• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Animal Crossing New Horizons has gone 2 months without an update and we’re going into July with not only no new features or events but nothing new at

Terraforming in its current state and placing items outside was HUGE, but I think that we were hoping that eventually these little things that we loved would be added into the game over time. And at first it looked like that would be the case…
Just to clarify, I meant 3/4 of the snow-people content was axed from previous games. You used to be able to make an entire snow family. The pa, ma, boy, and tyke. I don't mean as a whole that 3/4 of AC was cut when it came to NH.

But I will admit that when I saw the diving/Redd and Leif/bushes update that they tricked me into thinking there would be more updates coming soon (or at all) because we honestly don't know what Nintendo/the NH crew has in store. I would like to think with the amount of people who are dropping the title and or voicing their concerns that Nintendo would be trying to plug the drain before it's too late.

I would like to think with the amount of people who are dropping the title and or voicing their concerns that Nintendo would be trying to plug the drain before it's too late.

Exactly. I hope they are — they FINALLY listened with Pokémon (in a way), so my hope is that they are cooking something big for AC… but we will see.

That's literally what JKDOS said. They didn't say to make terraforming easier. Just to be able to undo anything you didn't like without wasting more time.
I'm fully aware of that.
I was addressing the fact other people in this thread had said they wanted it to be easier when I said that part.

I'm fully aware of that.
I was addressing the fact other people in this thread had said they wanted it to be easier when I said that part.
Gotcha. You just quoted them and not those others. I wouldn't want terraforming to be super easy either, but it could do with a QoL update. Like even a yellow blip circle where your terraforming tool is going to hit would be ideal. Can't tell you how many times I kept hitting the wrong spot. I felt like Batman from the Lego movie.

Gotcha. You just quoted them and not those others. I wouldn't want terraforming to be super easy either, but it could do with a QoL update. Like even a yellow blip circle where your terraforming tool is going to hit would be ideal. Can't tell you how many times I kept hitting the wrong spot. I felt like Batman from the Lego movie.

Fully can get behind that. It can be hard to tell at times if you're going to hit it or not. Would be especially helpful for water which can at times just feel very random as to what will happen.

I actually would prefer if terraforming was easier and quicker to do. I work full time and have other obligations so it makes sitting down for hours and hours terraforming a little difficult. Not to mention, the experience is usually frustrating as the aiming of your character is so picky. A grid system or something would make life so much easier haha. I'd personally love that.

I actually would prefer if terraforming was easier and quicker to do. I work full time and have other obligations so it makes sitting down for hours and hours terraforming a little difficult. Not to mention, the experience is usually frustrating as the aiming of your character is so picky. A grid system or something would make life so much easier haha. I'd personally love that.
No I get that. I barely use terraforming. So I can't form much of an opinion on it because I haven't touched it at all (hardly). The fact that I never stopped working during covid when everyone was using this as their escape also is a reason I never bothered to get invested into it.

I agree. I know the point of terraforming is supposed to be hard works you can see the progress that you make, but I think it can be balanced. Maybe and a preview button so you can see what the project you're working on will look like so you can make reasonable fixes if needed. I'd also like 2x2 shovel for land and water, 4x4, and an erase function that can erase multiple parts at once so you don't have to go 1 by one.
I may be a minority of thinking terraforming could be made easier, but it's just my opinion

I agree. I know the point of terraforming is supposed to be hard works you can see the progress that you make, but I think it can be balanced. Maybe and a preview button so you can see what the project you're working on will look like so you can make reasonable fixes if needed. I'd also like 2x2 shovel for land and water, 4x4, and an erase function that can erase multiple parts at once so you don't have to go 1 by one.
I may be a minority of thinking terraforming could be made easier, but it's just my opinion
I agree! Besides, imo there's a difference between "hard work" and "inconvenient" and I feel like in a lot of ways, NH falls under the "inconvenient" category. Heck, even in Happy Home Designer it felt easier to decorate and move things. I know it had the touch screen to help but still, something similar would be better I think, compared to hitting things one square at a time.
Post automatically merged:

No I get that. I barely use terraforming. So I can't form much of an opinion on it because I haven't touched it at all (hardly). The fact that I never stopped working during covid when everyone was using this as their escape also is a reason I never bothered to get invested into it.
I feel that! It's just so slow, I get unmotivated to do anything to my island lolol, even though I'd like to.

