Animal Crossing Direct Discussion Thread

I'm not going to tell you what to think at all.
I don't want to, nor do I think you should let others tell you what your opinion should be.

However there is a huge difference between saying not to have high hopes for a Nintendo announcement, or sometimes dates where nintedo have not announced anything at all.
And nintendo saying they will give 20 minutes to talking about new content. Especially when all previous update announcements only took a few minutes even when full of content.

I'm not saying expect lots at all.
I've no clue what will come.
It might suck.

But your comparison doesn't really stand.
Low expectations for imaginary announcements and 20 minutes dedicated to it are 2 very very very very different things

imaginary announcements? i'm talking about real announcements, thanks. all the update trailers we've had in the past year and a half etc. you don't know what the pacing of this direct is going to be like. you don't know what they're going to show. you don't know if they're going to bloat it out or exaggerate or if 10 minutes of that 20 is just going to be about the S5 cards. maybe it will show oodles of new content, which is great! but, then again, maybe it won't. i have no way of knowing and neither do you.

my comparison stands perfectly fine. an announcement is an announcement, this one just happens to have a specified length revealed beforehand, and low expectations for any of them are the exact same thing. if i don't want to get my hopes, i won't. if you want to, go for it. the only thing that bothers me is when people try to tell me how to react or, in this case, argue about semantics.

20 minutes is honestly more time than I expected this to get when they made the announcement that AC was getting a direct last month. I won't be able to watch it live, but I'll watch it after the fact. Right now I'm feeling cautious, just because I still do feel very disappointed about the amount of content Nintendo has put into NH in the last year and a half. I hope they surprise me and have a lot of content though.

Looking forward to it. 20 minutes can definitely cover some good content. :p

I just need this to be great becuase it means alot. Idk about some people but I only have my switch for this game. Iv tryed other games but this is my game. Iv loved it since gamecube. I need this to be everything we've all been wanting and more.

20 minutes seems like a big chunk of time for introducing new content. I’m cautiously optimistic about some things like additional villager interactions and Brewster. I do hope that Nintendo is able to wow us.

20 minutes is great, I'm really looking forward to this. Regardless of what I want added, I'm happy we're getting new content! Unfortunately I'll miss it live but can't wait to watch later.

Unfortunately school is a butt and I probably won't get around to watching the direct, but if my sweet boy Aziz gets reintroduced as a series 5 amiibo card, I'm expecting at least one of y'all to go on my profile and alert me 😂

Unfortunately school is a butt and I probably won't get around to watching the direct, but if my sweet boy Aziz gets reintroduced as a series 5 amiibo card, I'm expecting at least one of y'all to go on my profile and alert me 😂
Yeah I am going to be at work, but maybe I can get this old phone someone gave me to work before then and I will be able to watch it during break lol.

Yeah I am going to be at work, but maybe I can get this old phone someone gave me to work before then and I will be able to watch it during break lol.
Yea I will be watching when I get on break as well. I start work at the same time as the direct. It’s too bad it’s not on Thursday since it’s my early day and my break is at 10 that day lol.

Bring back some furniture sets! (Or at least add new ones!) That's all I mainly want, Nintendo. 🥺
Alas, it probably most likely won't happen :(

Regardless, I appreciate all the other updates. But i would literally scream in mid-air if new furniture were introduced.

Bring back some furniture sets! (Or at least add new ones!) That's all I mainly want, Nintendo. 🥺
Alas, it probably most likely won't happen :(

Regardless, I appreciate all the other updates. But i would literally scream in mid-air if new furniture were introduced.

i personally strongly believe we will in this update and future ones get new furniture DIYs and/or furniture sets, most likely from already existing sets but with a new twist

Personally im not a fan of merchandise products but im sure there are ton of pp out there that are happy too see on of their fav charater.

the way i always see it, is as its a milking cow, they give me this so that i can imagen how great something could have been, wasn’t implemented and maybe i can use the stuff animal for my imagination.Dunno maybe im too much of a negative 😅

I still have a fear they'll be doing a "memory lane" type of announcement showcasing the past updates/events and lead up to the community requested and last final big update... Brewster... who I'm not even sure I'll care two cents about.

Obviously we have no idea what's in store, but I've seen my fair share of showing off the past stuff already in the game to make a update video larger looking.

After looking at past update videos, I'm a bit more hopeful on how much they can fit into a 20 minute Direct. Here's roughly how much airtime was dedicated to past updates in the trailers:

128 seconds - Sanrio
64 seconds - Halloween (including pumpkins, new clothes, and skin/eye colours)
56 seconds - Luna/dreams
52 seconds - Mario furniture
50 seconds - Festivale
46 seconds - Nature Day, May Day, Stamp Rally, and Wedding Season combined
35 seconds - New reactions/hairstyles (from Turkey Day/Toy Day update)
30 seconds - Fireworks shows
30 seconds - Diving/sea creatures
29 seconds - Pascal/mermaid furniture
26 seconds - Toy Day
24 seconds - Redd/art
21 seconds - Turkey Day
18 seconds - Gullivarrr
14 seconds - Leif/bushes

And here are a few of the notable parts from the February 2020 Direct:

75 seconds: DIY
71 seconds: Party Play
63 seconds: The airport and postcards
63 seconds: Nook Miles
56 seconds: Nook Mile Tickets
56 seconds: Island Designer/Terraforming
36 seconds: Photopia/campsite amiibo

Adding up all of the times from all of the sections listed above results in 17 minutes and 23 seconds, so assuming Nintendo doesn't dedicate an absurd amount of time to anything (which I don't think they've done too much of; the only thing that really sticks out to me as having way more time spent on it than needed was Festivale), they could easily fit a whole bunch of things in there.

Honestly, I'm not even sure how they can possibly fill up 20 minutes unless they purposefully take forever to explain the Roost and Series 5; just looking at those times above, it seems very unlikely that more than 2 minutes would be spent on the Roost unless it has a lot of new features - even the non-holiday special character with the most airtime (Luna) took up less than a minute (although I could easily be mistaken or have missed someone).

This is probably going to get my hopes too high if I think about this too much but if the trend from past trailers continues we could definitely get a lot of stuff revealed in 20 minutes.
This exactly. There's ni way in hell they can take 20 minutes to explain Brewster and the new cards unless there's like 120 characters to go through and a whole new system for Brewster and even then that couldn't possibly take up that much time. I think the Direct will be chalk full of stuff and the player will even have to go one step further and discover the hidden gems of the game.

I just need this to be great becuase it means alot. Idk about some people but I only have my switch for this game. Iv tryed other games but this is my game. Iv loved it since gamecube. I need this to be everything we've all been wanting and more.

Same!!! Ugh. I've practically spent like $400 just for this game alone. I only ever play Skyrim on my Switch since I love that game otherwise, but I don't like playing TES games on small screens like that anyway. So my Switch ONLY exists because of ACNH. I'm praying that this is going to make up for the lost features and be what everyone is hoping it will be.

Back