• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia Among Us Mafia Game Thread (Town Win!)

Well, again, keep in mind that we're all still here and playing the blame game on each other until something happens. Zinnia's post that I referred to didn't feel town-like in my opinion. If you really think about it, they might be trying to make the other users feel at ease that mafia is either AFK or acting incredibly quiet which could very easily be a lie they're trying to cover up. You officially voted for Zinnia, and I support your decision as I saw both that and post #50 to be suspicious myself.

As for Mog, most of their replies simply have me feeling uneasy. Others seem to agree with that.

I also feel very confident that Jacob is town, and despite Frosty doubting my responses, I believe she is town as well, and has done a good job lately of defending her stance. Zinnia may have only made a couple highly questionable posts, but that might be enough to get them thrown out of the ship.

BoldedPart: ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Reply to me: Srry but this web your spinning isn't really working for me. Why didn't you call it out right away if you didn't like it?

Maybe they're letting us ordinary spacepeople argue over and over, them talking amongst themselves to see who's the chattiest.

Why was THIS your reply if you were suspicious. What does this even mean? Like literally all you've done this game was sheep posts, all your reads were just 'yeah I agree with this', 'maybe this is right'? I think the only unique take you've had was the weh thing and you thinking I'm deepwolfing without providing any evidence as to why. So I'm gonna be upfront, which of my posts didn't you agree with and why? And if you tell me it's because of Zinnia's post where the plot twist is I'm actually maf I'm calling BS. Like my bud, you aren't my main poe today but I'm not just calling town noob and forgetting you exist.

And to all of you who think TN4U is just a noob town and I'm tilting at windmills, please consider this down the line. Especially people who were present for kingmaker because this sheeping is giving me gross amounts of deja vu to Ribbit's coasting until the fake claim. I don't want to bring meta/other games into this but I'm uncomfortable about a specific person here so...and hey, despite people disagreeing with it, my Zinnia vote let me cook some nice and spicy chili, and since it came out so well, I'm just gonna hop onto my next question mark. Trundle please stop ignoring my questions and talk to me.
Post automatically merged:

*noob town

do you have a particular reason for these reads or are you just omgussing us

i was mostly joking but i can talk about trundle

this reads genuine to me. i don’t think a mafia trundle would bother mentioning this again + defending his reason like this.

i find it hard to read the last line here as fake

just a genuine strong towncore coming from him
When you say mafia Trundle, are you implying you don't think a maf in general would say this, or specifically Trundle as mafia? If the latter have you played with Trundle before?

If the former why not? Seems like a decent enough play for a maf to find a currently irrelevant null player to frame, especially if they know for a fact the current player up for discussion is town.

Last edited:
BoldedPart: ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Reply to me: Srry but this web your spinning isn't really working for me. Why didn't you call it out right away if you didn't like it?

Why was THIS your reply if you were suspicious. What does this even mean? Like literally all you've done this game was sheep posts, all your reads were just 'yeah I agree with this', 'maybe this is right'? I think the only unique take you've had was the weh thing and you thinking I'm deepwolfing without providing any evidence as to why. So I'm gonna be upfront, which of my posts didn't you agree with and why? And if you tell me it's because of Zinnia's post where the plot twist is I'm actually maf I'm calling BS. Like my bud, you aren't my main poe today but I'm not just calling town noob and forgetting you exist.

And to all of you who think TN4U is just a noob town and I'm tilting at windmills, please consider this down the line. Especially people who were present for kingmaker because this sheeping is giving me gross amounts of deja vu to Ribbit's coasting until the fake claim. I don't want to bring meta/other games into this but I'm uncomfortable about a specific person here so...and hey, despite people disagreeing with it, my Zinnia vote let me cook some nice and spicy chili, and since it came out so well, I'm just gonna hop onto my next question mark. Trundle please stop ignoring my questions and talk to me.

*noob town

When you say mafia Trundle, are you implying you don't think a maf in general would say this, or specifically Trundle as mafia? If the latter have you played with Trundle before?

