Mafia Among Us Mafia Game Thread (Town Win!)

Yk Annika is super based for that post because it’s what I was thinking but a little deeper, it’s pretty weird how Ribbit is pushing on trundle for slipping and how Betsy is spinning that narrative on trundle as well, while still TRing Ribbit lmao.

Yk Annika is super based for that post because it’s what I was thinking but a little deeper, it’s pretty weird how Ribbit is pushing on trundle for slipping and how Betsy is spinning that narrative on trundle as well, while still TRing Ribbit lmao.
As much as I Mafia read you, you're right. That whole thing was pretty sus. I think the 4 Mafias are Trundle/Annika/Ribbit/you. Ribbit could be pushing Trundle to seem towny, and divert suspicions away from them to him. If Trundle flips red, Ribbit will be cemented townie in people's minds, and we won't think twice about not voting them. Annika's been examined in the past posts on these recent pages, and I gave my reasoning for my Mafia lean on you in my read list.

not sure if i follow the problem with tring ribbit

As much as I Mafia read you, you're right. That whole thing was pretty sus. I think the 4 Mafias are Trundle/Annika/Ribbit/you. Ribbit could be pushing Trundle to seem towny, and divert suspicions away from them to him. If Trundle flips red, Ribbit will be cemented townie in people's minds, and we won't think twice about not voting them. Annika's been examined in the past posts on these recent pages, and I gave my reasoning for my Mafia lean on you in my read list.
You gave a reason on me I don't really care about, but if you wanna waste your time wolfleaning me for posting my thoughts in the thread that's your business 🤷
not sure if i follow the problem with tring ribbit
It cancels out to TR Ribbit for reasons but wolflean Trundle for telling Ribbit that they're bussing him.

ness's problem with the Ribbit TR is the fact that Betsy is hard TRing them, despite the fact that Ribbit is tunnelvisioned onto getting rid of Trundle.
yeah but ribbit wolfreads trundle as well right?
Post automatically merged:

ohhhhh yeah bc the slip needs to be ribbit/trundle w/w i see sorry
ngl that slip is just meaningless

yeah but ribbit wolfreads trundle as well right?
Look at the receipts below; Ribbit directly called it a "slip." How can it be a slip when the context is that Ribbit was "bussing" Trundle, their supposed partner in this situation?
i would be willing to overlook this potential slip if not for your other two lines:

this is literally the book definition of cop awareness. dolby thought i was bad?

“I TOLD YOU SO”

this is so tmi
Sure they back it up as not being an inherent slip, but I see a world where that was said to try and cover their bases.

are you thinking in a ribbit/betsy team ness? or just betsy
I dunno it's hard to tell on the surface. We can deal in infinite hypotheticals but forming teams is difficult without flips. My gut is that its just one of them.

So... who should we vote? I'm down to go for Ribbit based on our collective evidence. What do you think, Ness?

i dont discard ribbit/trundle being w/w but just be aware that bussing is a common tactic and we wouldnt lock ribbit town for that
i dont think theres much reason to bus trundle so early when he has a lot of thread control, considering how he made unravel wagon happen. and when me and ribbit where talking abt reasoning for wolf!trundle to push unravel instead of zinnia, she had already the idea that trundle wanted towncred. so i dont think they are w/w

Ok, caught up on reading - for now.

If you’re going to call me a wolf there’s a more elegant way to do that, Susdrop.

Well help me out, then!
I think you're a bit wolfy.
Do you feel the same way about Ness as you do Jacob?

Meh, yeah. I'm trying not to tunnel, so open mind etc. But I think ness dismissal of trundle eod and saying that i pushed all three wagons eod (when i did the opposite and said i thought trundle was off), just stuff like that.

You seem so ruffled with me suggesting that you're suspicious.

Nope. Ruffled with some of your odd takes, but it doesn't bother me to be sussed. If I think it's coming from a genuine place, I'll do my best to clear it up. So sus away!

If it feels like it's coming from a wolfy push, I'll pay more attention to odd takes from that person, maybe look at iso a bit more. Meh.

Why would he slip that Ribbit was going to bus him when they literally can't unless they're teamed?

This is actually a good point! I had to read back, but yeah he said that to ribbit. So if one flips red, the other is not auto cleared. Could be team. But I really do think that trundle eod was maf as heck. I've seen maf eod that look just the same.

