• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Animal Crossing 3DS XL or Pikachu 3DS XL?

What XL design do you prefer

• AC

Votes: 64 71.9%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 25 28.1%

• Total voters
I personally prefer the Pikachu 3DS XL. It looks a lot cuter in my opinion. I also don't like the new AC print... To me, it looks like wallpaper you would use in a baby's nursery. Anyway yeah, hang onto your Pikachu 3DS, if only to sell it in the future - its release has been far more limited, and Pikachu is always high in demand xD

I'm sort of immature so I can't look past the Pikachu nipple situation. I ordered the AC bundle. Remembered seeing it then it was Japan only and was like "TAKE MY MONEY! *THROW*"

I love the pikachu one just for the nips, but overall I don't think I would be able to handle all the yellow.

If there were more choices I might go for the fire emblem one. I like the AC edition but it doesnt really look like something I would buy and in the end I'm still happy with just my plain old silver xl :)

Id get pikachu. I love animal crossing but the design seems a bit...blugh

There's actually a chance of that happening, but its so slmi that the apocalypse will Be more likely to happen. It's a limited -severely- release for a reason. There was no re-release in Japan or Europe, don't expect it to happen here.
Alright :)

Do you think there would be any resell value on the AC3DSXL?

Probably, but not as much as the pikachu one. For a few reasons
- The pikachu XL stopped taking online preorders the same day as it was even told be released, March 14th. **
- the console was limited to 2 per GameStop and >4 per other main chain stores
- Pilachu has always been a huge money getter for sellers.
The AC XL though
- it's still taking preorders for it, that shows that it's not as limited as the Pikachu nipple XL
- the game comes bundled with the XL, some people don't like that for some reason, and prefer the hard copy
- AC is not as big in the US as it is in Japan, so you can probably make a profit that gets you basically what you paid for and some change back.

It's all in the marketing. My fianc? told me this (he has a degree in marketing ^^)
** when I say this, I mean back on announcement date of March 14th, not the date it came out

Last edited:
- the console was limited to 2 per GameStop and >4 per other main chain stores

Wow, that's really limited!! I'm still surprised UK never had as much demand as you guys, or conversely, why they never reallocated more of the consoles destined for EU to go to NA instead to balance it out. Pokemon is obviously still huge over in your neck of the woods and to limit it as much as that when so many people would love to have one is a shame. I know how I'd feel if I was dead set on a console but missed out.

It's a shame there's a region lock, at least some of you could have had it brought over from our region even now if you had been able to :(

tigereyes86
Which is completely ironic and funny that you mentioned EUR still has them for sale. If you even ask a store "hey you got a pika XL Hiding somewhere here?" They would scoff and laugh at you. Most stores, in my area, were sold out 15-30 minutes after they opened. And they were limited to one per person, so some people tried to bring their "friend" or "kid" to buy multiple systems for one person, without the knowledge of it being conveyed to the store, obviously.
I managed to snag mine from preordering online on March 14th. Within a few hours the preorder ability was gone though. If you see the site "cheapassgamer" you'll see a multitude of people who were at their stores at 6-7am and were pissed that others were already there.

My mind says Pikachu and my heart says Animal Crossing..

I really don't know what to do..

If I use the AC one, I can sell the Pikachu and make hundreds of dollars of of it eventually.. But the thing is no one knows what the AC one is and it'll be weird..

And I like both designs x_x ugh

My mind says Pikachu and my heart says Animal Crossing..

I really don't know what to do..

If I use the AC one, I can sell the Pikachu and make hundreds of dollars of of it eventually.. But the thing is no one knows what the AC one is and it'll be weird..

And I like both designs x_x ugh
If your heart says Animal Crossing, and considering you like the AC design, you may as well use the AC 3DS to play with, and sell the Pikachu one a few years down the line. Although, I have the Pikachu 3DS and I absolutely love it.... even just to look at, it's so adorable.

Remember, Pok?mon X/Y is out in October too... Which could potentially drive the demand for the Pikachu 3DS up, raising the value of it considerably - or maybe you, yourself, would like to use the Pika' 3DS once X/Y is released.

Not much help, I know xD

If your heart says Animal Crossing, and considering you like the AC design, you may as well use the AC 3DS to play with, and sell the Pikachu one a few years down the line. Although, I have the Pikachu 3DS and I absolutely love it.... even just to look at, it's so adorable.

Remember, Pok?mon X/Y is out in October too... Which could potentially drive the demand for the Pikachu 3DS up, raising the value of it considerably - or maybe you, yourself, would like to use the Pika' 3DS once X/Y is released.

Not much help, I know xD

Well, Pokemon X/Y coming out would not increase my drive of wanting to use the Pikachu XL.

The Pikachu XL is more universal in terms of the 3DS. Pikachu is a gaming icon, whereas AC is just a little franchise. And I'm trying not to let my hype of wanting the GAME bring me to make the decision of having my 3DS XL animal crossing themed just because I want the game.

This is really hard.. First world problem I'm going through right now.. Lol

Well, Pokemon X/Y coming out would not increase my drive of wanting to use the Pikachu XL.

The Pikachu XL is more universal in terms of the 3DS. Pikachu is a gaming icon, whereas AC is just a little franchise. And I'm trying not to let my hype of wanting the GAME bring me to make the decision of having my 3DS XL animal crossing themed just because I want the game.

This is really hard.. First world problem I'm going through right now.. Lol
First world problem indeed, haha!

Just choose which design you like best, I suppose. I know I prefer the Pikachu 3DS (partly because like you said, Pikachu is a gaming icon), and I was very disappointed with the AC design... but that's me! :)

Slightly unrelated, but if the charizard xl released outside of Japan I would have bought it in a heartbeat. That's the only special edition to come out so far that I would have actually bought over a normal xl.

charizard-nintendo-3ds-xl-edition.jpg

Slightly unrelated, but if the charizard xl released outside of Japan I would have bought it in a heartbeat. That's the only special edition to come out so far that I would have actually bought over a normal xl.

charizard-nintendo-3ds-xl-edition.jpg

I agree with you so much! The Charizard one is incredigood looking!

I like the Pikachu 3ds despite unfortunate camera placement. I just ended up getting a red XL though. I like it. It works. We all good.

I prefer the AC one. I wouldn't say the pikachu one is rare at all. If you want one you can buy one online for like ?30 more than its release price. It isn't hard to find or anything, just expensive. The AC 3dsxl is limited so they will stop production of them soon after release too.

lyla
You do realize the exclusivity of the Pikachu XL in the NA, where OP seems to be from? The pikachu XL has only had one, incredibly limited release, and there are no plans for a re-release anytime soon. It's been established already that Europe still has the XL's for sale in stores, but NA stores are completely wiped out of stock

lyla
You do realize the exclusivity of the Pikachu XL in the NA, where OP seems to be from? The pikachu XL has only had one, incredibly limited release, and there are no plans for a re-release anytime soon. It's been established already that Europe still has the XL's for sale in stores, but NA stores are completely wiped out of stock

I have looked at multiple online US websites and they are selling hundreds of them, majority new. It is not hard to come by online in the slightest from what I have seen. If I had the money I could have hundreds of them haha.

Back