• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

Its a shame, really, that this one holiday probably won't make it out of Japan. If they would put it in the other regions, it could go a long way to intercultural understanding (not to mention, I'd use any excuse to throw something at my villagers :D)

I don't care if the holiday doesn't come out of Japan, I just want the beans lol, and I'm sure we can get some by visiting Japanese towns, or asking Japanese players.

Hope so. That also raises a question I've been wanting to know(though this probably isn't the right thread to be asking, oh well.)

Those people who bought the JP version, are you going to keep playing it when the English version comes out? Would be a really cool way for people to get the JP exclusive stuff.

Those people who bought the JP version, are you going to keep playing it when the English version comes out? Would be a really cool way for people to get the JP exclusive stuff.

Some are, some aren't. I'm keeping my JP version and have already started gathering items for my NA copy of the game and for friends who will have the NA version.

I'm going to keep my Japanese game as well. I actually have considered cancelling my pre-order of the American game. One cart is enough to keep me busy! I couldn't imagine doing 2 at once.

Oh, and just to say: very excited that the aurora screen is order-able! They really are very pretty.

I like some japanese holidays. I'm not sure about throwing beans at people though.

I do as well. I highly doubt we'll get Setsubun and even if we did, I guarantee some bleeding hearts would go around claiming and protesting that this is animal abuse.

I do as well. I highly doubt we'll get Setsubun and even if we did, I guarantee some bleeding hearts would go around claiming and protesting that this is animal abuse.

*Promoting violent behavior. =p

But like SP said, we'll probably be able to get them from JP players.

Throwing beans is fun. :c And the villagers abuse you back by throwing them at you. xD

Throwing beans is fun. :c And the villagers abuse you back by throwing them at you. xD

Yes, I believe that there is an archaic term for that in NA..
if I remember correctly.. it's called having fun. Good thing that sort of thing is being outlawed.

Yes, I believe that there is an archaic term for that in NA..
if I remember correctly.. it's called having fun. Good thing that sort of thing is being outlawed.

Heh, heh, yeah...
Anyways, does anyone remember the dates of Tabanta and Setsubun?

Also the aim of the festival is not to throw beans at people but around the house to ward off evil.

Back