• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

Well, yeah, that's what we were going at. They don't need to necessarily actually catch anything. Just let them fish or hunt for bugs, and let us talk to them while they're doing it. It adds a nice charm to the game in my opinion.

Well, yeah, that's what we were going at. They don't need to necessarily actually catch anything. Just let them fish or hunt for bugs, and let us talk to them while they're doing it. It adds a nice charm to the game in my opinion.
But with bugs, its the same as just wandering around with a net.

Well, that one bug catching animation that was shown an E3 or so ago. They could be doing that near a bug.

But with bugs, its the same as just wandering around with a net.

LOL I never thought people would even think about my "idea."

It does seem weird, but it won't be a "waste of pixels." I'd understand why you think that, but if an AC3DS ice cream cone isn't such a waste, why should a simple animal movement?

LOL I never thought people would even think about my "idea."

It does seem weird, but it won't be a "waste of pixels." I'd understand why you think that, but if an AC3DS ice cream cone isn't such a waste, why should a simple animal movement?
Well, animal movement isn't all that simple. Sure they have set paths programmed, but added interactions on top of other interactions starts to get a bit more complicated.

Well, animal movement isn't all that simple. Sure they have set paths programmed, but added interactions on top of other interactions starts to get a bit more complicated.

With the five billion years that they have had to develop this game due to all of the random Mario games they had to release first, I'm sure they could handle it.

Would you care to tell me why you think so? Just spouting out that isn't very helpful.

I already explained in my previous post.
It's just so stupid and pointless like I'd much rather they use the time to add more features, rather than wasting it on that

You make a good point with fishing, but bug catching I still say no too. as long as the villagers jsut cast their lines into a fishless area and keep it there for a while, then it's fine, it adds charm(just as long as you can have normal conversations with them while they do this)
This is exactly what i meant! if they actually catch something wouldnt be a good idea :)

The 3DS cartridges can fit way more on them than what is already in the game. They aren't limitless, but adding a feature like what was mentioned could be done easily. If you have the models already fleshed out and done, it's as simple as designing the animation you want them to do. Could take probably a day or two to make an animation like that.

But I doubt it'll happen. They focused on what the player will be able to do more than what the NPC characters will be doing.

The 3DS cartridges can fit way more on them than what is already in the game. They aren't limitless, but adding a feature like what was mentioned could be done easily. If you have the models already fleshed out and done, it's as simple as designing the animation you want them to do. Could take probably a day or two to make an animation like that.

But I doubt it'll happen. They focused on what the player will be able to do more than what the NPC characters will be doing.
And plus, most of them hardly take up space on the card. Only 1k-2k down.

Pretty much this. The 3DS game cartridges can hold up to 8 gigabytes of data if needed. For comparision, even the monster game that is Resident Evil Revelations uses only 3 gigabytes. And Kid Icarus still sits at a cool 1 and a half gigabytes. Cartridge size is no concern at all.

By the way, the original Animal Crossing on the Gamecube was 26 megabytes. City Folk sits at 330 megabytes.

Pretty much this. The 3DS game cartridges can hold up to 8 gigabytes of data if needed. For comparision, even the monster game that is Resident Evil Revelations uses only 3 gigabytes. And Kid Icarus still sits at a cool 1 and a half gigabytes. Cartridge size is no concern at all.

By the way, the original Animal Crossing on the Gamecube was 26 megabytes. City Folk sits at 330 megabytes.
Well, it's still a limit. Wasn't aware there was 8GB of available data, though. o:

new pig villager. looks snooty.

tumblr_mb0xlx09M51rdtx33o1_400.png

Back