• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

ACNH Pet Peeves and Petty Complaints Thread

Why is it everytime I go visit a home in Happy Home Paradise and then when I say "I want to go back" it puts me back in Lottie's Office instead of the dock where Niko is usually at? That is really annoying!

Last edited:
It is a shame that players cannot change their name. I myself have never been an a situation where I wanted to change my name, but I have a close online friend who is stuck with his deadname. 😔

It is a shame that players cannot change their name. I myself have never been an a situation where I wanted to change my name, but I have a close online friend who is stuck with his deadname. 😔
I really wanted to change my name on my 2nd island to "Axel" but I can't do it. Ugh....I might have to do another restart, but I have to tell myself "Just transfer to the main island and then back to the new island so you can keep all your stuff" I plan on doing it soon. I wish I didn't have to do this everytime but its how this game is so restricted on what you can and cannot do.

this game is so restricted on what you can and cannot do.
Very true. I wish some of these restrictions were removed in the 2.0 updates. Some restrictions are necessary, but some are just ridiculous.

I heard you could actually change your name in Pocket Camp, so I don’t know why they would just remove it for new horizons.

Why is the char a 'size 3' fish? It's clearly big enough to be a 'size 4' fish.
Not my image, by the way.
1646519518583.png

That there's no bulk buying of items, as I'm sure it'll save my and everyone's time from wanting to buy a good number of items of our choosing. Not to mention I wish we can input a new dodo code if we happen to input a wrong dodo code instead of having to talk to the airport guy again just to go to someone's island.

For some reason, I couldn't move Vic's house this morning. At first I thought, maybe it is because he is sick, but when I found him this evening, he was fine. ._.

Urghhh this is petty since it's my fault every time, but I keep forgetting to check who my campsite villager is until I boot the game up the next day and remember. Of course by then it's too late to time travel back since they won't be there. I really wish campsite visitors weren't so uncommon because that's the reason I always forget to check. I'm so used to that thing just being a useless decoration.

It's happened several times and I'm scared that I've missed dream villagers since I know they cycle 😢

Still not able to move Vic's house .----.

Sure, he's asleep, but that cannot be the issue, since I can move everyone else even though some of them are asleep.

Yesterday, I figured he was sick, but I saw him alive and well later that day.

While we are on the subject of moving plots, I wish you could move empty plots.

When you invite villagers to the resort from your island, why don't they never mention how they are loving their vacation home on your island? I swear its like these villagers are like clones of each other.

I really wish that Nook’s Cranny could expand more like in New Leaf. And i know that it’s petty to ask for more customization because we get so much in this game, but I wish we could customize the outside of our shops and town square to fit more with our town theme. Like if I could change the color of the town square tiles from that bright orange-brown to grey instead.

Last edited:
When you invite villagers to the resort from your island, why don't they never mention how they are loving their vacation home on your island? I swear its like these villagers are like clones of each other.
It kinds of freaks me out going to HHP and seeing villagers that live on my island and also have homes in HHP randomly wandering around HHP because it feels like they are following me like you live back home and I go to HHP and there you are??? How did you get to the resort so fast? And why are you here? 🧐

It kinds of freaks me out going to HHP and seeing villagers that live on my island and also have homes in HHP randomly wandering around HHP because it feels like they are following me like you live back home and I go to HHP and there you are??? How did you get to the resort so fast? And why are you here? 🧐
Its a mystery to me thats for sure. Even when they move out on your island they are still at the Resort which is odd because if you try to visit their Vacation home while they are packing to move out on your island it says "They are busy" thats very weird to me.

* I hate how villagers that moved out from towns we visited can move to our island without us talking to them first

* I hate how you cannot move villager houses when they are moving in. It may seem silly to relocate a villager's house while they are in boxes, but to me, it's just another silly restriction.

Still annoyed that there's no way to easily locate villagers. It can get tedious having to explore the museum every single time I am looking for a specific villager.

I know I can just restart the game, but often times, the same villager is still missing.

Still annoyed that there's no way to easily locate villagers. It can get tedious having to explore the museum every single time I am looking for a specific villager.

I know I can just restart the game, but often times, the same villager is still missing.
Yea I find it annoying as well. It sometimes takes forever to find them. Nook can call a villager to discuss their house why can’t I call them to find out where they are.

I wish there was some villager tracker thing, like a NookPhone app or something ;-;

Back