• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Animal Crossing Direct Discussion Thread

Mind posting a screen capture of this?

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 11.07.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 11.07.36 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 11.07.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 11.07.15 PM.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 4
Hmm, could easily just be a stylistic choice but it is very possible that there are tropical fruits on Kapp'n's mysterious islands.
Definitely, it could just be garnish. But it is interesting that the dessert tab was never shown, perhaps because things like lemons or grapes or bananas would be noticeable. Rewatching the Direct again, she even says that we will experience these new updates in ways not shown. I think there’s going to be some surprises, fruit or otherwise, on Kapp’n’s islands…

Definitely, it could just be garnish. But it is interesting that the dessert tab was never shown, perhaps because things like lemons or grapes or bananas would be noticeable. Rewatching the Direct again, she even says that we will experience these new updates in ways not shown. I think there’s going to be some surprises, fruit or otherwise, on Kapp’n’s islands…

Tropical fruits or not... I just want those vines, LOL. They fit my idea for a natural/rustic island idea I have going on.

They're not likely to do this, but what would be interesting is if Nintendo had some teaser marketing leading up to this update. Like if bananas are in, then they could just tweet out a picture of the banana tree. That one picture would make people lose their minds the same way people did over Froggy Chair. It'd be great!

They're not likely to do this, but what would be interesting is if Nintendo had some teaser marketing leading up to this update. Like if bananas are in, then they could just tweet out a picture of the banana tree. That one picture would make people lose their minds the same way people did over Froggy Chair. It'd be great!

The fact that they were pretty secretive about the "Desserts" tab and didn't even show it makes me think there is a decent chance tropical fruits are in the game to some extent since that is where a lot of fruit is likely to be used.

I turned on HHD for the first time since before NH came out and, well, that was an interesting experience. The graphics of HHD/NL are less good than I remember now that I'm used to NH. And ooof... I looked at some of the stuff I designed. I mean, it was decent. But I can make so much better things now. It's not just time/experience, but it's just NH has more tools that HHD/NL doesn't have for customizing. It's not just me specifically. I went on Happy Home Network and even some of the best things from the community don't look nearly as good as things I see people doing with their NH islands, and that's WITH the NH not enough furniture limitations.

All that being said, booting up HHD made me look forward to the 2.0 update and the HHP DLC even more. It's not just that I want to play it. I want to see how creative the community can get with these new tools and new + returning furniture.

The only thing that kinda annoys me now is that I booked a week off for Halloween, I would have totally booked off a couple days for the update if I knew it was gonna drop :') have fun on my behalf guys hahahaa I'll catch up eventually

I just had a bit of a thought with the addition of Harvey's Shop Plaza. We know Cyrus is returning with a permanent spot for customizing more things for us... but what is Reece going to do? I really hope she isn't there just for fluff dialogue.

Perhaps she'll run a flea market of sorts, selling a random assortment of rare furniture?

I have a question maybe someone knows more. Where exactly is Katrina located? There is a body of water behind her that I can not see in the plaza. It seems all gyrods are already used for other shops? Maybe she only visits during night?

20211020_125053.jpg

I did find it strange and unnatural that practically all the coconut trees in the HHP video were already harvested and fruitless. They might be hiding those tropical trees. I think the area that contains most potential for hidden surprises are Kappn’s boat tour islands and Harvey’s Plaza.

I have a question maybe someone knows more. Where exactly is Katrina located? There is a body of water behind her that I can not see in the plaza. It seems all gyrods are already used for other shops? Maybe she only visits during night?

I think its here, below Saharah’s van there is a spot next to the water. You can see the little windmill marker thingy.
1D29D723-F39D-4B08-8911-DB17049595CB.jpeg

Last edited:
I did find it strange and unnatural that practically all the coconut trees in the HHP video were already harvested and fruitless. They might be hiding those tropical trees. I think the area that contains most potential for hidden surprises are Kappn’s boat tour islands and Harvey’s Plaza.

