• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Animal Crossing Direct Discussion Thread

I'm guessing Shino is a buck (male deer). if you look at his profile, he has antlers. Doe (female deer) don't have antlers.

I Shino is wearing a woman’s yukata (as far as I know male animals can wear any clothing but stick to their assigned gender or unisex clothes for base outfits) and has an unambiguously female name (yoshino) . She also seems to likely be based off a Kirin, or other Japanese mythological creature, not a deer.

as pointed out by others elsewhere (there are so many threads discussing this, sorry to be repeating), the deer species in the game is also used to represent animals like antelopes, in which both the males and females have horns (they do not call them antlers in this case I think)

I'm trying to determine whether or not I should bother color-completing my catalog wishlist to prepare for the update, because I don't know which furniture will be customize-able by Cyrus. Will it just be some like in New Leaf? Will it be all the colors for EACH relevant piece of furniture?

I'd rather get a bulk of trading out the way before things become more chaotic on the forum.

That'd be nice. Unless things drastically change, right now I don't need any in-game bells because I have so much money. Needing turnips for cooking DIYs would give me a reason to buy some.

i wonder if the turnips are going to become like all the other crops.. growable... if not, then it's the turnip code for my 2nd island, like i planned :>

then again, daisy mae'd have nothing to do...

Maybe we'll replant them for the chance of super turnips for even extra bells. Lol.
They'll need to do something with extra large crops in the next game. What's farming without a super sized crop reference?
As for now turnips will probably stay the same and we won't grow them. I'd be surprised if the use them in a couple of recipes right now.

i wonder if the turnips are going to become like all the other crops.. growable... if not, then it's the turnip code for my 2nd island, like i planned :>

then again, daisy mae'd have nothing to do...

It would be great if we could grow them but probably not. Maybe if they were to bring back the red turnips you could grow in wild world.

It would be great if we could grow them but probably not. Maybe if they were to bring back the red turnips you could grow in wild world.

hmm... i'm not sure i remember the red turnips.... & i played WW 🥴

hmm... i'm not sure i remember the red turnips.... & i played WW 🥴
Joan would bring the red turnips with the white ones on Sunday. You would plant them and water them everyday for 6 days. They would grow each day you watered them. You would get the most amount of Bells if watered for six days.

Joan would bring the red turnips with the white ones on Sunday. You would plant them and water them everyday for 6 days. They would grow each day you watered them. You would get the most amount of Bells if watered for six days.

now that you mention it... i think i never met joan when i was playing WW... so that's probably why i didn't get any...

I'm trying to determine whether or not I should bother color-completing my catalog wishlist to prepare for the update, because I don't know which furniture will be customize-able by Cyrus. Will it just be some like in New Leaf? Will it be all the colors for EACH relevant piece of furniture?

I'd rather get a bulk of trading out the way before things become more chaotic on the forum.
I'm kind of wondering this for myself. But I think we can have Cyrus customize just about any item we can't customize ourselves. I checked the Direct again, and they show four items on the pocket inventory screen when you talk to Cyrus. The Grand Piano, Log Bench, Soft-serve Lamp, and Lighthouse were shown. Three of those items had the Blue/Pink Alpacas Re-tail icon, the Grand Piano, Soft-serve Lamp, and Lighthouse. The other item, the Log Bench, did not, but that's a craftable item so we can already customize it ourselves They also show all the different colors available for the Lighthouse, so I would think each color would be available for each item. At least I'm hoping that's what this means--that he can customize everything we can't in all the different colors there are! At least for furniture.

I'll probably hold off on doing too much searching for color variations. At least not more than I do already by shooting down balloons for furniture, checking trees, checking Redd's inventory, etc.

Cyrus2.PNG

I Shino is wearing a woman’s yukata (as far as I know male animals can wear any clothing but stick to their assigned gender or unisex clothes for base outfits) and has an unambiguously female name (yoshino) . She also seems to likely be based off a Kirin, or other Japanese mythological creature, not a deer.

as pointed out by others elsewhere (there are so many threads discussing this, sorry to be repeating), the deer species in the game is also used to represent animals like antelopes, in which both the males and females have horns (they do not call them antlers in this case I think)

The main theory is that Shino is indeed a female villager, but she is based off the Hannya Mask.

"a mask used in Japanese Noh theater, representing a jealous female demon. It is characterized by two sharp bull-like horns, metallic eyes, and a leering mouth. "

Hence the horns, make-up and the inclusion of fangs if you look closely enough at her.

The main theory is that Shino is indeed a female villager, but she is based off the Hannya Mask.

"a mask used in Japanese Noh theater, representing a jealous female demon. It is characterized by two sharp bull-like horns, metallic eyes, and a leering mouth. "

Hence the horns, make-up and the inclusion of fangs if you look closely enough at her.
Ooooo spooky! Guess Nintendo is celebrating Halloween a few days late! 😂

Ooooo spooky! Guess Nintendo is celebrating Halloween a few days late! 😂

I had wished they released her in time for Halloween/her birthday. It is very clear that they mean to make her a “spooky” villager, in the vein of Lucky. I would love to learn more about her

oh, yes, that makes sense, and I could see that. I love that, thank you for the extra info.

I had wished they released her in time for Halloween/her birthday. It is very clear that they mean to make her a “spooky” villager, in the vein of Lucky. I would love to learn more about her
What happened to lucky anyway? He doesn’t act creepy, why the bandage? He must have hit his head really hard.

What happened to lucky anyway? He doesn’t act creepy, why the bandage? He must have hit his head really hard.

Lucky's catchphrase, old num.23 shirt, HHD house request and a old website for the original (now defunct) talking about being in an accident shows that Lucky himself is quite accident prone and is bandaged due to just being very unlucky and hurting himself easily.

The design takes this and goes for the mummy and undead house aesthetics as kind of a joke on his appearance. His New Leaf fear is also the Mummy Mask.

It could be that Lucky is indeed an undead, accident prone zombie. Or just a dog who likes the supernatural due to his unlucky affinity for injuring himself.

Little column a, little column b.

I wonder how the roommate system works? Can you only move in villagers together that have similar styles? Do you move one into a place where another villager already exists? Do you put two together that just arrive? I know the Direct said “after a recommendation from you…”, but that’s kind of vague.

I already plan on moving Chrissy and Francine in together. Hopefully we can scan Sanrio villagers in too because I have another idea of moving Etoile and Chai in together.

I wonder how the roommate system works? Can you only move in villagers together that have similar styles? Do you move one into a place where another villager already exists? Do you put two together that just arrive? I know the Direct said “after a recommendation from you…”, but that’s kind of vague.

I already plan on moving Chrissy and Francine in together. Hopefully we can scan Sanrio villagers in too because I have another idea of moving Etoile and Chai in together.
I wonder if it is by personality compatibility. Jocks for example are said to get along with other jocks, sisterly, normal, and peppy, however they don't get along well with lazy, snooty, or cranky. Jock Personality

Back