• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

Damn.
Oh well, the Japanese release is just over a month away so we just have to wait :)

Don't know which ones have been posted so meh;
accf.png
accf1.png
accf2.png

I do know that this one hasn't been posted, so that confirms the 3 able sisters return, Labelle seem to have a new look, too
accf3.png

And here are some more translations;
Nice pics and info! Just curious, where did this come from?

I have an idea about the 'rich village' and 'beautiful village'. Someone mentioned that you can get funds from villagers, so I'm guessing in a rich village you get more funds than a normal village would. And in beautiful villages, maybe more flowers will grow in them. :)

And one question. Does anyone know about the house expansions? Like if there will be a basement, second floor, three rooms on the first floor... things like that. I hope we get to customize our house layout.

@Blue Yes I already know of that well, but I was wondering if there was something more grand available as well. A fountain kind of thing. I've always wanted to be able to sit on the fountain in City Folk, too! ;-;

In this instance, it's not possible to sit on a fountain in real life. So why would they introduce that into the game? I don't understand what you mean in this way. Can you be more specific?

In this instance, it's not possible to sit on a fountain in real life. So why would they introduce that into the game? I don't understand what you mean in this way. Can you be more specific?

A lot of upscale fountains offer seating around the edges. I think it'd be cool if there were a piece of fountain decor that allowed seating in your town (or even the mall area). I mean, I suppose it is a bit farfetched...but definitely not impossible in the real or game world.

A lot of upscale fountains offer seating around the edges. I think it'd be cool if there were a piece of fountain decor that allowed seating in your town (or even the mall area). I mean, I suppose it is a bit farfetched...but definitely not impossible in the real or game world.

Like in Great Mall XD (you live in Canada, so you dont know what I am talking about at all)

Its very common to have seating. Hopefully animals will engage more in the stuff we do, like catch bugs or water flowers.

Like in Great Mall XD (you live in Canada, so you dont know what I am talking about at all)

Its very common to have seating. Hopefully animals will engage more in the stuff we do, like catch bugs or water flowers.

I think it'd be neat (and extremely helpful) if the animals would water any withered flowers they walk by. :D

I think it'd be neat (and extremely helpful) if the animals would water any withered flowers they walk by. :D

Totally! Theres a reason why animals always hold their tools, so why dont they water flowers, catch fish, hit trees or animals with an axe, catch bugs, get money from rocks....
Also, the animals need to engage more "realistic." In the AC movie, we didnt see animals walking aimlessly. We saw them engaging more, like Whitney reading, or Y? and Alfonso catching bugs.

Okay, giant petaltail is flying, you see it and so does egbert, egbert is an NPC so he is much more skilled and catches it before you even get your net out, now you last the chance catching that bug. That's the only reason I don't want animals to catch bugs and fish, hitting trees would be them changing your town so no. Watering flowers, how would we know which flowers they watered? If they can do all this stuff, then give them more of the negative human actions in AC like destroying flowers when running, and destroying grass.

Yeah, villagers using tools has been something so many people have wanted but I don't see the point.
It seems so pointless and a waste, it'd take too much programming to do and it'd piss a lot of people off

Maybe you could hire villagers to take care of the town? The problem is that the only job I can think of is gardener... Yeah, maybe tools aren't the best idea. As long as the animals are more fleshed out this time (and it seems to be, since they have been shown going into shops, and interacting with the furniture) I would be fine with them wandering aimlessly with tools.