I think its here, below Saharah’s van there is a spot next to the water. You can see the little windmill marker thingy. View attachment 404991
I also don’t think that the lemons on the foods placed above are any indication of lemon trees but I do agree that it was kinda suspicious how all trees were missing coconuts. I mean, they did add a whole set of veggies, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they included bananas or lemons.

However, I really doubt that Nintendo wouldn’t show them in the direct. Then again, we still don’t know a lot about the content we’re getting. I can’t wait for the datamine lol

I also don’t think that the lemons on the foods placed above are any indication of lemon trees but I do agree that it was kinda suspicious how all trees were missing coconuts. I mean, they did add a whole set of veggies, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they included bananas or lemons.

However, I really doubt that Nintendo wouldn’t show them in the direct. Then again, we still don’t know a lot about the content we’re getting. I can’t wait for the datamine lol

I too think it doesn’t make sense that Nintendo would hide it as it has been a much requested feature from ACNL and would have made a lot of people excited. On the other hand the HHP trees are indeed unnatural and the voiceover did say ‘and more’ when talking about the crops (not sure if trees quality as crops). We’ll just have to wait for the update I guess, the datamine is going to be huge!

Thank you for the laugh! I really needed that :). I would love to see screenshots 👀. Are you going to get the dlc and decorate the pig villagers’ houses with a lot of bacon too? 😋
A good laugh is sometimes the best medicine! Glad that helped you out (even if a tiny bit) I was mostly joking because I like bacon, but I probably will invite some pig villagers on the island that my sister abandoned lol.

Oh I never really paid attention, but that does seem odd. Could mean they're hiding what the trees were and what fruit they had. Or it could just be that we now have just palm trees and not coconuts.

I do think we probably are getting more tropical fruit because it is odd that ALL palm trees were that way. But I also want to mention that, in HHD, fruit trees did not work the same way that they do in main AC games. You could choose the stage of the tree that you used to decorate (which you can see is in HHP too in the Direct) but those trees would permanently stay that stage. You also couldn't shake fruit off of the fruit trees, so they had a "stage" for them too with no fruit showing in case you didn't want the fruit on it. The main reason for not shaking off fruit in HHD was fruit had no purpose other than decoration. It could be that on the HHP archipelago you can't shake fruit trees and they could have intentionally chosen the "removed fruit" stage of the palm trees so we couldn't see what kind they were.

I do think we probably are getting more tropical fruit because it is odd that ALL palm trees were that way. But I also want to mention that, in HHD, fruit trees did not work the same way that they do in main AC games. You could choose the stage of the tree that you used to decorate (which you can see is in HHP too in the Direct) but those trees would permanently stay that stage. You also couldn't shake fruit off of the fruit trees, so they had a "stage" for them too with no fruit showing in case you didn't want the fruit on it. The main reason for not shaking off fruit in HHD was fruit had no purpose other than decoration. It could be that on the HHP archipelago you can't shake fruit trees and they could have intentionally chosen the "removed fruit" stage of the palm trees so we couldn't see what kind they were.
I can’t remember now but were the palm trees in Kapp’n’s islands also without fruit?

I went back and played NL last night for the first time since watching the update trailer, and it made me notice how generic the cafe looks in NL compared to the new one in NH. It looks ok in NL, but I really like how they brought Brewster's whole aesthetic to it this time.

I'm designing a 2nd island. Now i'm at the part of placing tree's along cliffs. The tree cliff bug it's very tedious. But what if Nintendo decides to repair it so it isn't a bug anymore. And everyone can place tree's on cliffs if there is room. Wow that would save me lot's of time. I think i'll wait these 2 weeks. Or worse, if Nintendo decides to "repair" this bug so tree's can't be placed on cliffs anymore?! Omg i have to wait and see first!

I can’t remember now but were the palm trees in Kapp’n’s islands also without fruit?
The first island with vines has coconut trees only (that we can see). I’m like 100% certain all the existing fruit types will be available on Kapp’n islands, since they are adding in features to be able to get everything organically through the game instead of trading, but I am holding out for new fruit too.

Back