I feel that! It's just so slow, I get unmotivated to do anything to my island lolol, even though I'd like to.

Realistically speaking, I know they won't give us a QoL overhaul like being able to select/drag to terraform land/river/path or destroy it in one fell swoop. That's why I suggested the blip marker because that is such an easy thing to implement. The fact that they can't give us a gauge for tools when they will break just screams how little they've done with the content. It looks great when looked from afar, but when you start actually observing it you notice it's got a lot of flaws.

Even like a 15, 10, or 5 block radius in one single line would be better than just one at a time. It's honestly busy work that keeps people using up a lot of time without becoming aware of it until the drudgery wears thin. And I am sure that if they made these things less time consuming that people's time spent on NH would be quite a bit difference. Or they could had spent that time elsewhere in the game.

It's like shaking pine trees for pine cones. There were so many defending Nintendo on that hill how that was fun. I mean if you find that fun, cool, but that ain't my kind of thing when I have work the next day and I feel like I didn't do jack crap that was actually enjoyable.

Realistically speaking, I know they won't give us a QoL overhaul like being able to select/drag to terraform land/river/path or destroy it in one fell swoop. That's why I suggested the blip marker because that is such an easy thing to implement. The fact that they can't give us a gauge for tools when they will break just screams how little they've done with the content. It looks great when looked from afar, but when you start actually observing it you notice it's got a lot of flaws.

Even like a 15, 10, or 5 block radius in one single line would be better than just one at a time. It's honestly busy work that keeps people using up a lot of time without becoming aware of it until the drudgery wears thin. And I am sure that if they made these things less time consuming that people's time spent on NH would be quite a bit difference. Or they could had spent that time elsewhere in the game.

It's like shaking pine trees for pine cones. There were so many defending Nintendo on that hill how that was fun. I mean if you find that fun, cool, but that ain't my kind of thing when I have work the next day and I feel like I didn't do jack crap that was actually enjoyable.
I would looooove for a gauge for breakable tools. You'd think that it's kinda obvious to include but apparently not. Also why can you only buy/craft one thing at a time? Sure they give you the "bulk" option but it still sucks. Why can't we choose the quantity? That's such a basic early video game thing.

Ditto on shaking the trees. I personally don't see how it's fun at all. I'd literally rather do anything else in the game lol. Imo video games are supposed to be fun so like, what? haha

FWIW I still ultimately think the following things:
  • There was a load of stuff that was more or less complete at time of release (like Leif, Redd and diving) but COVID MASSIVELY slowed down further development of things and it's only now we're truly suffering.
  • The worst thing missing from the basegame's ultimately "more villager interactions than the most basic things" but I also think it's at least partially down to "giving you more and more power as a player will ultimately end up sidelining villagers, as they end up becoming your playthings more than Actual Beings That Exist (see also "mean villagers" which people seem to think is JUST because they were mean, because OHMYGODGUYSPEOPPLEGETOFFENDEDATANYTHING, instead of "you're basically in charge of them now, of course they're gonna be nice to you")"
  • New Leaf's very large furniture roster exists because a great deal of it was made during the development of LGTTC and HHD, as opposed to NH where they've basically started from scratch, in HD to boot. However, the lack of some things does kinda suck regardless. SummerUpdate2, pls bring back the old Nintendo toys that Redd had in the fireworks show in NL!
  • There's a fine line between "actually helpful QOL stuff" and "you have taken away any need to go anywhere and do anything"
  • Animal Crossing, even though there's a lot in common with it, especially with their Switch entries, ultimately has something over Pokemon: the fact it isn't tied to an anime that basically airs every week in Japan, which in turn forces you to constantly churn out new mainline games every few years (despite the fact you're now working on a 3D AND HD console, which is more work).

Apparently the acnh playlist got updated yesterday, so we should be seeing a new trailer very soon
Screenshot_20210721-175555_YouTube.jpg

Usually, there should be a private video in there whenever a trailer is about to be shown. Playlists getting updated doesn't really mean anything.

Also, as mentioned above, all the playlists in the official Nintendo YouTube channel were updated. Not just AC.

Are you still able to kick patterns away after you’ve placed them on the floor via the terraforming tool? If so they need to get on that, fair enough if I place it down straight from the design app. But if I’m terraforming and using the path tool then I expect the path to stay there!

Back