• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

Celeste is the owl in the observatory right?
I used to love going up to tell her she's cute and she'd get a bit mad!
Maybe they bring her back but with a different purpose, like what happened to Tom Nook?
yes, that's her. You only go up to make constellations. I hope she has more of a purpose.

I really hope the old Friend Code system doesn't come back, I really do. That was probably the one thing holding Nintendo's old online multiplayer system back. This would feel like 2 steps forward and one step backwards for Animal Crossing. Though honestly, you will probably have little to no reason to play Animal Crossing on a friend's 3DS. If you ever do, it would likely be just to show them your town.

When this game comes out and if it has a gate system, I'll have it open all of the time. I'm looking forward to planning fishing trips with people or just having them stumble into my town while I'm doing things.

yeah, i dont want the old FC system back either, but it'll be kinda hard if there will be more than one character. Or unless all characters have the same FC and the 3DS is smart enough to do that

And i'm pretty sure the train is the new gate

I don't think multiple characters on one Animal Crossing 3DS would work. One of the selling points of that game is that you get to be the mayor of your town, and you can't have multiple mayors of one town. It sounds more likely to me that there will only be one player per cartridge.

and like i said with the FC thing, guess we'll have to wait

Yep I know who you mean now, but on Wild World (not sure about city folk) you could speak to her and you could tell her she's cute, and she used to get all embarrassed by it. :D I too hope she has more of a purpose, I guess like many things we'll just have to wait :)

Yep I know who you mean now, but on Wild World (not sure about city folk) you could speak to her and you could tell her she's cute, and she used to get all embarrassed by it. :D I too hope she has more of a purpose, I guess like many things we'll just have to wait :)

wait, what?

On wild world, if you go up to Celeste's observatory and you speak to her, she gives you the 3 option thing, one is never mind, I think one is 'what is this?' and the middle one says 'You're cute!', and she gets embarrassed and then tells you to just take a look through the telescope! :')

Ohhh, i had no idea what you were on about, makes sense now.

I hope she returns, i doubt she wont, she helps with making constellations. so yeah

Sorry, should of tried to make it more clearer!
I hope Blathers will be back too, his bug phobia used to amuse me :')

he'll be back.
to me his bug phobia was meh. i kinda want him to get over his fear, like if this is sequel(ish) to CF, he's been scared of then in WW and CF, he should have it fixed.
I'm assuming it's a squeal since Nook's now a real estate, so hopef, there's some continuity improvement within the game

Yeah!
I want to hear more about Nook's past life too!
I got really far in one game in WW, and it got to a point where some mornings I would go to the Able Sisters and Sable was puffing about something and she told me something (can't remember what), went next door to Nookington's and Nook was puffing too. I loved their story, but I ended up reseting the town for some reason :/

yeah, episodes were good hopefully more detailed ones return here

Yeah, and I'd also like to hear more background stories of other people, maybe Pelly and Phyllis, or Pete etc?

yes. I mentioned somewhere the other day that Pete's role was minimal. I hate Pelican's but they're really cute in AC.
I kinda want them to make a post office which they own, and Pete has some kind of purpose, like being a random visitors like Wendell/Sahara/Whoever where he'll get you to do something for the post office and give you a reward - hopefully we'll get a bit more scoop on the Pelly/Pete/Phyllis love triangle!

Yes, I like this! I know he's the mail man but he should get you to help him deliver letters or parcels or something! Ooh I know yeah, that would be brilliant! Plus it gives you another reason to keep playing the game, especially of your nosey, just to find out the drama and other peoples stories! :D

yes haha. also in CF it was like pete it always getting yelled up for stuffing up deliveries, so hopef we can help him in this one :D

Yep! We can get him out of trouble and get something for our troubles while we're at it! It's a win win situation :D

I also think it would be good to take over the coffee shop for a bit while Blather's takes a break, and you can chat to some of the townspeople and they could tell you little stories or some rumours going around the town! :)

dont really like this one.
who visits the roost on CF? only you
so who will you make coffee for? no one

i know the cafe will be different, but it'll still be kinda boring

That's true, but a lot's changed already: maybe the animals come in to the cafe sometimes, they do in WW. :)

Back