• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Animal Crossing 3DS XL or Pikachu 3DS XL?

What XL design do you prefer

• AC

Votes: 64 71.9%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 25 28.1%

• Total voters
Silly (and delicious) how the conversation shifted to eating pepperoni nipples.

Wait until you get the poptart in your hands and make your decision then. If you do sell one: wait a while, the price will rise eventually. I'd personally go for the Animal Crossing theme, simply because I'm not a big Pokefan anymore.

Yeah it is. My state only realeased about 2 consoles per GameStop and 3 per Walmart, target, toys r us. Probably around >500 state-wide

On amazon alone it's already reach the $350 as the cheapest price <_>
But on Ebay it's about 260? Or is there some hidden fees associated with Ebay that I don't know about?

eBay is not a very reputable site. I've seen multiple people get scammed and receive fake items. Worst one was when a friend of mine ordered a Midnight purple 3ds someone was selling, and ended up getting a DS Lite in a 3ds box.
Amazon occasionally has the 3rd party seller that could probably do the same, but it's more credible and trustworthy than eBay. Especially when some people are selling the system at a low price of "$70 NEW XL PIKACHU" yeah. Not trustworthy ._.

eBay is not a very reputable site. I've seen multiple people get scammed and receive fake items. Worst one was when a friend of mine ordered a Midnight purple 3ds someone was selling, and ended up getting a DS Lite in a 3ds box.
Amazon occasionally has the 3rd party seller that could probably do the same, but it's more credible and trustworthy than eBay. Especially when some people are selling the system at a low price of "$70 NEW XL PIKACHU" yeah. Not trustworthy ._.

That wouldn't be a problem if you payed with paypal because you can make them re-fund it. Also with credit cards you can dispute the charge.

It's not my problem, it was theirs. I don't shop on eBay due to just how many scams can happen. But they disputed the charge because she paid with a credit card.

The Pikachu one is rare?

As far I can tell yeah. Very minimal amount released to stores and the first shipment was the last shipment. So rare that Nintendo can only replace your XL if it breaks or has a defect with it by giving you one of the other ones, Blue or Red. So definitely hang onto it, it'll be worth a lot unless Nintendo decides to release some more for X and Y.

As far I can tell yeah. Very minimal amount released to stores and the first shipment was the last shipment. So rare that Nintendo can only replace your XL if it breaks or has a defect with it by giving you one of the other ones, Blue or Red. So definitely hang onto it, it'll be worth a lot unless Nintendo decides to release some more for X and Y.
Ew wait you're right they're probably going to do that.. If not, whatever.

However I've made my mind up I want the Animal Crossing one. Although it won't really be recognized if I take it out in public, as probably no one will know what the hell it is, it's fine. I like Animal Crossing XD

When do you think I should sell my Pikachu one?

Wait. Wait it out for a while. As more and more get ordered and opened, the price for mint condition sealed ones will rise like crazy. It's a very long waiting game, but the payout is worth it.

I buy a TON of things off eBay and have never been scammed. Check the user's feedback score and you'll be fine.

Their feedback was 99% rating, Bea. I prefer amazon to eBay. I actually prefer just going to an actual store than ordering online. But for some things, you're pretty much forced to shop online :(

I buy a TON of things off eBay and have never been scammed. Check the user's feedback score and you'll be fine.

While that tends to be a good indicator, that's not always the case. Family member bought a "mint" condition fat PS3 off eBay from someone with a pretty great feedback score, PS3 wasn't so mint and was missing half the things it was supposed to be packaged with like the power cord. ಠ_ಠ Drug her feet on actually taking the thing back, especially once I noticed a few dead bugs in it.

Wait. Wait it out for a while. As more and more get ordered and opened, the price for mint condition sealed ones will rise like crazy. It's a very long waiting game, but the payout is worth it.

But what if Nintendo decides to sell more? Is there a chance of that happening? Someone told me they will no longer be selling it in the USA ever but what do they know

There's actually a chance of that happening, but its so slmi that the apocalypse will Be more likely to happen. It's a limited -severely- release for a reason. There was no re-release in Japan or Europe, don't expect it to happen here.

My other half is in his 30's, he uses the Pikachu one and gets LOTS of compliments for it. It's a nice conversation starting point as people recognise it. But, on the other hand, as Pokemon is so much more popular it has a higher resell value so would make more sense to keep in mint condition.

Edit: Ah, missed your post where you decided for the AC one!
My tips for reselling..
-make sure auction ends on the weekends at a decent time
-stick it up when there is a Pokemon related buzz out there, eg. when the new 3DS games are coming out and Pokemon is on peoples minds
-and/or combine it with major holidays (hello Christmas!)

Last edited:
I prefer the AC one, the Pikachu one is a bit bright for me. You can still get it easily on the UK Amazon site for ?179.00 for anyone looking to buy though (sold through Amazon, not 3rd party, which is a bonus!).

Back