• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

ACNH Pet Peeves and Petty Complaints Thread

Or better let have like a call app on the nookphone to call them, because its LITERALLY a phone.
You’d think calling would be a thing considering we had something similar in Pocket Camp, which is only a mobile app. How can something so simple be implemented on a mobile app but forgotten about on a mainline game? I was legitimately surprised when it wasn’t a thing on New Horizons.

Or better let have like a call app on the nookphone to call them, because its LITERALLY a phone.
You know those megaphone thingies they were selling as a seasonal item for like the big game event or something? I remember buying them and being so excited because I thought I could use them to call villagers like I press "A" and a menu pops up "Who would you like to call?" and it gives you a list of all your villagers you can call over. I thought in a different game you could use a megaphone to call villagers?

I’m annoyed that you can only order 5 items a day on nook shopping. It used to be 10 in the last game! I usually order in pairs so it bothers me that it’s an odd number haha
It should be unlimited

That’s true ^^;;

Well most people prefer an even number, so I’d say maybe 20 or 30. ^^
Back when I still had my old island in 2020 my mailbox was flooded with my villagers sending me letters about themselves, checking up on me, and of course the most annoying one sending me the same gifts that turn out to be clothing and furniture that I already have.

Back when I still had my old island in 2020 my mailbox was flooded with my villagers sending me letters about themselves, checking up on me, and of course the most annoying one sending me the same gifts that turn out to be clothing and furniture that I already have.
I know it’s just once a week, but something else I feel overwhelmed by is the happy home academy letters. I wish you can opt out of them, or at least only get them when a milestone is reached.

I know it’s just once a week, but something else I feel overwhelmed by is the happy home academy letters. I wish you can opt out of them, or at least only get them when a milestone is reached.
Thats the thing that kept me coming back to this game. Its everytime I have to clean my mailbox filled with all the villager letters that I mentioned and yes of course the Happy Home Academy Letters. Also and maybe this is a me problem but I don't like it when villagers act like you disappeared. Like I took a 2 month break back in 2021 and my villagers freaked out like if I was a ghost and then they guilt trip me because they want to talk to me. Like I understand them missing me but I really didn't need that treatment and I already heard all of the same conversations. This was before I deleted the island because it was at that point that I needed a fresh start. It was really getting repetitive.

It should be unlimited
Back in the GameCube version it actually was, to an extent anyway. Each item you ordered from the catalog would fill a letter slot on the back counter of the post office, which could hold a maximum of 5 letters. Once the counter was full you couldn't order anything else, but if you just saved and quit then immediately loaded your game back up, all of the mail would be sent and you'd have your items, which would allow you to start placing orders again. Or, you could order enough items to fill the counter to 4 and then send a letter, as filling the counter with a letter directly at the post office would also force mail to be sent, allowing you to start ordering again. I used these tricks all the time when doing trades on that game.

That all being said, I'd have been happy even with just 10 per day in NH, which is what every other game in the series beyond the GameCube allowed for. They did have a limit of 5 items between mail deliveries, but deliveries were also made twice a day (once at 6am and again at 5pm). It seems baffling to me that a game with such a large focus on decorating and customizing would also have the smallest limit on catalogue ordering in the series. 5 a day is just way too low.

Oh man that would save me so much time. I mean seriously why does this game force you to do things ONE.AT.A.TIME?! 😠
I mean, there are some letters I save, like the letters from my favorite villagers. I just wish I could delete all of those nonsense letters by bulk. I recall you being able to delete multiple letters at a time in previous games. I’m not sure why it was removed.

I mean, there are some letters I save, like the letters from my favorite villagers. I just wish I could delete all of those nonsense letters by bulk. I recall you being able to delete multiple letters at a time in previous games. I’m not sure why it was removed.
And there was that time where you can bulk drop things on the ground back in the Gamecube version. To answer your question I think Nintendo did this because they think in their minds if they just let us do things one a time it will slow down the game process, but after a while it gets annoying. I don't know what they were thinking but this idea of doing things "One at a time" is poor game design in my opinion.

Oh man that would save me so much time. I mean seriously why does this game force you to do things ONE.AT.A.TIME?! 😠
Bulk feels like an illegal concept for this game, lol
Post automatically merged:

And there was that time where you can bulk drop things on the ground back in the Gamecube version. To answer your question I think Nintendo did this because they think in their minds if they just let us do things one a time it will slow down the game process, but after a while it gets annoying. I don't know what they were thinking but this idea of doing things "One at a time" is poor game design in my opinion.
They’re thinking the wrong way, it’s not gonna make people play longer, it’s just gonna discourage people from playing.

I have wondered before if the "slowness" of this game actually encourages relaxation and patience, or if it really does the opposite? I know in my case all the limitations, repetitions and nerfs just make me feel irritated which is why I hang out in the rant threads a lot 😅

I don't know if my game is a little bugged or what.
But Claude has been calling me by the nickname 'Maestro' for TWO YEARS! TWO REAL-LIFE YEARS!

Everyone else will call me other things except for him for some reason.

FNcrHoaUYAEYaML.jpeg

I answer him every time he pings at me, so why?!?

For some reason, the fossils on my island seem to spawn at the weirdest places. It's always by my fruit trees or rocks, at the Able's, or at the corner of the map. Why can't they spawn in a more open area where I can see them better??

I would like Blathers to stop making me press two of his dialogue buttons to donate fossils. I want to be able to have him assess fossils and then donate them without him being like "Oh I hope you'll donate this new fossil".

Back