If the former why not? Seems like a decent enough play for a maf to find a currently irrelevant null player to frame, especially if they know for a fact the current player up for discussion is town.
I'm having a bit of trouble following your tn4u case, but your whole attitude seems to come from town to me so i want to untangle it. is it all because tn4u has been mostly sheeping other posts? i dont think it's inherently bad since they are new, but i feel like im missing something

also im with you that the reasonings gave by ribbit for TRing trundle aren't rly sound, but i left at "agree to disagree". do you think theres any agenda to this tr?

kinda sad that there isnt much new content from mog

Last edited:
yoshi gave me the opposite vibes. i can see that being the nerves of first time wolf. but i dont think it's enough to be certain
To me an anxious first time wolf would likely make the opposite mistake and not use ''we''. I mean my townread on him is pretty filmsy but its only been about like 6 hours so. I just felt like in general he seemed lost and was looking to town for guidance, I mean a first time mafia could do that too I guess but they have a mafia chat. He just felt like he's hesitant in his own beliefs which is why he was okay with a no elimination or following what town's consensus is.
I thought the same thing when I read it but for some reason I'm not 100% convinced yet. But it is a soft lean for me too.

If I had to guess the mafia right now I would guess mog, 2 afks, and maybe a wildcard but maybe a third afk

I don't have any real reasoning for mog yet other than over-eagerness to post, I feel really bad though because I know mog is gonna wake up tomorrow and cry because I'm bullying her for no real good reason
I see later on in the thread you threw out mog's name as a test, tbh I thought you were testing too but I thought it was the other way around and 3 afks was your test. Well in the first place I'm not sure who you considered AFK at that point in the game or you mean in general. Also out of everyone who was posting at the beginning of the game, I wouldn't consider mog one of the eager ones.

To me, its TN4U, Volt, and Dolby who were eager to post lol. I felt like they were posting on every page. Though I know you said you townread TN4U
only 8/17 other players had posted at the time and I hadn't noticed anything suspicious or unreasonable from them yet. innocent until proven guilty, right?

as of now I'm thinking that mog's likely mafia. i'm eager to see what else she has to say, though. I'm still tentative on annika, ribbitribbon and volt but am leaning towards town on volt. I think ~1-2 people who are inactive are wolves as well. Everyone else seems to be town.
I saw ribbit call out the first part of this quote as anti-townie. I mean their "what if mafia are the inactives" comment wasn't a good idea but this is their first game. I guess I shouldn't be extending too much grace to people because its their first game but if a more experienced player had said that, yes, that is anti-town. Their innocent until proven guilty comment made me giggle though because this is mafia.

I see why ribbit thinks it seems forced though, and this isn't really logical, but im going off of vibes and typing style and think its something a town zinnia would say. But honestly I feel like theres mafia jumping in on the Zinnia wagon. Zinnia feels like an easy target right now and no one townreads them I think. So I am just hesitant to back a Zinnia elimination at the moment.

As for my current reads....
Yoshi/Zinnia - newbie town
Frosty - probably town? idk lol i just think they look better in this spat with TN4U. Also a mafia frosty, in my opinion, would have no reason to suddenly challenge (a hypothetical town!TN4U) someone townreading them. Since its the beginning of the game imo maf!Frosty would've benefitted off a town!TN4U backing them, and challenging them mightve deterred TN4U from siding with them in the future.

if theyre both mafia and manufactured this disagreement then :cautious:

I get town vibes from volt because I do think they seem similar to their behavior in the kingmaker game, and that theyre trying to be active in the thread and have a productive day 1.

Jacob left the thread pretty early coz hes european i assume so I don't have strong thoughts about him but he and Annika I am leaning more towards town.

Sus

TN4U - I initially agreed with Trundle that they seemed like noob town, but tbh in their recent conversation with Frosty I do find myself agreeing with Frosty more so... I mean a noob town could also be careless and contradict themselves, but to me a noob mafia just blindly agreeing with whatever town is thinking of at the moment to be safe is also probable. That is why they didn't realize their contradiction in reads, because they don't seriously believe in them in the first place.

