• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

I'm not sure if people mentioned this, but I noticed something in the Nintendo Direct video!

2r3kq4z.jpg

You can see a picture in the right corner at the table, I think this is from Katie the lost kitten, but maybe did the friendship pictures return! I really hope this means that those pictures are back, I loved them, it was such a motivation to talk to the villagers.

Oh I missed that! Would love to see the photos return. Great memories. I like the look of that little laptop on the table, too. Maybe it offers an interaction? I always liked the journal idea in the original Animal Crossing. For those who may not have played it, you could buy a little journal from Tom Nook and you could write down anything you wanted. You could place it on any surface in your home and begin writing.

Last edited:
I hope theres free DLC. Then even if they dont put photos in, they can put them on the eShop

A while back Nintendo did mention that they were moving on into priced DLC for 3DS games. Though I doubt they would bring AC into that mess. If anything, the DLC will be just like the DLC they currently have for ACCF.

I only ever really used the journal just to remind myself of upcoming events, but the notice board usually does that anyway, so if they come back, great, if not, it's really no big deal, you can also write letters to your future self which is like the notepad, and to me more effective.

I only ever really used the journal just to remind myself of upcoming events, but the notice board usually does that anyway, so if they come back, great, if not, it's really no big deal, you can also write letters to your future self which is like the notepad, and to me more effective.
It's no big deal, sure...but I've always thought of it as one of those little things that makes the game even better. It's like a lot of features in the Animal Crossing series. Some people like them, some couldn't care less about them because they don't use them or just don't like them. For example, spinning umbrellas, holding a balloon, pitfalls, etc.

It's no big deal, sure...but I've always thought of it as one of those little things that makes the game even better. It's like a lot of features in the Animal Crossing series. Some people like them, some couldn't care less about them because they don't use them or just don't like them. For example, spinning umbrellas, holding a balloon, pitfalls, etc.
haha, when I found out about spinning the umbrellas during the first time I held one in the rain, I was so happy lol.
I just think the letters to your future self sorta replaced the whole notepad thing because the letters would appear at your door, you'd be able to read them then and there without having to remember to check your notepad, for me it's easier, I personally never used both though and not bothered if any of them return, which I am sure one will.

I just really want the hand fans.

haha, when I found out about spinning the umbrellas during the first time I held one in the rain, I was so happy lol.
I just think the letters to your future self sorta replaced the whole notepad thing because the letters would appear at your door, you'd be able to read them then and there without having to remember to check your notepad, for me it's easier, I personally never used both though and not bothered if any of them return, which I am sure one will.

I just really want the hand fans.

Haha, me too. :) I just think the journal and the letters have two different purposes. The journal just serves as constant memories, stories you just want to record as they happen, or to jot down reminders and dates as you said. A letter to your future self is kind of like a one-shot time capsule.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that it's an accessory part of Able's. One door goes to the clothes section, one goes to the accessories section.

Actually, if you look carefully there's a barbers' pole thingy on the wall, so I'd say it's Harriet's.

A while back Nintendo did mention that they were moving on into priced DLC for 3DS games. Though I doubt they would bring AC into that mess. If anything, the DLC will be just like the DLC they currently have for ACCF.
I've heard from somewhere on Neoseeker that paid DLC is not going to be used! :D

Say, on the subject of things you find while swimming, does this look like a sea-urchin type creature to anyone? The whole time that it's on screen during the nintendo direct it kinda just stays still looking spiky..

View attachment 1669

Also, question: how do you post an image so that you don't have to click on it to enlarge?

I already posted that so yeah

HTML:
[img]image url here[/img]

but i think you need to be a member of the forums for a certain amount of days, or have x amount of posts before you can do that, idk

I already posted that so yeah

HTML:
[img]image url here[/img]

but i think you need to be a member of the forums for a certain amount of days, or have x amount of posts before you can do that, idk

Ok thanks. I should have checked back further before posting XD

Back