• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Animal Crossing New Horizons has gone 2 months without an update and we’re going into July with not only no new features or events but nothing new at

My online membership expired back in June but I decided not to get it again till a update came out that I could play with my friends online.
But nope nothing the wedding update only had 1 item that I wanted so I could get that easily without doing trades. But now I am waiting for a nice update to drop so I can get online again :( I just want items like Pocket Camp I don't mind not having big updates at the moment I just want a lot of furniture and decorative items

Hi, just a quick bump of the thread to say it’s now the 15th of July, and the rodeo style springy ride-on is now available from Nook Shopping.

We’re now up to date. There is nothing new to come out in this update. We did it!

(we’ve obviously got a little bit longer to wait, but it’s no more than a couple of weeks)

Hi, just a quick bump of the thread to say it’s now the 15th of July, and the rodeo style springy ride-on is now available from Nook Shopping.

We’re now up to date. There is nothing new to come out in this update. We did it!

(we’ve obviously got a little bit longer to wait, but it’s no more than a couple of weeks)

oh thanks for telling me. i think i’ll go on tomorrow to order more of those before i go back to not playing and to get my mail from nef. i have been regretting not buying more of those to hoard. 😋

I’m still giving it time even though I don’t think anything is going to happen. Disappointing but not surprising.

Ah yes, the calm before the storm.

Will it be a storm that will quench the thirst of the fanbase or will it destroy more hopes and dreams? The two remaining weeks of July will be a long one.

Nintendo tends to drop a trailer few days before an update, but I honestly wish they'd drop it a lot earlier.

With how little time I can dedicate to playing right now, I'm honestly ok with the slow updates. I just have to log in once or twice a month and grab the new nook shopping items.

If there is going to be an update soon, I hope it has a lot of the quality-of-life updates I've been wanting such as a faster terraforming/gardening mode.

All this nonsense about updates just proves one thing: We can no longer trust Nintendo to do updates the way we want them to - And that we will always have to assume the finished product is always the product at present time.

Even more, we will always have to know exactly what features any future Animal Crossing game will actually have, well before buying. That is, if the game does not have a feature we want, it is best to assume it won't be added in the game at all. And screaming and harassing fellow players and game developers alike will not help to adding them.

If only the fanbase could have actually refrained from buying the game until the features they wanted actually came back... That would've been the best incentive for Nintendo to add them in the first place. Instead, the hype train took over, and it made us completely overlook the actual feature set the game actually had.

While I wholeheartedly agree with assuming that, from now on, if something isn't in the base game, it probably won't be added in the future, I'm not so sure about the last part in bold.

I knew I had my doubts when I saw the first polished trailer back in September where they stated they were delaying the release to March 2020, but never did I think it'd end up in the state it currently is and I'd end up stopping playing after less than a whole year, which is something I hadn't done with previous iterations. I mean, we're talking about Animal Crossing, not Pokémon, so I for one wasn't expecting Nintendo to handle this game as poorly as they did.

However, now I know what to expect for future games, so now I know I won't buy the next one unless I know for a fact it has everything I want. I might end up having to skip it altogether because either what I want won't happen or it will happen so far in the future that I won't be interested anymore, which isn't that bad, now that I think about it.

it’s pretty tragic really, updates never really bothered me in games but when it comes to one that feels as incomplete as NH, I can understand why its so excruciating for people. had the game actually contained more content like its predecessors, I’m sure players wouldn’t be so disappointed all the time, because then at least they still have something enjoyable to play without having to hope for better things to come.
It’s good some have been able to have fun with the game as it is though still. I don’t have NH anymore (I swapped over to CF, LOL) but I still keep somewhat updated in hopes one of my fav NPCs returns. I agree the best thing to do is to just not get your hopes up too high, and either try to enjoy the game as is for now, or maybe play something else. maybe someday NH will get something worthwhile, but you know how Nintendo is pffff
not sure if this is a hot take or note but I KIND OF felt the same way about Sword and Shield? I don’t know if incomplete is the right word, but that game felt very lazy and rushed to me. Guess that’s just how Nintendo rolls, you get to a point where a franchise is so successful it doesn’t matter what hot garbage you pump out, people will buy it. Really, really sad for fans

I'm expecting a bigger update soon. They covered several months events in one update, except for fireworks festivale which I don't expect to be really changed.