Trundle (conditional) - if TN4U flips red then I am sideyeeing trundle more. I felt like he was the first to townread TN4U and if they were together it would be a good move to at least throw his name out there as obvious town. Otherwise I didn't really like his reasoning for mog, I still don't see how mog was over eager to post.

idk who the other mafia would be im just kinda null on everyone else.

Most of the post above are mostly my thoughts before I went to work (so like 9AM PST). I wanted to have more time but I am likely working overtime now so...I wanted to get a post out there with some of my thoughts at least because I don't know if I can later tonight.

@Zinnia. did you have a reason to like my post?

To me an anxious first time wolf would likely make the opposite mistake and not use ''we''. I mean my townread on him is pretty filmsy but its only been about like 6 hours so. I just felt like in general he seemed lost and was looking to town for guidance, I mean a first time mafia could do that too I guess but they have a mafia chat. He just felt like he's hesitant in his own beliefs which is why he was okay with a no elimination or following what town's consensus is.
hmm its just that acting like a complete noob is commonly a tactic that veteran players instruct new players to do. and he came to the thread being concerned abt the chop, what isn't something you worry as much as town methinks

I see later on in the thread you threw out mog's name as a test, tbh I thought you were testing too but I thought it was the other way around and 3 afks was your test. Well in the first place I'm not sure who you considered AFK at that point in the game or you mean in general. Also out of everyone who was posting at the beginning of the game, I wouldn't consider mog one of the eager ones.

To me, its TN4U, Volt, and Dolby who were eager to post lol. I felt like they were posting on every page. Though I know you said you townread TN4
iirc he still holds his sus on mog and afks, so his test wasnt solving either mog or his nulls - yet he only dropped the act after questioned

I see why ribbit thinks it seems forced though, and this isn't really logical, but im going off of vibes and typing style and think its something a town zinnia would say. But honestly I feel like theres mafia jumping in on the Zinnia wagon. Zinnia feels like an easy target right now and no one townreads them I think. So I am just hesitant to back a Zinnia elimination at the moment.
weird point. you don't know zinnia meta

i am saying a mafia in general. and you’re right, it would be mafia like to frame a random null player, but my point is he has been insisting he started the wagon for reads and not as a confident wolfread. i don’t think a mafia would defend that this play was a good one or even say that the read was rxn instead of just sticking to it.

To me, its TN4U, Volt, and Dolby who were eager to post lol. I felt like they were posting on every page. Though I know you said you townread TN4U

I saw ribbit call out the first part of this quote as anti-townie. I mean their "what if mafia are the inactives" comment wasn't a good idea but this is their first game. I guess I shouldn't be extending too much grace to people because its their first game but if a more experienced player had said that, yes, that is anti-town. Their innocent until proven guilty comment made me giggle though because this is mafia.

i would love to talk about volt with you as i feel the most conflicted on them

also i think no eject is best here despite my fosses. it’s early into the game and we can afford one. tracker in particular will be a very useful report to have before lynching anyone. i am willing to give zinnia and mog benefit of doubt as its early into the game.
im only vanilla town

possible town: jacob , dolby , trundle
possible mean ppl: ribbit , tnn4u
i like mog’s usage of vanilla town here but i am still suspicious that out of all the people she chose to fos she chose me and tn4u, the people who pushed on her the hardest. i would like a better explanation from her when she comes back on

Last edited:
I'm having a bit of trouble following your tn4u case, but your whole attitude seems to come from town to me so i want to untangle it. is it all because tn4u has been mostly sheeping other posts? i dont think it's inherently bad since they are new, but i feel like im missing something

also im with you that the reasonings gave by ribbit for TRing trundle aren't rly sound, but i left at "agree to disagree". do you think theres any agenda to this tr?

kinda sad that there isnt much new content from mog

The TL;DR of it is TN4U was the only person so far to give me a maf lean so I could actually look at his posts objectively to see if he had a genuine reason behind it or if this is some wishywashy set up. The answer was I literally saw no real content period.

what if that's the big twist though-

I do believe Frosty is a townie, though it took me some convincing. I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to what she's had to say thus far, but at this pace, she may accidentally spew out a moment where it can be hinted she's a woof. I've got that feeling still.

