS app.

Agreed. Animal Crossing isn't a game where you can milk money from people by making DLC, it's just not in it.
So I too would rather have no DLC at all than have to pay for it.

Agreed. Animal Crossing isn't a game where you can milk money from people by making DLC, it's just not in it.
So I too would rather have no DLC at all than have to pay for it.

good peeps agree.

anyway, leave DLC aside.

Now, I wouldn't mind a new tree species, i know flower species have been bought up, but idk about trees

Back