• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Animal Crossing Direct Discussion Thread

I know SwitchForce is highly clickbaity, but he just published a video that very convincingly lays out an argument for new fruits being added.

I don't care for Mayor Mori, Crossing Channel, or SwitchForce because they all feel pretty clickbaity in general, but I trust your judgment so I'll give it a watch.

I do think there's a good chance fruits are added too though, mainly because it's suspicious that the palm trees had no fruits on them. We also know for sure that there will be some surprises. I believe Halloween is the last major holiday on the current version of the game, so 2.0 will have to include things like Turkey Day and Toy Day. Nintendo didn't address that at all in the Direct. They've added minor changes to the holidays that were held for the 2nd time this year, so I feel like minor surprises for those are coming at the minimum. There's probably more than that though.

I don't care for Mayor Mori, Crossing Channel, or SwitchForce because they all feel pretty clickbaity in general, but I trust your judgment so I'll give it a watch.
To summarize in case you want to keep avoiding his videos, beyond the lemon garnish shown in recipes and already discussed in this thread, there is an in-game poster with fruits and vegetables on it, 7/9 of which are now in game, the other two being lemons and bananas. And the reveal that some villagers when you call them via Amiibo, including Bud in the HHP portion of the Direct, have a banana icon included in the backsplash (brought over from their card, but still a data point). That last one is really what sold me, personally.

He also brings up the different fruits shown on the cans in the vending machines, though this wasn’t as convincing to me. He also thinks Leif will be selling fertilizer and that could lead up perfect fruits, but I’m not convinced the bags aren’t just design flourish for Leif’s trailer.

To summarize in case you want to keep avoiding his videos, beyond the lemon garnish shown in recipes and already discussed in this thread, there is an in-game poster with fruits and vegetables on it, 7/9 of which are now in game, the other two being lemons and bananas. And the reveal that some villagers when you call them via Amiibo, including Bud in the HHP portion of the Direct, have a banana icon included in the backsplash (brought over from their card, but still a data point). That last one is really what sold me, personally.

He also brings up the different fruits shown on the cans in the vending machines, though this wasn’t as convincing to me. He also thinks Leif will be selling fertilizer and that could lead up perfect fruits, but I’m not convinced the bags aren’t just design flourish for Leif’s trailer.
what if we were able to craft our own fertilizer from messed up cooking? lol :) compost bins.
I'd be surprised if they added fertilizer in this game but if they did, I suppose it would possibly speed up crop growth??
Or maybe have a crop drop more produce. I highly doubt they would do quality produce or heirlooms and I kinda feel like the perfect fruit may be a good way to tie into that in the future of the series.

I really hope they inject the game with some more ...I don't even know how to describe it. More villager personalized nuances, warm little details of the NPCs, a bit of backstory/story between characters, cute little features. I'm really hoping the update makes it feel complete (to me) and gets on the same level of New Leaf. I'm sure it will though in its own way, but still a little anxious.

I don’t know if I’m late to this news or not but SNACKS ARE CONFIRMED SNACKS ARE CONFIRMED

not sure if it has been mentioned already in the 40+ pages here, so apologies if it has already, but I saw on twitter if you click on japan's nintendo and watch the pictures scroll you see persimmons? above franklin. also bones is holding icecream
Nintendo.co.jp Website
acnh.jpg

not sure if it has been mentioned already in the 40+ pages here, so apologies if it has already, but I saw on twitter if you click on japan's nintendo and watch the pictures scroll you see persimmons? above franklin. also bones is holding icecream
Nintendo.co.jp Website
View attachment 405526

I'm afraid that's not a New Horizons image. Notice in bottom image they show the chameleon(?) visitor we used to have for bug shows that got replaced in NH.

Nintendo.co.jp Website
View attachment 405526
These look like these are more general, not New Horizons specific. The website features PC and NL below NH, and the image has Nat in it, as well as Hamlet - who was a new Villager/Species in NL.

Nintendo.co.jp Website
View attachment 405526
These are probably based off NL/PC. Nat is shown in the bottom who was replaced by Flick and the cedar trees have the old design (NH has four levels).

I know most people have mentioned this, but Nintendo, for the Nth time, please add bulk buying and bulk crafting! I'm still a teeny tiny bit hopeful that these are in 2.0 and just not mentioned in the Direct. 😅

I have just bought about 186 books from Nook's and crafted 35 bookshelves. This could be done in a few minutes if we have the bulk option.

I also wonder if they will consider letting us buy more than 5 items from the Nook shopping app?

I'm guessing Shino is a buck (male deer). if you look at his profile, he has antlers. Doe (female deer) don't have antlers.

Back