Okay, giant petaltail is flying, you see it and so does egbert, egbert is an NPC so he is much more skilled and catches it before you even get your net out, now you last the chance catching that bug. That's the only reason I don't want animals to catch bugs and fish, hitting trees would be them changing your town so no. Watering flowers, how would we know which flowers they watered? If they can do all this stuff, then give them more of the negative human actions in AC like destroying flowers when running, and destroying grass.
I agree with you on catching bugs and fish. I'm happy with them just carrying around their net or fishing pole leaving me to believe they're catching things while I'm not looking. As for watering, I'd still water them myself. It's just with the new mayor aspect I think it'd be heartwarming to walk out my door and see one of my neighbors water a plant. :p

Well, maybe villagers could just sometimes fish in the river or the ocean, but without actually catching anything, it would just be an animation.
Even better idea: if you see a villager catch a fish (wich should be very unlikely) you can ask them if you can have tht fish, and if your relationship is high enough, they should give it to you! :D

Please don't let the villagers catch bugs or fish o~o I'm fine if they just looked at the bug as it flew like before. (not too close to make it fly/get away ofc)

And no, I would never let them use their tools D: I don't want them chopping my tress down or digging random holes

Would you care to tell me why you think so? Just spouting out that isn't very helpful.

Well, maybe villagers could just sometimes fish in the river or the ocean, but without actually catching anything, it would just be an animation.
Even better idea: if you see a villager catch a fish (wich should be very unlikely) you can ask them if you can have tht fish, and if your relationship is high enough, they should give it to you! :D
Some ideas, like this one, are just best left at no, and not tried to be compromised.
It will effect gameplay more than you think, you'd just be a waste of pixels if the villagers can do the stuff you do.

Some ideas, like this one, are just best left at no, and not tried to be compromised.
It will effect gameplay more than you think, you'd just be a waste of pixels if the villagers can do the stuff you do.

I disagree. Seeing animal villagers actually do stuff would add an whole new level of immersion to the game. They always talk about what they've done/are doing, but it's never shown.

Trying to argue that something is a "waste of pixels" when talking about a life-simulation game like Animal Crossing - which is pretty much 'pointless' in its entirety - is never going to get you anywhere.

The villagers don't have to, and probably shouldn't, actually catch fish/bugs from the 'pool' that we take them from. They could simply get fish from another 'pool' (but please make it believable, I remember the Bug Catching Contest in Pokemon HG/SS had other competitors catching and winning with Pokemon that didn't even appear in the grass on that day/time. lol) The villagers fishing in AC:GCN on the fish tournament day never hurt anything, so why in the world would it now? It just adds a simple layer of immersion that I think would benefit the experience of this game. Everybody always talks about how the new AC games lack charm (and make no mistake, I certainly agree), but then when somebody suggests something that would definitely add charm, they're pelted with "That's pointless, such a waste of pixels!". Make up your minds!

Just think about it, things that we argue cause charm, like the dump from the GCN version, the train from the GCN version, the separate post office from the GCN version - those are all what could easily be considered a "waste of pixels".

I disagree. Seeing animal villagers actually do stuff would add an whole new level of immersion to the game. They always talk about what they've done/are doing, but it's never shown.

Trying to argue that something is a "waste of pixels" when talking about a life-simulation game like Animal Crossing - which is pretty much 'pointless' in its entirety - is never going to get you anywhere.

The villagers don't have to, and probably shouldn't, actually catch fish/bugs from the 'pool' that we take them from. They could simply get fish from another 'pool' (but please make it believable, I remember the Bug Catching Contest in Pokemon HG/SS had other competitors catching and winning with Pokemon that didn't even appear in the grass on that day/time. lol) The villagers fishing in AC:GCN on the fish tournament day never hurt anything, so why in the world would it now? It just adds a simple layer of immersion that I think would benefit the experience of this game. Everybody always talks about how the new AC games lack charm (and make no mistake, I certainly agree), but then when somebody suggests something that would definitely add charm, they're pelted with "That's pointless, such a waste of pixels!". Make up your minds!

Just think about it, things that we argue cause charm, like the dump from the GCN version, the train from the GCN version, the separate post office from the GCN version - those are all what could easily be considered a "waste of pixels".

You make a good point with fishing, but bug catching I still say no too. as long as the villagers jsut cast their lines into a fishless area and keep it there for a while, then it's fine, it adds charm(just as long as you can have normal conversations with them while they do this)

Back