• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

I found a picture of nightmares.

tumblr_mj0g5y30BB1rl2701o2_400.jpg

lol nah. it's actually a spider crab.

edit: if anyone hasn't checked the guide yet, you gotta dive to get this beast.

I can't wait to pull my nightmares out of the ocean...

Tadpole reaction: Omg it's so adorable ahhhh I want to just catch it and keep it in my house forever and name him tiddles and ahhhhh.

Spider Crab Reaction: HOLY GOD WHY.

Our character actually dives under the water, sees that thing, and decides "Yeah. That's something I want to grab in its natural habitat. No ill can come from this decision."

I... I think our character is a few crayons short of a full box.

I dunno, seems pretty sane to me.

"I dove in the ocean and got a spider crab, look!" "Whoa, that's awesome!"

"I'm the mayor of a town full of animals." "Uh huh."

Yes I suppose catching Spider Crabs is probably the least fantastical thing someone who lives in an Animal Crossing village can write home to mom.

"Mom you'll never guess what happened! After I got off the train everyone thought I was the mayor and now I'm the mayor!"

Now that I think about it... who lets their kid ride off on a train/taxi/bus with absolutely no idea of where they're going to live once they get to the town. All they have is the town's name, the clothes they're wearing, and whatever money they have at the start of the game. (If they even have money. I can't even remember it's been so long since I started a town.)

I think our characters all rebel and run away from home and mom is just so nutters that she is cool with it. Dad's probably not cool with it so that's why we don't get letters from him that much. Papa's mad at us guys. D:

Ah! I mentioned this in another thread.

Our characters are most likely young adults. The cartoony style of AC makes it look like our characters are younger.
In letters that your Mom sends you, sometimes she'll mention how much you've grown up, and how you're old enough to be on your own.

Oh I've never had my doubts our characters are old enough to live on their own... I have a tendency to use 'kid' in regards to anyone 18 or younger now that I'm 22. >>; I need to stop that..

Tadpole reaction: Omg it's so adorable ahhhh I want to just catch it and keep it in my house forever and name him tiddles and ahhhhh.

Spider Crab Reaction: HOLY GOD WHY.

Our character actually dives under the water, sees that thing, and decides "Yeah. That's something I want to grab in its natural habitat. No ill can come from this decision."

I... I think our character is a few crayons short of a full box.

*google image search*

NOPE. NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE

Yes I suppose catching Spider Crabs is probably the least fantastical thing someone who lives in an Animal Crossing village can write home to mom.

"Mom you'll never guess what happened! After I got off the train everyone thought I was the mayor and now I'm the mayor!"

Now that I think about it... who lets their kid ride off on a train/taxi/bus with absolutely no idea of where they're going to live once they get to the town. All they have is the town's name, the clothes they're wearing, and whatever money they have at the start of the game. (If they even have money. I can't even remember it's been so long since I started a town.)

I think our characters all rebel and run away from home and mom is just so nutters that she is cool with it. Dad's probably not cool with it so that's why we don't get letters from him that much. Papa's mad at us guys. D:

I know we got 1k bells in the start of GC, but we had to pay that to Tom Nook right after we picked a house. -.-

Maybe that's why our characters moved to an animal village. It's a lot cheaper than living in a human village. That or they just got really really lucky.

I always give my characters a back story since I never name the character after myself.

Like my City Folk's character was named LaLaLa, and she moved to the Animal Village to have time to work on her music in peace. My gamecube character moved because she was sick, and she figured that the fresh air would do her good.

I wonder what NL's character's motives for moving are.

I always give my characters a back story since I never name the character after myself.

Like my City Folk's character was named LaLaLa, and she moved to the Animal Village to have time to work on her music in peace. My gamecube character moved because she was sick, and she figured that the fresh air would do her good.

I wonder what NL's character's motives for moving are.

I really like this idea. I'm tempted to make one myself.

I've had two ideas for the backstory of my New Leaf character.

1. She's originally from Sunvill (my very first AC:pG town that got deleted), and she's decided she's tired of living in a small town and wants a change of pace. That and to avoid paying the last chunk of change on her house so that her crazy landlord doesn't build a gold statue of her and drop it at the train station for everyone to see. Of course, the same NPCs would all be handwaved in my head cannon and I'd pretend they were all different. Except Rover. "Oh god its you."

2. My character's been huddled up at home all of her life. Always had trouble making friends because she was so shy. Didn't help that her mom was so... unique. One day she stumbled upon an advertisement for housing in a small beachside town. Calm, quiet, and peaceful! Just the type of place she'd always wanted to live! So she asked for her parents' permission and they gave her blessing. She nervously bought a ticket and set out, hoping to find herself and her way in the world.

I'm considering making my girl a recent graduate of High School. All of her friends had gone of to college while she was unable to afford the tuition herself, leaving her alone in her small town. She has always had an affinity with animals, and decides that she could try moving there for a year while she saves up to go to school. However, she ends up being the mayor and makes new friends as she moves on to the next level in her life.

lol that crab scares me XD
i might be scared when i see it first when i get it XD
i dont really make a story for my characters though lol

Coming up with a backstory for your character is a really cute idea! I kind of gave my player characters their own personalities in Wild World but never any backstories. I'm not sure what it would be though....

Also those crabs are creepy, but I'm glad that at least they aren't coconut crabs. Hoooo boy if I ever saw one of those things in real life I'd high-tail it outta there. They're huge.

Also those crabs are creepy, but I'm glad that at least they aren't coconut crabs. Hoooo boy if I ever saw one of those things in real life I'd high-tail it outta there. They're huge.

*google search* \?…?/ @.@ ._.

It is an interesting concept, but one that I haven't used. I'm a creative person, but alas I'm not that creative.

Back