• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

Hamuji - black grumpy hamster
Hamsuke (Hamlet) - yellow hamster they first showed way back when

He's a jock? o_O but he looks so.. Lazy o.e
Hmm... So her name went from Cassandra -> Broffina... And she has Georgeous furniture? Do you know what her catchphrase is?
He may look lazy, but he doesn't act lazy at all.
Cassandra's catchphrase is ケッコー (Kekko).

It seems all of the villagers I've had are the ones whose English names are being revealed. xD;

Yeah, it seems she's more snooty and "posh" but.. broffina? It just sounds like a fancy name... For a chicken lol

At least you know they're names now! :D

Yeah, it seems she's more snooty and "posh" but.. broffina? It just sounds like a fancy name... For a chicken lol

At least you know they're names now! :D

Yeah, but I have to remember the Japanese names too, so I don't confuse my Japanese friends. xD One of them doesn't like the changes made to villager names and thinks it's strange that the names get changed.

I guess we don't know Jun's English name yet?

I hope jun gets a buff-but cute name. Like twinkle toes c: LOL

Well they have been seeing the names differently for years now, and seeing the new names, I'm sure they are bound to be like "wut Is dis? Nintendo. Wat r u doing? Nintendo. STAHP."
XD

I hope jun gets a buff-but cute name. Like twinkle toes c: LOL

Well they have been seeing the names differently for years now, and seeing the new names, I'm sure they are bound to be like "wut Is dis? Nintendo. Wat r u doing? Nintendo. STAHP."
XD

Some of the names stay close to the originals. Punchy's Japanese name means "slap", but I can see it now:
Japanese friend who has Cassandra (one of them really does have her), "Cassandra is Cassandra in English?" "No, she's Broffina." "Oh...-confused- What does that mean?" "I have no idea." "Oh..."

^^;;;

LOL punchy is slap xD I don't see why they changed it, I liked Cassandra better, but Broffina has some decent possibilities as well. Haha I would ask what it meant to, especially since it probably just looks like Nintendo went from giving her a name to just slapping a keyboard :rolleyes:

I googled Broffina and it is either a very rare, obscure name, or NOA made it up. There's almost no results for it.

Even though it's a very uncommon name, lots of people here in the UK know how to pronounce Deirdre because there's a famous soap character with that name. However, there are actually two pronunciations, I discovered a few years back. In the UK it's pronounced DEER-DREE, but in the US (if Desperate Housewives is to be believed!) it's DEER-DRUH.

In Ireland we pronounce it DEER-DRA

I don't really like the name Broffina but I like Hamlet

The new female penguin(not Frappe) is named Flo. I thought Flo was better suited for Frappe, but whatever. Flo better be in my town because

1. she is a penguin
2. Progressive Insurance

It's a stretch, but maybe Broffina is a reference to how some people pronounce (chicken) broth as "broff." Adding the -ina made it girly.

It's a stretch, but maybe Broffina is a reference to how some people pronounce (chicken) broth as "broff." Adding the -ina made it girly.
seconding this, i was about to say that 'broff' sounds like 'broth' lol

It's kinda a weird name though, imo. Cassandra sounded nicer.

hmm I recall that there was a small debate on if Timmy and Tommy were Tom Nook’s nephews or not...seems nintendo gave the final word on facebook.

Tom Nook’s nephews, Tommy and Timmy are back in Animal Crossing: New Leaf. They now run general store on their own instead of Tom Nook!
here

hmm I recall that there was a small debate on if Timmy and Tommy were Tom Nook’s nephews or not...seems nintendo gave the final word on facebook.

here

Which one of them runs the first few of the shops because there is only one of them in Nooklings Junction and some of the others.

Back