He threw #50 in my face like 2 times now and I'm starting to think his whole post about waiting for me to slip was literally conceived from Zinnia joking that I was maf. Prior to this post, he said nothing about sussing me. And literally all his posts talking about anyone were agreeing to the post they quoted. I thought my posts were clear that I was asking for WHY he found me suspicious but he's been skirting around actually answering me.🤷‍♀️

It's not that I think he's 100% mafia, I just refuse to agree with anyone spouting noob town because I'm failing to see the town. A new player has an equal chance of rolling mafia, and being new is such an easy maf strat to hide behind, especially if other players are the one suggesting it. From what I saw, TN4U is 90% sheeping, 9% saying random things (but to be fair these were more just early game fluff), and 1% original content (weh thing, suggesting he thought I was maf, and this one post which also seems like a thin argument tbh)

Well, looking at #88, it sort of tells me that Mog would want to eliminate Jacob very quickly. It's not incredibly obvious, but it sort of raises a red flag.

I just don't agree that he's solving. Weather it's because he is noob town orplaying it safe maf. It's still too early for me to tunnel.

Say the word if you want me to make a wall compiling his posts beyond this but I again, am not looking to campaign a TN4U vote atm.

Re Ribbit agenda. Possibly. I'm mulling about something but don't want to elaborate on yet. I'd ask you to read back on posts and see if you saw what I saw relating to gamestate but IDK if this is too vague for you to know where I'm looking. 😅 I think it's more me being ultra paranoid and nitpicking at the smallest thing but this is mafia and I will overturn every stone.

Welcome back Mayor Betsy.

As for my current reads....
Yoshi/Zinnia - newbie town
Frosty - probably town? idk lol i just think they look better in this spat with TN4U. Also a mafia frosty, in my opinion, would have no reason to suddenly challenge (a hypothetical town!TN4U) someone townreading them. Since its the beginning of the game imo maf!Frosty would've benefitted off a town!TN4U backing them, and challenging them mightve deterred TN4U from siding with them in the future.

Please continue this train of thought of mild suspicion of me. Being universally townread is giving me such lackluster info. 😔
Though In general I am liking your train of thought.

Uh, liking your entire post, not just the part about leaving me as 'town?'

Re Ribbit agenda. Possibly. I'm mulling about something but don't want to elaborate on yet. I'd ask you to read back on posts and see if you saw what I saw relating to gamestate but IDK if this is too vague for you to know where I'm looking. 😅 I think it's more me being ultra paranoid and nitpicking at the smallest thing but this is mafia and I will overturn every stone.
i went back and read a few trundle posts. is this one of his posts or someone else’s? i have time to kill to scrutinize with you.

i am saying a mafia in general. and you’re right, it would be mafia like to frame a random null player, but my point is he has been insisting he started the wagon for reads and not as a confident wolfread. i don’t think a mafia would defend that this play was a good one or even say that the read was rxn instead of just sticking to it.

I get your argument but I don't agree with it. A deep wolf would want to make claims that they're making moves that are best for town. Trundle was being questioned for setting up the Mog train of course he would defend his actions no matter the allignment. Do you really think a mafia would say 'oh you're right, this was a stupid play, let's talk about Zinnia more'.🤷‍♀️

i went back and read a few trundle posts. is this one of his posts or someone else’s? i have time to kill to scrutinize with you.
What post????

OH!!! You mean the post I'm thinking about. In all fairness you are nmot the person I would mindmeld about this but I'd be happy to talk about your Trundle read more.

I need to look back my memory sucks. Who was on your current red list Ribbit? Are you agreeing with Trundle about Mog?

NVM got my answer, looks like you are Mog and Zinnia unless something changed.

