• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Animal Crossing Direct Discussion Thread

Could just be a unisex name. Wasn't James a name that recently started been seen as unisex?

I had no idea that just one thing I said could lead to this. I’m probably the only one here who doesn’t believe that Sasha is male… yet. As for the other newbies, what do you think their personalities are?

As someone named Sasha, it’s a unisex name lol. It’s just the Slavic version of Alex as in short for Alexander or Alexandra (Sa as in Sander/Sandra). As I’m pretty sure Alexander is the most common boy’s name in Russia, that means there are a lot of men being called Sasha on a regular basis

As someone named Sasha, it’s a unisex name lol. It’s just the Slavic version of Alex as in short for Alexander or Alexandra (Sa as in Sander/Sandra). As I’m pretty sure Alexander is the most common boy’s name in Russia, that means there are a lot of men being called Sasha on a regular basis
Well, with what you said, the possibility isn’t slim for Sasha to be a male.

On a different topic what do you think are the characteristics of the other new upcoming villagers?
Edit: So, I checked that the first eight villager cards in this series 5 set went like this: Lazy, Normal, Jock, Peppy, Cranky, Snooty, Smug, Sisterly. So I’m guessing that this means Roswell will be changed from Lazy to Smug and Faith will be changed from Normal to Sisterly. Still, I can’t believe that there are people legit thinking that the bunny I thought was female is more likely male.
If this happens to be true, then im sure most of us would be victims of our previous first thoughts.

Last edited:
@Dracule I love those pics you posted. I need that bacon frying piece. I want to just deck my entire island in bacon. I'm going to invite all pig villagers and gift them bacon. I need the bacon.

Bacon bacon baacooon!

Thank you for the laugh! I really needed that :). I would love to see screenshots 👀. Are you going to get the dlc and decorate the pig villagers’ houses with a lot of bacon too? 😋

No, it wasn't mentioned in the Direct. They added 50 more in a previous update in March, but it looks like that's it.
Yeah, it looks like I used all of mine 😅
I can live with not having more, but it’d be nice. I was hoping I missed something mentioning it on the preview.

Also, I love how the DLC is a cross platform with ACNH but can be a lone game.
Post automatically merged:

Screenshot_20211018-232626_Chrome.jpg

I did this as well :3

Last edited:
Just realized that with Kapp'ns islands being a thing I think beetle farming from NL will be back in some capacity.
It will take some luck but if he takes you to a summer island with palms you could probably beetle farm there.

As someone who doesn't use turnips I've deeply missed the beetle grind so I'm grateful for this.​

Is Shino also male? Because female deer don't have antlers. Or is Shino a mystical species, like Julian is Unicorn?

Edit: Sasha has a 50/50 chance of being either gender and in the amiibo cards, on some occasions, villagers of the same gender can be next to each other when ordered by number.
Also, the villagers are no always ordered by personality.

Back