• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

Honestly, I don't care too much for the Dream House thing. Sure, it looks cool, but I can't see myself using it much.

I'll be using it often. What can be better than seeing other people's towns with your own eyes than just screenshots here?

Plus you get 5,000 bells a day for just updating your town, so you might as well. :p

Honestly, I don't care too much for the Dream House thing. Sure, it looks cool, but I can't see myself using it much.

That's actually one of the features I'll be using the most. Visiting towns from all over the world and seeing how creative some can be/getting ideas from other towns sounds fun.

Wow. I thought people would be all over the dream mansion. It's honestly my favorite feature of the game, and I'm going to have to need lots of self control to not time travel to unlock it lol

Wow. I thought people would be all over the dream mansion. It's honestly my favorite feature of the game, and I'm going to have to need lots of self control to not time travel to unlock it lol

it unlocks pretty early (a week after being mayor) so i think you'll be alright.

i do admit, i haven't used the dream mansion much lately. I do use it for inspiration sometimes and of course to visit towns for patterns.

I really should get a dream address...

I don't care about the dream mansion stuff as much myself. I kinda know how I want to make my town, and seeing other people's towns won't really help me make mine better necessarily.

I'm mostly interested in the Street Pass features. Want to get other peoples' houses in my town so I can order things they have in their houses and so their characters will give me free stuff. Just hope the US version is compatible with the Japanese version as far as Street Pass features go. Seeing as I live in Japan, could just take my game with me around Tokyo and get a lot of Street Passes. Think it'll be easy to fill up the Street Pass part of my town if they're compatible. I see people play this game on the train *all the time*.

Seeing as I live in Japan, could just take my game with me around Tokyo and get a lot of Street Passes. Think it'll be easy to fill up the Street Pass part of my town if they're compatible. I see people play this game on the train *all the time*.

I'm surprised you haven't been playing this game. 0_o

3DS used 100$.
game 50$.
so much fun - priceless.

I'm surprised you haven't been playing this game. 0_o

3DS used 100$.
game 50$.
so much fun - priceless.

Because my written Japanese is terrible. I won't get as much fun out of it if I can't read it.

Trust me on this. I played Suikoden in Japanese fairly recently. The only reason I survived that is I found a copy of the script somewhere in English. Animal Crossing is a game you can't make a script for, because everyone has different villagers and the villagers react to you in different ways all the time.

Ironically, thanks to Suikoden and riding on the train all the time in Tokyo, I probably know more kanji than I know hiragana or katakana. And that's just sad. AC is made for everyone to play, so doesn't have much kanji.

Someone could probably make a script, but reading it would involve a lot of backtracking due to villagers having random responses.

You're smart for waiting. What point is there getting a game you can only half enjoy?

Because my written Japanese is terrible. I won't get as much fun out of it if I can't read it.

Trust me on this. I played Suikoden in Japanese fairly recently. The only reason I survived that is I found a copy of the script somewhere in English. Animal Crossing is a game you can't make a script for, because everyone has different villagers and the villagers react to you in different ways all the time.

Ironically, thanks to Suikoden and riding on the train all the time in Tokyo, I probably know more kanji than I know hiragana or katakana. And that's just sad. AC is made for everyone to play, so doesn't have much kanji.

That sounds like an incentive to study and to take the game slowly. Also this game has a fair amount of kanji; though nearly everything has furigana to make it easier on kids.

Someone could probably make a script, but reading it would involve a lot of backtracking due to villagers having random responses.

You're smart for waiting. What point is there getting a game you can only half enjoy?

You get as much out of the game as you put into it ;)

I think the upcoming DLC looks way too cool.
The "Aurora screen" delivering this Friday, the first in Japan. JEALOUS.
BBrJcZSCMAAom2w.jpg:large

How beautiful. I hope we get nice dlc like this when the game is finally released.

Is DLC orderable from whoever does ordering? Because I know for sure that I'mma ask the Japanese players for that because that Aurora Borealis thing looks awesome.

Back