• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

Do you think there will be more than one island like the concept art showed?

I hope so. The Box art for the game shows more than 1 island so there's a good chance that there are.

<edit> Looking back, that could be part of the same island.

Mmm, Famitsu has a lot of nice screens gathered. I like that the town tree shows up on the map. :3 Reminds me of the well.

I was clicking around in the other screenshots and the island layout works for me, too. Nice and simple <3

What map, are you talking about the old concept map, or like the regular map that you can pull up in game to see where everything is in your town.

Along with those Famitsu scans, something I thought of.
I wonder if Shoe Shank and R. Parkers will get different names in the US.
(They're both word puns. Shank = Kick's Japanese name, and R. Parker sounds like saying "Alpaca" if you're speaking with Japanese dialect.)

I could see Shoe Shank being something like Sweet Kicks or something. R. Parker being L Packer's or something silly.

So it looks like human residents will have their own home like in CF, as appose to all in one house.

Not sure if this was mentioned, but the smoke coming from the chimney will have different shapes :D And it's confirmed we can take pics in game, hurray!

So it looks like human residents will have their own home like in CF, as appose to all in one house.

Not sure if this was mentioned, but the smoke coming from the chimney will have different shapes :D And it's confirmed we can take pics in game, hurray!
Oh, yeah I've been meaning the mention the smoke shape things.
I am so glad each character gets their own house.

And also, the river isn't flowing from the top of town which is so odd.

I cannot see any ponds! Do you think what I think?

Well... I liked the ponds, because they had some different fish.
I remember that there still were ponds or something like a small lake nearby the museum in the mall area. But I'm not sure if there were any ponds in previous trailers.

But well, it is not confirmed, so maybe you have to add ponds via community projects or there are some on the other side of the map... or they vanished completely.

There are ponds and there were ponds in the town in previous Nintendo Directs. I'm not sure how you don't see them...

I've never said that I did not see any ponds, I just said that I don't remember seeing them.

Just like, if someone asked me if it rained in any of the trailers, I would not be able to answer that as well. Because I didn't pay any attention on the weather, there was much more important stuff to look at.
:)

I just browsed trough the screenshots and looked at the map and realised that I couldn't find any pond.

Well I read your post as thinking the ponds were gone, when they aren't.

I don't think the ponds will be community projects, that's just not right especially since you'd have to bring fish into the ponds to populate them, which is just silly.

I don't see the point in bringing fish into the ponds? That would be really silly, I agree to you.

But I think this is rather realistic:
Shizue asks you, like, if you want to have a pond in your town & then you look for the right place and the other day you can find an average pond there. With fish in it, right from the start... I don't think that this is silly or unlikely.

For me, it seems rather unlikely that on the one map shown on the last page, there is not a single pond while in my other towns there were a lot. So I wondered if you have to place them yourself.

I don't see the point in bringing fish into the ponds? That would be really silly, I agree to you.

But I think this is rather realistic:
Shizue asks you, like, if you want to have a pond in your town & then you look for the right place and the other day you can find an average pond there. With fish in it, right from the start... I don't think that this is silly or unlikely.

For me, it seems rather unlikely that on the one map shown on the last page, there is not a single pond while in my other towns there were a lot. So I wondered if you have to place them yourself.
There are two ponds shown on the map, maybe you should pay more attention to little details.

Fish don't just migrate to a pond out of the blue, especially a mad-made one like what would happen in AC for a community project, you have to bring fish to the ponds.
acr.png

Back