• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

Coming up with a backstory for your character is a really cute idea! I kind of gave my player characters their own personalities in Wild World but never any backstories. I'm not sure what it would be though....

Also those crabs are creepy, but I'm glad that at least they aren't coconut crabs. Hoooo boy if I ever saw one of those things in real life I'd high-tail it outta there. They're huge.

Spider crabs creep me out more because I'm going to think those are Japanese spider crabs, which are super huge...

I'm going to have a version of myself in-game, and a version of 4 of my original characters I have. (Two of them are twins, so one character could technically represent both of them. The only difference in them is their hair color. xD I could just say they're twins who live together.)

I can't decide whether or not to have more than one character at this point, if I can find a good spot that I don't have any plans for in town, then I will have some more characters.

I can't decide whether or not to have more than one character at this point, if I can find a good spot that I don't have any plans for in town, then I will have some more characters.

tbh this is how I was at first.
But I mean, you'll be able to display more patterns in your town, and have more storage (possible get Katrina quicker depending on when you make them)

That's why I'm getting another (plus I want a female character LOL)

tbh this is how I was at first.
But I mean, you'll be able to display more patterns in your town, and have more storage (possible get Katrina quicker depending on when you make them)

That's why I'm getting another (plus I want a female character LOL)

The patterns thing is always the main reason I get more characters, but then I decided I was going to do a two-pattern path, but yeah getting Katrina is definitely worth it, and plus you can only buy one piece of art from Redd per character even if he has more than 1 original, so that would be another reason...

I want a female character too lol

All my characters are gonna be ladies.

How do more human villagers help with getting Katrina? o.o

More villagers = more times to see Katrina when she visists.
The faster you get the required amount of times(I forgot what it is) the faster she opens up shop in the mall.

You need to visit Katrina 20 times in town before she opens up store in the mall.

However each character can only visit her once per time the visits.

So if you have 1 character it'll take 20 visits
2 characters will take 10 visits
3 characters will take 6/7 visits
4 characters will take 5 visits

Oh alright! I didn't know getting her in the mall had to do with how many times you see her! That gives me even more reason to make new characters.

I think I'll have four characters in my town. One would be me, one would probably be my sister, the other two would just be for getting things faster and more pattern space. Also you can use their money for community projects! I don't want them cluttering my town though so I'll put them in a corner or something

No not different corners! I'd hate that. One corner like a tiny neighborhood with stone paths and flowers. It would totally match my town

Yea Zed went to a dream town where they had all 4 characters and they places two houses in the top right corner of the town next to each other - looked really nice

Back