I don’t think that I mentioned you in that post? I didn’t like Betsyd posts on the page bc it’s like she’s literally searching for a reason to wolfread me

Yup. Searching for a reason to wolf read and town read everyone. I've given some town reasons for you. This was the first wolfish reason - literally no one. I mentioned your ribbit sus without your prompting. To frosty, when i tinfoiled that you could be using ribbit wagon to save a partner. And then again later when I was thinking of voting trundle, because ribbit was looking better atm, i even tagged and asked you of your ribbit view had changed and what you thought of trundle. Maybe you forgot. Just seemed weird comment to me.

If Trundle flips red, Ribbit will be cemented townie in people's minds, and we won't think twice about not voting them.

Uhm - I don't cement anyone in any category. I've made too many mistakes to ever do that, lol. And ness did have a good point that trundle's bus comment was response to ribbit.

I think trundle is more wolfy than ribbit atm. And ribbit calling trundle out is more towny than trundle eod. 🤷‍♀️

I dunno it's hard to tell on the surface. We can deal in infinite hypotheticals but forming teams is difficult without flips. My gut is that its just one of them.
yeah i just overall wanted to know if you think their push on trundle is coordinated. they do seem to mindmelt a lot but i wouldnt be so fast to call them a team

yeah i just overall wanted to know if you think their push on trundle is coordinated. they do seem to mindmelt a lot but i wouldnt be so fast to call them a team
Psh. I'm feeling so weirded out by ribbit being the only other one to have issues with trundle eod. Like, seriously?

I've seen maf do exactly that - ask for det check when they know they're safe. Call out a tmi on the person going down. Nobody can be that confident. The bus comment. Since it was to ribbit, sure, could be a team and ribbit could be bussing. But eod was pretty quick. And ribbit was calling it out in real time. Meh.

The thing is - I've never seen town do all of those things at eod. Only wolves. I'm trying to keep an open mind and open eyes. But trundle was already wolfy to me. The eod didn't help.

History is trying to be rewritten. Betsy explicitly said that they were planning on choosing between TN4U/Ribbit/Zinnia in post #472, and was wishy washy about the wagons in #607, implicated that they were "stuck between a few" but not mentioning which ones. Receipts here:
Ribbit, zinnia, tn4u could get my vote today.
Well, you're consistent. That's pretty town.

I'm stuck between a few. The positive for zinnia elim is it's a super questionable slot with little to nil activity. Ribbit being so active might save, but man this is a rough decision.

More activity eod is maybe a good thing? If it were super quiet, wouldn't it be a sign we were voting the wrong people?
It's one thing to say Trundle is suspicious, its another to argue that you were pushing for a Trundle wagon when you actually switched your vote 2 minutes before the phase ended.

Psh. I'm feeling so weirded out by ribbit being the only other one to have issues with trundle eod. Like, seriously?

I've seen maf do exactly that - ask for det check when they know they're safe. Call out a tmi on the person going down. Nobody can be that confident. The bus comment. Since it was to ribbit, sure, could be a team and ribbit could be bussing. But eod was pretty quick. And ribbit was calling it out in real time. Meh.

The thing is - I've never seen town do all of those things at eod. Only wolves. I'm trying to keep an open mind and open eyes. But trundle was already wolfy to me. The eod didn't help.
you think the wagons were v/v/v, since you think trundle is mafia, unravel should be town, you TR ribbit and zinnia is obv vt. then trundle endgame was just towncred? a blatantly one at that?
idk, trundle just seems more town the more i think abt it

Hi everyone! Sorry about the AFK my life the last few days has been unexpectedly insane.
I suppose the best question for that universe would be why Dinosaur would have been told to choose Ribbit. @Dinosaur would you care to explain your vote yesterday?

To expand on this:
Yesterday I returned from dinner with my mom and realised I had about a half hour or so left to vote and quite a few pages to catch up on. I caught up and saw quite a few people voting Zinnia so I decided to look back at what their posts were so far in game and didn't see anything that I thought was especially suspicious. That being said as I previously mentioned in Post #363 I did find TN4U and Ribbit a bit suspicious, TN4U originally for band wagoning and Ribbit which again I'm not going to lie, I don't have a great reason for and was overall based on vibes. I went back and read posts from TN4U and Ribbit, the more I looked at TN4U I didn't really feel horribly suspicious in the context of them being a new player. So I ended up trusting my gut feeling and last minute voting Ribbit since I didn't agree with the Zinnia vote. I was going to post and explain at the time but I unfortunately didn't have time since we aren't allowed to talk after the day ends.

Back