• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

I just think it's weird that the game generates such similar layouts. I hope this is just a fluke.

Sadly it's not. Our towns only have two levels.

The town level, and the beach level. The town map generation only has to go through rivers, ponds, hills(to the beach), and rocks.
So a lot of maps are going to be very similar or identical.

The town level, and the beach level. The town map generation only has to go through rivers, ponds, hills(to the beach), and rocks.

But rivers can vary quite a bit.

Does anybody know how much the grass will be affected over time? I watched quite some videos on Youtube and never saw dry lands in anybody's town yet.. And I never run. Does that make a difference?

Not that I don't want a path. With all these great patterns, I MUST have a path. :rolleyes:

Indeed, as well the ponds and rocks can vary. It's not as complex as it was in WW or CF, but it's not going to be like every town has the same exact layout. Plus after people start customizing and placing things, that is what really makes the town unique.

Indeed, as well the ponds and rocks can vary. It's not as complex as it was in WW or CF, but it's not going to be like every town has the same exact layout. Plus after people start customizing and placing things, that is what really makes the town unique.

True, maybe that's why it's not too complex this time.

Does anybody know how much the grass will be affected over time? I watched quite some videos on Youtube and never saw dry lands in anybody's town yet.. And I never run. Does that make a difference?

Not that I don't want a path. With all these great patterns, I MUST have a path. :rolleyes:

It takes a lot longer to wear in this game, apparently putting patterns down prevents it as well, but yeah longer than in city folk :)

I have NO idea if this was already posted or if I'm in the wrong thread, so please excuse me if I missed something. :)

So, yeah... my sister opened her Nat Geo Kids magazine, and the first TWO pages was a...... New Leaf ad!!! Omg. It wasn't anything super special, but I can post scans if ya need. It was still SUPERRR EXCITINGGG to see!!! It's really happening!!! *SQUEAL*

Uh, yeah, just thought I'd mention. :rolleyes:

There's a Nintendo Direct tonight. Err, this morning for those in the US. Think they're going to talk about New Leaf at all? Once again, it's later at night for me when I am planning to get up early, so I don't know if I'll watch it or not.

There's a Nintendo Direct tonight. Err, this morning for those in the US. Think they're going to talk about New Leaf at all? Once again, it's later at night for me when I am planning to get up early, so I don't know if I'll watch it or not.
I thought they were going to talk about Wii U stuff only. Could be wrong, though.

In North America, the Direct is advertised as 3DS and Wii U. For Europe and Japan, it's just been Wii U.

It takes a lot longer to wear in this game, apparently putting patterns down prevents it as well, but yeah longer than in city folk :)

I just don't understand why they made patterns protect the grass. If you cover the whole town in patterns you can't see the lovely perfect grass! If you don't, it wears away! It makes no sense to me at all :confused:

I was watching Zed's stream, and he visited an English town in his Japanese copy in a Dream World...

The sign said Re-Tail instead of R-Parkers!

Ah I just got the Animal Crossing New Leaf puzzle piece in Puzzle Swap on Street Pass Quest (Find Mii), exciting, I want it all now!!!

An English Animal Crossing New Leaf stationery has been sent out now I see! It features Isabelle and has the AC leaf symbol flying about.

Back