Animal Crossing Direct Discussion Thread

I think the actual update will probably be early November, since they're doing the direct mid October. I don't think they'd make us wait /too/ long for all the stuff, especially since I think they'd want returning players to be able to jump in as soon as possible. But who knows, nothing's been exactly consistent with this game thus far.

I also believe the update will be released in early November since we still have 2 more weeks of October, which gives them plenty of time for that

For what it's worth, the update can come no later than November 24, as November 25 is Turkey Day and that would have to be included in the upcoming update. In addition, the update that initially contained Turkey Day and Toy Day (v1.6.0) was released on November 18, 2020 in North America, a Wednesday, which was 8 days before Turkey Day. So that would theoretically push the latest possible update date down to November 17 this year.

If I had to guess the actual update date, I'd say November 10. I'd also guess that they do unveil the actual day the update gets dropped during the AC Direct tomorrow, though that isn't necessarily guaranteed to happen.

Well tomorrows the day that we finally get to see the AC direct. One final thing I'll say about this, is keep your expectations low. I know its fun to speculate and wish what you guys want, but whatever the outcome is we must appreciate Nintendo for finally giving Brewster since thats the thing people requested the most. Remember Nintendo has done surprises before and they will do something that nobody else would see coming and whatever it is I will look forward to it. Its been a long while since I ever felt so interested in a update.

Well tomorrows the day that we finally get to see the AC direct. One final thing I'll say about this, is keep your expectations low. I know its fun to speculate and wish what you guys want, but whatever the outcome is we must appreciate Nintendo for finally giving Brewster since thats the thing people requested the most. Remember Nintendo has done surprises before and they will do something that nobody else would see coming and whatever it is I will look forward to it. Its been a long while since I ever felt so interested in a update.
Yes this exactly. It is definitely fun to try and figure out what we might get but I always have to remind myself not to get my hopes up too much. At this point I’m just so happy Brewster is finally coming that anything else is just a bonus.

Am i the only super optimistic (😅) that thinks that MAYBE since we might be getting something new for halloween and therefore the update will be released before october 31st? I mean not everything, maybe Brewster will be locked until a quest or just until you pay what ever investment it is to bring him plus the days of building but im quiet positive there is a possibility we might get it before the end of october 🤞🏼

Am i the only super optimistic (😅) that thinks that MAYBE since we might be getting something new for halloween and therefore the update will be released before october 31st? I mean not everything, maybe Brewster will be locked until a quest or just until you pay what ever investment it is to bring him plus the days of building but im quiet positive there is a possibility we might get it before the end of october 🤞🏼

Unfortunately I don't think it will be released before October 31st because in the September Nintendo Direct where the ACNH Direct was announced, they said the next content update was "Available November". I think Halloween will be just as it was last year.

EDIT: Here is a link to that:

I would love more Halloween items but since we did get three new Halloween items I don’t think there will be more then that.

Honestly, while we have had an update come earlier than expected (the Mario update, v1.8.0, came out February 24 after the very initial announcement said March 2021), it's very hard to see them releasing the update in October and including more Halloween items, given how they do treat Halloween as more of a month-long event that leads into Halloween proper on the 31st, so they wouldn't want the in-game focus taken away from it and wouldn't want to add more items at the tail end of it.

To show you just how much they can reveal in 20 minutes, here are 2 fan-made QOL updates. Totalling about 18 minutes. I hope Nintendo was taking notes because some of these should have been here from the start.

(6 minutes)

and (11 minutes)

im sooo excited. im literally at work on my computer hehe. There has to be a lot of new QL updates if it's 20 minutes long, right... right?

Back