• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

What I've seen of grass deterioration so far:

- Grass grows when flowers are on it and watered
- Grass grows after rain/ snow
- Grass deterioration does not occur under patterns, nor does it seem to grow. Patterns seem to freeze the grass
- Running does not deteriorate grass very quickly. For about 2 weeks I ran up and back on a stretch of ground for 5 minutes, I had planned to see how long it would take to deteriorate: I noticed no difference (The study stopped after that because I lost my town...) I will be doing this again at some point.

Long story short: Grass deterioration is not much to worry about: run to your hearts content!

I think I mentioned this quite a while back. But isn't it great info to have? :)

On a side note, I ran into these at a gacha machine yesterday.

Sb5Eq2S.jpg

They cost like $15AUD on ebay here LOL

any way not related, but when I was in Japan. Idk where I was mayb near mt. fuji idk i was on a cable car and it was steamy everywhere I don't even remember where it was. it was Mt. Fuji I just checked the pendant I got

But there was a Pokemon gacha and I put in however many yen it costs for one (200 yen I think??) anyway I twisted it and 3 came out lol

I think I mentioned this quite a while back. But isn't it great info to have? :)

On a side note, I ran into these at a gacha machine yesterday.

Sb5Eq2S.jpg

I bought the pink one on ebay yesterday it cost me ?9 -_-

That's a hell of a markup o_O they're 200? at the machine.

Thats Ebay for you, charge twice as much for something haha, In England I've never seen things like this before and I just thought it was so cute I had to buy it :p

Me, too! I thought about ordering one from Ebay, but how do you pick just one??
One does not simply order one.

I remember Nintendo had this thing where you could go to those similar to the Gacha machines where you get AC:WW characters and they were like cellphone straps that can be hung anywhere. I have Blueberry (The blue bear) and the Siamese cat who I can't remember the name. The Wal-Mart near my house had them and we only gotten three before the promotion ended.

Makes me hope that we'll get something like the styluses. Those are so cool.
To be honest, $2.12 USD (which is 200Y give or take) isn't that bad for Gacha machines considering what you can get from them.
Here, about seventy-five to a dollar or more will get you a low quality item or in some rare instances (as AC) you may strike gold.

I wish we had machines like that here! I would spend my change collection trying to win everything AC related, and I stink at those machines. LOL

Man I used to collect quarters as a child so I could win prizes out of a pokemon machine by where my mother worked. There were cute little key chain like things made of metal and other neat prizes! I won every prize in the machine, I was so good at it. :( But They've all gone missing since then. If I ever saw one of those machines for sale somewhere I would save up the money and buy it. I loved it so much I cried when it was gone.

...I still collect quarters to this day, because of that machine. I don't know why they don't have more little fun things like that here in America. All I ever see are crane games. |: I hate crane games. They are designed so you won't win.

Yeah, they are, Berri! AND they never have good prizes in them. Crappy 25 cent stuffed animals with the occasional watch. :p

What bugs me most about crane games is that my step dad plays them all the time and WINS. Then he gives the toys to the dogs and they get tore up. At least he gave me a Pikachu he got one time. >>

Though I should keep my eyes on what he brings home in case he somehow comes across a magic crane game that has Animal Crossing plushies.

When I was a kid I won three teddy bears at once because one of them had ribbons on her and the other two had gotten tied up in them. One of them was a panda. ;-; I miss you cuddly tiny panda.

I've loved pandas ever since. xD I always wanted to get the panda teddy bears in Animal Crossing because of it.

Back