• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

It would be cool if you could go to Tom Nook before you payed your mortgage and you could pay him to change the roof colour, but it would be free {as always} if you payed your mortgage.
It would be cool if that camel {Sahara?} did the exterior etc of your house

In GC and CF, Nook sold paint colors.

Professor Layton is being released this November in NA and that wasn't mentioned at E3. I think there is still some chance that AC will be out this year in NA. Also Fire Emblem is 2012/2013 in NA but 2013 for EU.

Yeah and it shows some games as "Holiday" so yeah this should prove to people that 3DS games can still come out during this holiday season even though the Wii U is coming.

I hope so. some people are thinking that if Europe gets it in 2013, so will we but that's not the case. My best guess would be Fall or Winter...

Time for screenshot analysis with Gallows!

Really just trying to keep everyone interested.. anyway!

Today's subject: Grass Patterns!

Here we have two examples of the squares pattern

8ZsgM.jpg

3K302.jpg

and here we have the triangles pattern
Kdk4R.jpg

Which would likely point to the circles pattern also being available. As long as the triangle patterns turn into stars when it snows, I'll be completely happy.

8ZsgM.jpg

3K302.jpg

Kdk4R.jpg

Which would likely point to the circles pattern also being available. As long as the triangle patterns turn into stars when it snows, I'll be completely happy.

I always enjoyed these little things that they've incorporated into the AC series. I like the randomization and that it gives every town that has somewhat the same base a unique feel. I'm incredibly satisfied.

8ZsgM.jpg

3K302.jpg

Kdk4R.jpg

i'm not trying to start anything, but it is possible we'll only have square grass, the one you showed with triangles is from E3 2010 and we know lots of ideas from then have been scrapped.

Although I love the randomization of fruits and grass, sometimes I wish we could choose ourselves. I love starting with cherries, apples or peaches. But what if I get something ugly like a pear or orange? And I love the triangle and circle grass, what if I get squares?

Don't even get me started with the town shape, either! :(

Yeah I don't mind my grass style as long as it's circles, and I get pears in every version so I definitely want pears in AC3DS, but i just love the random town layout you get, it's so fun seeing everything.

I really doubt they would scrap the grass styles, that's always been an AC thing.
and I like how it's randomized. Getting to pick and choose every single detail would kill it for me, some things just need to be random to feel right.

I hope the grass is randomized...

And I hope I don't get cherries, because every single town I've made, I always had cherries! :mad:

I just restarted CF and I got peaches. I'd like some new fruit, even if it's just one new fruit.

One little thing I hope that is in AC3DS is not having to put away the item you're holding when you talk to someone. That annoys me really bad for some reason. They keep their things out when you talk to them, so you should be able to as well.

I just restarted CF and I got peaches. I'd like some new fruit, even if it's just one new fruit.

One little thing I hope that is in AC3DS is not having to put away the item you're holding when you talk to someone. That annoys me really bad for some reason. They keep their things out when you talk to them, so you should be able to as well.

Oh that was so annoying. I also hope there are more bridge designs like in Gamecube.

Back