• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

Does anyone find it a little odd that we don't have english names for the two new personalities yet?

I'm guessing Smug is just a fan translation? Uchi doesn't mean anything to an english person either....I suppose the terms aren't mentioned anywhere in the actual game?

Does anyone find it a little odd that we don't have english names for the two new personalities yet?

I'm guessing Smug is just a fan translation? Uchi doesn't mean anything to an english person either....I suppose the terms aren't mentioned anywhere in the actual game?

I don't think the terms we use are ever mentioned in the past games. I'm guessing the original 6 were printed in the first guidebook, so we'll get some terms from Prima.

We also don't have a proper name for the sea creatures yet I don't think.

first time poster here, y'all.

i wanted to know, can you go to the main street when your gates are open? it would be a shame if you can't, especially since the museum is there and i'd love to show my stuff off in multiplayer.

first time poster here, y'all.

i wanted to know, can you go to the main street when your gates are open? it would be a shame if you can't, especially since the museum is there and i'd love to show my stuff off in multiplayer.

Yes, yes you can.

Alright, cool. I figured you'd be able to but one of the reviews said "Other aspects that I’m not fond of involve the lack of accessibility when your town gates are open, restricting your movements to your town only and not allowing access to your city shops. " :eek:

i can't post links but it was the review on Gaming-age(dot)com

Alright, cool. I figured you'd be able to but one of the reviews said "Other aspects that I’m not fond of involve the lack of accessibility when your town gates are open, restricting your movements to your town only and not allowing access to your city shops. " :eek:

i can't post links but it was the review on Gaming-age(dot)com

I think those reviewers got confused with what AC game they were playing then. I believe shops like the Dream Mansion can't be accessed(why would you need it anyway though?) and some shops will probably only be able to have one guest at a time. Shampoodles and Katrina's most likely.

Nintendo took so much of an eternity to translate this game, I didn't learn anything anything in this trhead for weeks, even if the community tryed hard.

I'm so happy I got a GameStop card. If I trade in another game, I get it for free. And I already found another game :p

I'm so excited for the game. There is so much that Nintendo put into this game, and it should be the first game a newcomer plays.

I was wondering, the new fruits Lemons, Durians, Persimmons, Mangos and Lychees. Can they appear as your town fruit or are they exclusive to the island?

Hey guys are there yet good, and by good I mean : good looking and complete checklist for the game, in english. I'd like something printable-friendly for fishes/bugs etc... and furnitures/clothes ?

I am not usually the kind of person to ask questions about things but I am curious how does the taking pictures work in the new game do you still have to manually save them to the sd card or do you just snap a photo and it auto saves ?

Every time you hold L and R buttons, the picture will be taken and saved directly to the SD Card.

Is it obvious that a picture is taken? Is there a shutter sound?

There shouldn't be a loud shutter sound if you take a in-game picture. If you were to take a picture with any of the 3 lens on a 3DS, it would produce that loud shutter sound regardless of the audio volume your 3DS is set, just to let the people surrounding become aware about that.

Is it true that there's at least one delicious fruit or delicious fruit tree in your town as soon as you start the game?

Back