This is one of the longest periods of times with no update, if not the longest.

While I wholeheartedly agree with assuming that, from now on, if something isn't in the base game, it probably won't be added in the future, I'm not so sure about the last part in bold.

I knew I had my doubts when I saw the first polished trailer back in September where they stated they were delaying the release to March 2020, but never did I think it'd end up in the state it currently is and I'd end up stopping playing after less than a whole year, which is something I hadn't done with previous iterations. I mean, we're talking about Animal Crossing, not Pokémon, so I for one wasn't expecting Nintendo to handle this game as poorly as they did.

However, now I know what to expect for future games, so now I know I won't buy the next one unless I know for a fact it has everything I want. I might end up having to skip it altogether because either what I want won't happen or it will happen so far in the future that I won't be interested anymore, which isn't that bad, now that I think about it.

Same here. I am honestly a bit sad since I really love the game, but I do not want to invest any more in their games is they think how they handled ACNH (not to mention sanrio cards) is acceptable. I probably will still be tempted to try it but will make sure to look at the database items first. I did look at them while waiting for my copy to arrive but in spite seeing how few items appealed to me and how much was not there that I was hoping for (not necessarily old items but new sets), I assumed they would be releasing more in time, but 😬.

My online membership expired back in June but I decided not to get it again till a update came out that I could play with my friends online.
But nope nothing the wedding update only had 1 item that I wanted so I could get that easily without doing trades. But now I am waiting for a nice update to drop so I can get online again :( I just want items like Pocket Camp I don't mind not having big updates at the moment I just want a lot of furniture and decorative items

I did not bother at all with the June 2021 wedding items. I have June 2020 wedding items on my first island. (I have two islands.) I have felt challenged lately with a willingness to continue playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons. But, with my second island, I have reason. After I complete this current goal, for my second island (which I figure won’t happen until late-Summer or early-Fall), what Nintendo and game developers do—or do not do—will inform my decision.

I pretty much have low to zero expectations of Nintendo at this point. Unless they’re planning to do some huge drop like the Welcome Amiibo update on New Leaf, I wouldn’t expect anything from those grubby cash grabbers at Nintendo. Even if they ever do plan an actual substantial drop of a ton of new UX, NPCs and furniture series, that won’t happen until 3-5 years from now when New Horizons hype is totally dead and they feel pressure to promote the game again.

Again and again, Nintendo has been promising “more, just wait a little longer.” And again and again, they don’t deliver. They give like less than a megabyte’s worth of an update. And the next week, we hear the same promise. “Nintendo’s working on something! They said so!” Yeah, well I’m not holding my breath. All Nintendo does is make false promises and try to build up their own hype only as long as it correlates with $$$.

Animal Crossing is such an iconic game, so I don’t know why Nintendo disrespects the fandom by giving peasize updates once a month, to outright skipping entire months, for over a year. They can’t seem to get it together. I mean, Switch is five damn years old, and they didn’t even make any hardware and software updates to the new one they just announced. They drummed up hype for the past year, implying that the new Switch would have at least 4K or some sick new hardware, but all they did was make their 5-year old toy white and slightly bigger. Oh, and instead of trying to make the Switch an even more powerful portable console, they added the Ethernet port at the back so it’s actually less portable 😂😂. Nintendo to me, it seems, is either lazy AF or doesn’t care at all about what they’re doing. Their work lately has been so low effort that they are crossing into scammer territory. It’s as if all their updates and consols are Being produced by the power of a single person, when they are a huge international corporation with a ton of manpower and the ability to produce so much more.

Didn’t mean to turn this into a rant about the Switch 😅

FINALLY! Someone else who see’s Nintendo for who they have become. Since the passing of Satoru Iwata Nintendo hasn’t been the same. Greed and arrogance appear to be Nintendo’s new way of doing business. In reality ACNH was successful due in part because of the pandemic. Had it not been for the world going into a state most of us have never witnessed this game would have been viewed for what it really was, a disappointment for a lot of us. My first Nintendo console was a SNES (yes, I’m that old) and though I have been mildly disappointed by Nintendo’s choices over the years, nothing compares to the anger and resentment I feel now.