Last edited:
I get your argument but I don't agree with it. A deep wolf would want to make claims that they're making moves that are best for town. Trundle was being questioned for setting up the Mog train of course he would defend his actions no matter the allignment. Do you really think a mafia would say 'oh you're right, this was a stupid play, let's talk about Zinnia more'.🤷‍♀️

What post????

OH!!! You mean the post I'm thinking about. In all fairness you are nmot the person I would mindmeld about this but I'd be happy to talk about your Trundle read more.

I need to look back my memory sucks. Who was on your current red list Ribbit? Are you agreeing with Trundle about Mog?
np my reads are mog/zinni for maf and tn4u/trundle for town. at least those were my reads but you’re making me question both. if i had to replace one maybe i’d townlean dolby over trundle. i went back and forth with him and it didn’t feel wolfy.

my point about trundle is that he claimed it was rxn instead of just saying it was a read. but you’re right honestly, anyone can pull that out as a fall back. i’ll null him for now.

What is rxn?

But also please don't change all your reads because of me without reading back and coming to your own conclusion. I'm just being damn loud and calling out everything because if I'm gonna be universally town read I'm probably getting shot tonight. and I want to leave behind some sort of legacy for day 2. 🫡

Why why why 😥
I wolfread you the entire last game because you were so wolfy. But tada! You were town. You confuse me.

i miss being king already

👑
Here ya go. Who do you chop?

k i have skimmed now (sorry super long posters i mostly skipped over your content 🫡)

based on pure vibes alone i find zinnia and mogyay suspicious. tn4u and frosty feel towny. i don’t agree with the universal volt town read yet, we’ll see.

Skipped over?! My wall-writing heart is 💔

I'm also open for Q and As i don't have the mental capacity to do a full readback rn

I will do full iso if time. Will have questions for you. Just questions. No items! 😅

Let it be me, I'm not liking that I'm on everyone's TR.
I'm pretty good at tunneling town. I can tunnel you.
Fr- sucks to be top town read, because if you're alive d2 and then d3, the questions roll in.

if theyre both mafia and manufactured this disagreement then :cautious:

Hate when this happens, but usually it's pretty obvious. I think if one of TN4U or Frosty is maf, the other one might be town. But just skimmed, so will check into their interactions when iso.

hmm its just that acting like a complete noob is commonly a tactic that veteran players instruct new players to do.

I did it in my first game. Worked like a charm. So nobody gets noobie town points from me.

and he came to the thread being concerned abt the chop, what isn't something you worry as much as town methinks

Yes. I missed that.

also i think no eject is best here despite my fosses. it’s early into the game and we can afford one. tracker in particular will be a very useful report to have before lynching anyone. i am willing to give zinnia and mog benefit of doubt as its early into the game.

I have never been a no elim d1 player, but I can see the arguments for it. Is there anyone you would be sus enough of to vote for d1?
Welcome back Mayor Betsy.

Ty! Mayor was the funnest game I ever lost.

Answers-

Yes, I have played among us.
Blue - meh, it's fine. I like green but blue is fine. Everything's fine. Blue is fine. 🙄

Pronouns, she/her/psycho
Time zone EDT (Est but with ******* dst)
Exp - meh I've played some games on tbt, that's about it.

Will do iso and come back with questions.
As of now - don't understand why people jumped on the mog wagon? Mogyay was feeling town at that point for me. Plan to look more at the TN4U/Frosty thing and some other stuff.

Reads list

Town (would give me an item d3)
FrostyAlmonds

Wolf(miser, hates beggars, won’t give a poor man an item)
BetsySundrop

I’ll be back in earnest in six hours

What is rxn?

But also please don't change all your reads because of me without reading back and coming to your own conclusion. I'm just being damn loud and calling out everything because if I'm gonna be universally town read I'm probably getting shot tonight. and I want to leave behind some sort of legacy for day 2. 🫡
rxn is an abbreviation for reaction like reaction testing. i use it all the time on another mafia site so i assumed everyone would know it lol. oops

also sure, you’re just bringing up points that make me question myself. but dw i’ll be the sharla to your reyn

@BetsySundrop How much were you following the game before subbing in?
Also since you hate blue. Wanna trade with me so I can use my amongus pfp? skjlfdbaksbdkabk 🥹

I'm pretty good at tunneling town. I can tunnel you.
Fr- sucks to be top town read, because if you're alive d2 and then d3, the questions roll in.

