• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

wow that could actually be quite useful than just having to sit through his song every goddamn time
can it be used on wifi? idk how it would work on wifi tho

Well, when your buddies are with you, you can tell to Kapp'n to not sing, in which will save a lot of time when navigating through the seas. Otherwise, you'd have to tap on the touch screen several times to skip the song part.

I got my aurora screen and to answer the questions asked a few days ago:
It can't be recoloured, it has a very slow animation and it can be ordered!

Hurrah! Thanks :) I'm getting all excited again now and plotting to sell all my fruit and collecting seashells haha! Ahh I love the first week in a new town <3

I can take orders in a few months. :) They cost around 4000 bells to order which is nice and cheap. ^^
even if we end up getting these it be nice to have them early...its great that some of the dlc can be ordered. I have to make a list and save up once I get the game.
:)

I found a new item this morning. It's festival related, some beans! You get to throw them and they scatter. If they hit a villager they get a shocked face for a second... too fast to take a photo of. These beans are used in Japan in the Setsubun festival. Which is in the start of February.

HNI_0019.JPG
You can see the beans scattering in this pic.
HNI_0021.JPG
I was able to buy it from the Home Centre for 800 bells on the 1st of Feb. It doesn't have it's own icon, just the brown bag the same as the glow sticks.

I kept throwing beans at Charmy and chased her and she didn't seem to get mad at me, so there doesn't seem to be any negative effect unlike the net.

I really like that! It's really cool to see that they would add beans you can throw for the bean throwing festival.

Though it makes me wonder if the holidays outside of Japan will get things like this or not.

Yeah I worried about that as well. Setsubun is a very Japanese festival. I don't know if it would translate to the European or American versions.

Yeah I worried about that as well. Setsubun is a very Japanese festival. I don't know if it would translate to the European or American versions.

Probably not sadly. There aren't any holidays or festivals I can think of that would be similar..

With all the 'localising' they've been doing, it's probably not going to be outside Japan!

Well setsubun is a Japanese holiday so why would it make it outside the Japnese game?
it never did in the previous series...

I was chasing Charmy around the village throwing beans at her and it didn't seem to run out. Then again I only did it for about a minute. Maybe the beans will go rotten after 7 days. I'll keep using them everyday and find out.

I was chasing Charmy around the village throwing beans at her and it didn't seem to run out. Then again I only did it for about a minute. Maybe the beans will go rotten after 7 days. I'll keep using them everyday and find out.

D: I wanna throw beans at villagers D: Idc if it's a japanese holiday, I want it in the American version.

I've always wished that they would mix Japanese and Western holidays into the games, but I know it's not going to happen.

But I can survive without Setsuban.

Back