• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

The part about only getting to choose once makes me nervous. I'm going to want a morning town while school is in so I can play before school, but there is no way I'm going to get up during to summer to play.

Since I prefer to play in the evening anyway (when the family is at its least busy), I will probably set for the sleepless town. I am not sure I like only setting it once though. It would be kind of nice if every once in a while, Shizu came and asked if the town was still the way you want it, similar to the way Nook asks in CF about changing the store around for hours, variety, etc. There may come a time when I can play in the morning hours and not late at night (not likely, but plausible) and would not want to totally reset the town.

it says laws can only be made once. the type of town isn't a law. you probably can change but not all the time, probably just like Nook's shop like you mentioned.

it says laws can only be made once. the type of town isn't a law. you probably can change but not all the time, probably just like Nook's shop like you mentioned.

It depends on what they are calling "laws." The laws could mean the part about making the town sleepless, rich, or whatever. It depends on whether NintendoEverything is doing a literal translation of Famitsu, or if they are translating content-wise.

It depends on what they are calling "laws." The laws could mean the part about making the town sleepless, rich, or whatever. It depends on whether NintendoEverything is doing a literal translation of Famitsu, or if they are translating content-wise.
Well I think it's safe to think realistically with the term "laws". A law is something residents follow, putting up a sign and declaring your town beautiful is not a law. It just gives visitors an idea of what your town has in store.

Well I think it's safe to think realistically with the term "laws". A law is something residents follow, putting up a sign and declaring your town beautiful is not a law. It just gives visitors an idea of what your town has in store.

There is also a word in Japanese that can mean both "law" and "celebration".
So.. yeah.

Mistranslations have happened before. I'm just not too sure on the whole laws thing, it seems like it doesn't fit.

While I do welcome the idea of higher customization, I hope that those "types of towns" aren't just lame presets that you use to adjust your town. I'd rather like smaller, insignificant changes that can effect the town as a whole, so there is more true customization involved.

ferret.png

Ferret?

could be an octopus though since it's name is Takoya, and Tako means octopus in japanese.

I think it's an octopus! Looks like it's wearing the flan shirt which is Gracie Grace, so hopefully Gracie will be back!

I wonder what that building with the lights on the bottom of the last image is! Maybe a theater type thing? :O

OMG THANKS SO MUCH! That nose looks like the octopus nose.
Oh cool, you can see yourself planting the big tree, and yup that villager DOES look like a hamster now.

OMG! Brewster looks so DANG TALL! I love it! and that new penguin character, oh YES!

Last edited:
I love how that one picture of planting a tree can get me so excited! :D
I think you will have to plant that tree as a symbol of a new beginning(Because your the new mayor), and that it will grow in about a week or so!
And OMG that hamster! i hope there are even more hamsters! I want one in my village, NOW! ;)

I love how that one picture of planting a tree can get me so excited! :D
I think you will have to plant that tree as a symbol of a new beginning(Because your the new mayor), and that it will grow in about a week or so!
And OMG that hamster! i hope there are even more hamsters! I want one in my village, NOW! ;)
I hope that there are always events when you do stuff. I wouldn't mind cutting the ribbon in front of the cafe, or christening the new bridge.

Back