• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

I think you mean....skinny dipping with your animal villagers!!!!

*runs*

Just one of the perks of being mayor. Besides, the sheep only wear scarves anyway...

I wish in a future version of AC, we could choose what sound is made when we walk on patterns.(Stone, dirt, grass, sand, etc.)

Shooting stars would also be another good reason to walk around at night.

I've never once been able to get my character to wish on a shooting star. ;-; I always have something in my hands when one of them shows up. I have never seen one while I walked around carrying nothing.

There are certain days when there's meteor shower. A lot of shooting stars will be seen on the sky, and all you do is press A button (providing you aren't holding anything) whenever a star passes in. Do that once, and you will get a spotlight furniture the next day.

I've never once been able to get my character to wish on a shooting star. ;-; I always have something in my hands when one of them shows up. I have never seen one while I walked around carrying nothing.

I was only ever to do it during WW. Once I got like 5 in the same day, but it will only give you one item/letter per day.

Haha I was just about to ask that!

But I've only seen the star once :< and I missed it because i didn't know what it was

There are certain days when there's meteor shower. A lot of shooting stars will be seen on the sky, and all you do is press A button (providing you aren't holding anything) whenever a star passes in. Do that once, and you will get a spotlight furniture the next day.

Ah, alright. That's nice! If I'm still unlucky with shooting stars on the average night, at least I have hopes to actually wish on one during a meteor shower! Will the game announce on the town message board when a meteor shower is going to take place?

Ah, alright. That's nice! If I'm still unlucky with shooting stars on the average night, at least I have hopes to actually wish on one during a meteor shower! Will the game announce on the town message board when a meteor shower is going to take place?

Yes it will!

Just one of the perks of being mayor. Besides, the sheep only wear scarves anyway...

I wish in a future version of AC, we could choose what sound is made when we walk on patterns.(Stone, dirt, grass, sand, etc.)
Unpopular opinion here, but I really don't like pattern paths. They're kinda ugly and don't ever gel with the grass.

The fact they don't blend into the ground underneath them is one of the reasons I don't use pattern paths (the other being the fact it takes too long to plan them out). I wish there was a way we could make parts of a pattern 'transparent' for use specifically as a path pattern. That'd make path making much more interesting to me because I could make stepping stone pathways or dirt looking paths that blend into the grass instead of having a straight edge.

Unpopular opinion here, but I really don't like pattern paths. They're kinda ugly and don't ever gel with the grass.

I agree with you to a certain extent. A path 2 squares wide with flowers on the outside always worked for me though haha. Kind of helps to bring them together.

Depending on how the grass deterioration works out in New Leaf, I may just stick to a dirt path. The dirt looks much better in this game than in previous ac titles in my opinion.

The fact they don't blend into the ground underneath them is one of the reasons I don't use pattern paths (the other being the fact it takes too long to plan them out). I wish there was a way we could make parts of a pattern 'transparent' for use specifically as a path pattern. That'd make path making much more interesting to me because I could make stepping stone pathways or dirt looking paths that blend into the grass instead of having a straight edge.

I was just thinking the same thing this afternoon!

It would be great food for thought for the next Animal Crossing!

I think it would be sooner than 2020. |:

Population Growing came out in 2002. Wild World came out in 2005. City Folk came out in 2008. All of which were games with pretty much the same premise and style.

PG->WW: 3 Years.
WW->CF: 3 Years.

New Leaf is coming out this year, 2013.

CF->NL: 5 Years.

I assume one could say those two extra years were spent because this game is so drastically different from the others. It's quite possible that if the next games in the series are similar to New Leaf we won't have as long a wait. But still I would guess that the next game could come out between 2016 and 2018.

I think it would be sooner than 2020. |:

Population Growing came out in 2002. Wild World came out in 2005. City Folk came out in 2008. All of which were games with pretty much the same premise and style.

PG->WW: 3 Years.
WW->CF: 3 Years.

New Leaf is coming out this year, 2013.

CF->NL: 5 Years.

I assume one could say those two extra years were spent because this game is so drastically different from the others. It's quite possible that if the next games in the series are similar to New Leaf we won't have as long a wait. But still I would guess that the next game could come out between 2016 and 2018.

DnM -> DnM+: 8 Months (April 2001 to December 2001)
DnM+ -> DnMe+: 2 Years (December 2001 to June 2003)
DnMe+ -> OyDnM: 3 Years (June 2003 to November 2005)
OyDnM -> MeIDnM: 3 Years (November 2005 to November 2008)
MeIDnM -> TDnM: 4 Years (November 2008 to November 2012)

Well I suspect the Animal Crossing team at EAD is probably working on Wii Sports U right now or something along those lines to be released this year or early next year. After they're done with that, they'll probably get to work on the next Animal Crossing for Wii U.

What I've seen of grass deterioration so far:

- Grass grows when flowers are on it and watered
- Grass grows after rain/ snow
- Grass deterioration does not occur under patterns, nor does it seem to grow. Patterns seem to freeze the grass
- Running does not deteriorate grass very quickly. For about 2 weeks I ran up and back on a stretch of ground for 5 minutes, I had planned to see how long it would take to deteriorate: I noticed no difference (The study stopped after that because I lost my town...) I will be doing this again at some point.

Long story short: Grass deterioration is not much to worry about: run to your hearts content!

Back