• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

This'll be posted on my tumblr later today, thought I'd give you guys a first look
Updated Nintendo Village footage :)

Well, that was unexpected. I'm hoping they'll give away the rest of the Nintendo themed patterns from the Direct, but I'm glad to see the new patterns there.

I like that some festivals are region specific. That encourages us to make friends in Japan so we can go to their towns and celebrate Setsubun. And of course they can come to our towns and celebrate some North American holidays. It gives the games such a 'real' feeling, like you're actually travelling across the world :)

"Friends in Japan" ?
But how are we going to write down japanese signs on an occidental 3DS, for entering them in our friends list ?

The 3ds friend codes automatically put in the name when you both hook up. I don't know if someone with a Japanese 3ds and spelled their name in Japanese characters want to friend with me to test this theory, but I will bet either the console will translate or it will fix the name you put in.

If you're playing with anyone who has a Japanese 3DS, you might see some Japanese from them, even if you're not able to type them at all with your American/European 3DS. Whenever someone has you added (provided you did the same) and connect online, it'll fix the names of the registered players. Even with Korean and Japanese! Therefore, you won't have to correctly type their name, but it's still recommended for quicker identifying, just in case. Same goes for Animal Crossing: New Leaf as well.

I feel quite newbish for asking, but how do you catch Shizue asleep to unlock the Dream Mansion?
I was curious because none of the wikis that I have looked at so far has any real concrete information
and I was wondering if it's late at night or at random times you will find her asleep.

Another quick (and quite newbish) question is, how do you grow delicious fruits and is it only exclusive to your town fruit?

I have no accurate information to tell about unlocking the Dream Mansion, but I believe you had to wait a certain number of days and have connected to Internet at least once. I got it that way.

You can only grow your native delicious fruit. If you attempt to plant a foreign delicious fruit, that tree will just spawn their normal fruits instead.

Also...
I played Festivale today (I actually time travelled to Monday, as it's needed to easily manage my schedule).

Like in ACCF, confettis are everywhere in my town. Festivale appears to be quite different in comparaison.
From what I've seen so far, colored feathers (there are 7 different colored feathers, including the rainbow one) are found floating around the town and can be caught with a net. You can also trade with villagers for another feather, or perhaps risking it to get a chance of obtaining one of the Pav? Series items by playing a "game". You can also hand out 3 of the asked colored feathers or one rainbow feather to Pav? herself to obtain the Series. She may give duplicates, so patience is still a must to snag every single Pav? furniture.

Much, much less painful than ACCF's Festivale, as it doesn't take too long to collect the Series. It took me less than 3 hours to do so, along with the help of a friend.

I'm not entierely sure if the games you play with villagers are entierly luck-based or if there's some sort of skill involved to easily get through of them.

I'm not entierely sure if the games you play with villagers are entierly luck-based or if there's some sort of skill involved to easily get through of them.

The rock-paper-scissors game is luck based. The other game, the villagers give you hints using the emotions they show.

Did anyone else notice in the E3 2011 pics the trees and speech bubble look diffrent from now? I just noticed it today. :O

And once again, we have moderators that are not moderators. While the poster did have old news, it may be that he has just now learned about the game and was looking through old YouTube videos and noted that. Also, anything that isn't on the first page of the forum is kind of free game to repost. Instead of making the poster feel stupid and unloved, how about saying, yeah, most people knew about that and here is a thread that details it. Why do we need to say rude things about looking before posting? If you can't say something nice, don't say anything.

To be fair, it still exists and is not closed.
Anyway, does the fishing tourney furniture come from each fish entry?
I've had four or five fishing tourneys now and got one or two of the furniture set from each. (I'm always super busy on a Saturday so it's hard for me to play all day.)

What has happened though is I've got the next furniture piece along so each time is not reset it continues. Which would have meant if it didn't I would have had 5 squid chairs. (That's the first item I got) You get a prize each time you bring in a winning fish. So you need to remember what size was the last one so you can beat it and get another item.

Also not sure if this has been mentioned yet but my Shampoodle's has started selling boy hair styles as well as girl's. So my girl character can get a boy's style. I can see some wonderful cross dressing now.

Last edited:
Back