• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

Famitsu has a follow up on Animal Crossing: Jump Out this week. The latest information covers town guidelines and other random tidbits.

New details are as follows:

- There is a Reset Monitoring Center in the game
- Mr. Resetti yells at you when you reset the game
- Determine your own laws and what you want the town to be like
- Laws will be setup only once
- You can make it so that your town is where flowers grow easily, a morning-type town, a rich town, and so on
- You can have a town that doesn’t sleep, which extends the amount of hours a store stays open
- Pay Sahara 3000 Bells and she’ll help you out with wallpaper and carpet decorations
- Use QR codes to bring in items made in My Design PRO

source : nintendoeverything

Hopefully we will get to see some scans from the new famitsu article. Not really news anyway but some of the points are quite interesting.

I can see Shizune completely replacing Tortimer in the sense of who to go to during holidays and events to get special items.

The retirement island idea is pretty popular, but I'm still set on believing he isn't going to be in the game at all.

I highly doubt they'll remove a character that has been such an influence on the series since the beginning. Personally, I'm liking what Superpenguin has to say. That being: I can see Tortimer visiting for holidays events wandering around town.

SP as soon as you mentioned that I was like 'yeah, that's definitely it.' I mean it's not confirmed or anything, but it feels so right :p

Yeah, and it doesn't have to be for EVERY holiday either, like I think the Festivale can survive without Tortimer, but New Year's he should be around to celebrate.

Famitsu has a follow up on Animal Crossing: Jump Out this week. The latest information covers town guidelines and other random tidbits.

- You can make it so that your town is where flowers grow easily, a morning-type town, a rich town, and so on
- You can have a town that doesn?t sleep, which extends the amount of hours a store stays open
- Pay Sahara 3000 Bells and she?ll help you out with wallpaper and carpet decorations

Hopefully we will get to see some scans from the new famitsu article. Not really news anyway but some of the points are quite interesting.

That sounds awesome!

- You can have a town that doesn?t sleep, which extends the amount of hours a store stays open
- Pay Sahara 3000 Bells and she?ll help you out with wallpaper and carpet decorations

That's neat, I am somewhat disappointed with the Sahara thing though, as this is basically reverted her back to ACGC, when she was programmed different in all the games.

GC- give any carpet and 3k bells
WW- deliver walls/floors to Special NPCs
CF - give 3 old carpets/wallpaper(and possibly money? I forget)

"Laws will be setup only once"?

What is that referring to - the part below where the town is a morning-type, rich type, etc. or is it something different?

Either way, I don't like the sound of "setup only once". In a game where you have to buy two whole cartridges to get another town, I think we should have flexibility. I think we should have that flexibility regardless.

Anyway, I hope the "flowers grow easily" setting negates the need to water flowers. That's a pipe-dream, of course, but it would make me choose it. lol

"Laws will be setup only once"?

What is that referring to - the part below where the town is a morning-type, rich type, etc. or is it something different?

Either way, I don't like the sound of "setup only once". In a game where you have to buy two whole cartridges to get another town, I think we should have flexibility. I think we should have that flexibility regardless.

Anyway, I hope the "flowers grow easily" setting negates the need to water flowers. That's a pipe-dream, of course, but it would make me choose it. lol

Choosing a theme of a town isn't really a law. I bet the laws where revolve around the residents and buildings. Like you can pick which buildings you want in your town and after you do that, they are there and you can't move them.

I bet flowers grow easily is with hybrids, or more flowers appear each day, that's just a guess of course though, and it could have more than one meaning to it.

So as far as the town options go, are the ones we know about the only options or is it possible there could be more?

So as far as the town options go, are the ones we know about the only options or is it possible there could be more?

I am pretty sure that is it, unless there is a "next" button. It just wouldn't make sense to 'unlock' a town theme and then being able to change it.

Rich, town that never sleeps, beautiful(probably the one with flowers), morning type.

I don't see how rich will have an effect on the town yet, unless the town decor is more money making ti seem like a richer town.

My image of a rich town is all the trees being bell trees. But I know that's not the case. lol

None of those sound appealing to me honestly. Maybe never sleeping, since that would keep the store opened?
other than that, I don't see a very good use for a rich town or a morning town.

Rich, town that never sleeps, beautiful(probably the one with flowers), morning type.

I don't see how rich will have an effect on the town yet, unless the town decor is more money making ti seem like a richer town.
Like Gallows said, morning type doesn't really make a huge difference. Rich town seems a bit weird, AC always tunes down prices. Also, there's almost no idea how a "rich" town would look like.

I guess a rich town could be.. Higher amounts of bells fall out of the normal trees or villagers will get more expensive furniture for their houses than they would otherwise. These two suggestions make the most sense to me, since villagers are pretty alive now and actually go shopping, along with taking/getting furniture to the thrift store.

- You can have a town that doesn’t sleep, which extends the amount of hours a store stays open
- Pay Sahara 3000 Bells and she’ll help you out with wallpaper and carpet decorations

This is some really nice info. I'll add it laters

Thanks for mentioning this here! Just posted it to my blog.

The part about only getting to choose once makes me nervous. I'm going to want a morning town while school is in so I can play before school, but there is no way I'm going to get up during to summer to play.

Since I prefer to play in the evening anyway (when the family is at its least busy), I will probably set for the sleepless town. I am not sure I like only setting it once though. It would be kind of nice if every once in a while, Shizu came and asked if the town was still the way you want it, similar to the way Nook asks in CF about changing the store around for hours, variety, etc. There may come a time when I can play in the morning hours and not late at night (not likely, but plausible) and would not want to totally reset the town.

I guess a rich town could be.. Higher amounts of bells fall out of the normal trees or villagers will get more expensive furniture for their houses than they would otherwise. These two suggestions make the most sense to me, since villagers are pretty alive now and actually go shopping, along with taking/getting furniture to the thrift store.

I agree with this. There's not much else it could be.

Back