I await your wall of slander.

Reads list

FrostyAlmonds

BetsySundrop

I'll do you one better. Would you be willing to be the possible recipient of my tinfoil hat Day 1? I need to objectively reread you to see if my townlean is based on bias or not, but you are not apart of my tinfoil so if you are town I would trust you to look into my legacy.

Reads list

FrostyAlmonds

BetsySundrop

😅
Never! Traitors must suffer!

Also - I just realized today wasn't eod, so I'm gonna take my time going through. Maybe write some walls.

Iso on jacob-
lol im just very comfortable with reading annika

im like 99% confident shes a villager at this point

I see this as a throwback joke from kingmaker, but then -
her reaction in #64 honestly feels kinda weird cause it feels like the thing she does as wolf sometimes where her words assume an alignment (in this case me being wolf), when that doesn't coincide with where her thoughts as town would actually lie

It seemed like annika was maybe thinking it was a joke/ reference to the previous game? So I don't think it's weird?

I think with dolby the main reason I feel like he's a villager is he kinda naturally took on a position of 'leading the process', not just in his attempts to ease people into the game in #32, but also his scepticism in regards to people's reads (i.e. in #54, #60, #66
and #73). makes me feels like 1. he does want to solve and this level of scepticism not typically what one with the burden of TMI tends to gravitate towards doing, and 2. lends to the idea that his headspace is currently at wanting to be the leader, typically something villagers tend to do off the bat rather than wolves in my experience (though that 2nd point is quite dependent on dolby's personality ig)

Yeah I've seen maf (and wolf siding third party itemless beggars) lead the charge, so I don't think it's ai.
town nokilling day 1 heightens the likelihood that town will get less kills than they would have otherwise, subsequently handing more of the kill control to mafia, which obv isn't really a good thing

Agree.
Would like to see more from jacob4 -has only a few reads. Null/slight town.
(I'm mostly null on everyone unless something really stands out).

rxn is an abbreviation for reaction like reaction testing. i use it all the time on another mafia site so i assumed everyone would know it lol. oops

also sure, you’re just bringing up points that make me question myself. but dw i’ll be the sharla to your reyn
Oooh, got it. TY for the explanation.

And I appreicate you. I'd also like to ask, how do you feel about Volt now, I know you weren't willing to TR him yesterday, feeling the same?

Also - I just realized today wasn't eod, so I'm gonna take my time going through. Maybe write some walls.

I'm actually sobbing about this because I was going to make a note when I signed up that I wouldn't be here for SOD on Sunday...and last night had this horrible realization that tomorrow is EoD......................................................Pls don't hate me I will choose my mother over a game I'm gonna have to chase down my login so I can pop in for last minute remarks and voting on mobile. :x

Oooh, got it. TY for the explanation.

And I appreicate you. I'd also like to ask, how do you feel about Volt now, I know you weren't willing to TR him yesterday, feeling the same?
volt is such a weird case for me because i want to tr her from leading last game but some things have been popping up that make me feel weird. not a definite wolf read, but especially their interactions with my maf reads

iirc he questioned trundle testing mog out but not in a powerful way more like >that’s a good idea but also not a good idea. they’ve just been wishy washy which i don’t expect from them. also came to defend zinnia’s one line i think is very anti towny and i didn’t understand her reasoning for it.

@BetsySundrop How much were you following the game before subbing in?
Also since you hate blue. Wanna trade with me so I can use my amongus pfp? skjlfdbaksbdkabk 🥹
Read last night, some this am, but then was out for the day - had some catching up pages to read.
I await your wall of slander.
I will try! Going thru easy ones first tho. Maybe by the time i get to you, there'll be some responses from tn4u/others.

On mobile - typing is sloowwww

Back