Speaking of Iwata's passing, I sometimes think after Reggie had retired as Nintendo's president that things started to change a lot. I don't know, it just seems like after those two that there have been a lot of questionable actions that Nintendo have taken. Not that this really applies to the topic at question, but cats-toy's post reminded me of that.

I used to see Reggie speaking for Nintendo a lot during their presentations, but Doug Bowser's presence has been practically nonexistent. The last time I saw him during some presentation was during his introduction with the whole Bowser (villain) thinking he was the new CEO. And I sometimes wonder if Reggie had retired because he wasn't happy with Nintendo's new approach/visions? I could be thinking too much into that, but it does come to my mind every now and then.

Nintendo is definitely still one of my favorite companies, but I have started to see them doing some questionable things.

Same here. I am honestly a bit sad since I really love the game, but I do not want to invest any more in their games is they think how they handled ACNH (not to mention sanrio cards) is acceptable. I probably will still be tempted to try it but will make sure to look at the database items first. I did look at them while waiting for my copy to arrive but in spite seeing how few items appealed to me and how much was not there that I was hoping for (not necessarily old items but new sets), I assumed they would be releasing more in time, but 😬.

Honestly, at this point they've already lost me so I don't think any update would make me come back and enjoy the game again. It would have to add a tremendous amount of things and of superior quality. If it's any of these "I'll add two things just so you're forced to log in if you want them, othewise they're gone" additions, I won't be bothered to even collect them because they'll be thrown into the storage and be left to rot, so what's the point. This game had so much potential and I feel they've squandered it.

Clearly Covid-19 had to delay a bunch of plans, but we should have gotten some of the "3 years worth of updates" already. Maybe timing was too tough for the anniversary, but it's summer and still nothing.

I love Animal Crossing and I love playing this beautiful version on the Switch, but the game feels so empty.

I used to see Reggie speaking for Nintendo a lot during their presentations, but Doug Bowser's presence has been practically nonexistent. The last time I saw him during some presentation was during his introduction with the whole Bowser (villain) thinking he was the new CEO. And I sometimes wonder if Reggie had retired because he wasn't happy with Nintendo's new approach/visions? I could be thinking too much into that, but it does come to my mind every now and then.

Now that you mention it, I feel Reggie was more involved with the fans.

With the post E3 statement on Animal Crossing, Doug gives a brief and vague statement about the state of the game. I feel Reggie would have done something a little more, and maybe even make a short video or Tweet about it. I remember his whole "I got to get back to playing ACNL on my Nintendo 3DS" video :'( We never got a "Doug's Animal Crossing home tour"

Yeah I didn't want to step on any toes here, but I was going to comment about how I feel Reggie was a better representation of Nintendo than Doug is right now. He brought a lot of passion and energy and I just don't feel it with their new CEO.

Typically we’ve gotten an announcement before the start of the next month to announce all the new things for that month. The last update in late April only added a single item to two pre-existing events and a hand full of nook shopping items and that was it, the entire update for 2 months. Now we’re going into July without even that. I figured now would be the time for a feature addition due to the lull in events in the next couple months but I almost feel like we’ll get nothing at all. Well what do you guys think? Is an update still on its way? Is it time to give up on the game and accept there’s not going to be any meaningful updates?
Dude, we don’t need an update every two weeks or less. Don’t rush the devs for not updating the game as often as you want. Nintendo has a bunch of games and they can’t just update one game when they have others. The employees there have families to support especially during the pandemic and their families need them more than a video game.

Dude, we don’t need an update every two weeks or less. Don’t rush the devs for not updating the game as often as you want. Nintendo has a bunch of games and they can’t just update one game when they have others. The employees there have families to support especially during the pandemic and their families need them more than a video game.

Let’s see, Nintendo is working on Splatoon, BotW 2 and they’ve had 8 years to create a new Animal Crossing game. Just sayin’

I don’t think anyone here is asking for an update for every two weeks. Who is rushing the devs? The game has been out for over a year. Can’t expect players to be patient forever. :/ There would still be complaints regardless if they had handled the game better, but I’m pretty sure there would be much less or at least the more serious & unhappy ones.

No one is personally attacking you, so there is no need to jump on anyone for expressing their opinions.

Back