• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Animal Crossing New Horizons has gone 2 months without an update and we’re going into July with not only no new features or events but nothing new at

It's a combination of the "anti-TT" thing the devs have (as JKDOS pointed) and the fact that every yearly event has been tweaked/updated for the new year. iirc, they only remove the 2020 version of the event with the last possible update- so it makes sense they leave the event as much as they can before they "cut it out" in order to work on it between that update and the one where it will be re-released.

Fireworks may see new items for sale at Redd's- as the others were quietly added to the daily stock of Nook's Cranny after August 2020. Or new boppers- with the way they reworked May Day, they show that they don't fear having some items being able to be obtained only once.

All events/seasonal items and things such as Zodiac animals will probably be updated with a definitive version once development for the game wraps-up that will be available forever.

Just a couple of questions, but aren't yearly events that change, even if they are super similar, an improvement over any other game on the franchise? I have only seen that Fishing/Bugs competitions on past games kind of changed since they asked for different sizes or fish?, contraty to the ones on NH that always go for # of catches. But on past games, all events are exactly the same, right?

And aren't there more NPCs that talk more/have more of a role than NL? From what I have seen, the mere fact that Tom, Timmy and Tommy have a whole story (as little as it was) on this game would make them have much more than the incarnations where they were just shopkeepers? I know that Blathers was completely neutered on NL and he regained his personality on this game because someone once pointed how you once again are able to read his dialogue. Celeste was a shopkeeper on NL too if I'm not mistaken, she now has a similar role but the extra of having stories to tell (or did she tell stories on NL too?) Flick and C.J. also seem to have a bigger role than their predecessors, with the whole model-thing, extra money and challenge (C.J.)- I thought Nat and Chip were only there for the tourneys.

I ask this because maybe there is info missing from the wiki, but all those characters seem to be the opposite of what you described. Isabelle seems to be the one everyone sees as having a downgrade, which I guess is correct with the removal of the PWP and all those things she did, right? But aside from her, which others? (obviously not counting the ones that were removed/replaced). Mable/Sable seem to have the same role, Wilbur/Orville probably have the same role as Porter and other standard shopkeepers like Saharah or Redd also seem to be the same. Maybe Wisp? Depending on the importance of him being everything amiibo and now being a minigame? But like said, I'm basing this on the wikis and the gameplay I've seen, so maybe I'm missing some other roles/dialogue.
I'm not gonna reply further to this bc I really don't wanna argue about it. But,

NL also did seasonal content with new furniture, so not an improvement. I wouldn't count that as an improvement, they just changed who ran the fishing/bug competition with someone younger related to them. I've reread this three times and I'm confused as to what you're asking. What do you mean by them being exactly the same on other games? all of the fishing events are still the same in this game I'm very confused lmao.

There are numerous NPCs that are simply absent (brewster, katie, blanca, tortimer, lyle, i could go ON) so no I don't think replacing two NPCs with someone else is "improvement" when so much other content from the previous game got taken away. Label also does much less and her role bascially became gracie's in this game instead lol. Like I said, I won't roll over for breadcrumbs having a "little story" is a low bar. Tom had stories with Sable and the children before this game too. Again, it's nothing new. What do you mean you could read his dialogue? Celeste telling stories is recycled from wild world and city folk. She also loses her crush she had on tom nook. I think this just shows how she's steadily declined tbh. I really think CJ and Flick's appeal is that they're cute. There was a bug series in NL too that you got for participating in the bug-off. Again, with the sheer amount of NPCs they took out of the game, I don't think giving a few NPCs the ability to buy more things from you (especially since reese & cyrus are no longer in town, selling things is more difficult than the previous game) make it an improvement.

I never said Isabelle didn't get a downgrade, she definitely does nothing now even though I love her lmao. You already listed some, and showed how NPCs that were taken out were just merged into multiple personalities. I already mentioned Label. Kicks has less personality & now just shows up. Taking out dr. shrink just makes k.k. sing in the town center and imo is way less cool than him being in an entire club.
I never stated NL was perfect, but I do not think NH is a "great" game.

& honestly at the end of the day it's going to be up to opinions people have. I just don't think any of the updates* have been special or great. It's all stuff that should have been put in up front.

EDIT TL;DR: basically I think if this is your first game you'll probably like it (that's good, glad you're having a good time!). But if you're a returning player you might be disappointed.

Last edited:
@RollingAntony not the op you're talking to, but to fill you in a bit on some npcs:
- Daisy Mae's role is the same as Joan's
- CJ and Flick both take on Chip and Nat's respective roles of hosting the tourneys, and have their own "visitor" roles, the problem I have with this (and maybe other returning players) is that in the NL tourneys, the prizes were an entire unique furniture set and a random furniture item each time you bet the current high score. This and the fact that cj and flicks other role is just buying fish and bugs when there were other visitor npcs that had a bit more to them (like katrinas fortune telling or gracies car/fashion challenge) leaves me feeling a bit short changed
- pascal's role is the same overall, although in wild world he was part of a weird trading tree to get the gold axe
- redd is the same
- shrunk was replaced by villagers
- Harriet, although not a visitor, got replaced by the mirror so you don't get to do the wire little quiz to get your hair done
- wendell got replaced with the design portal. He used to give special premade patterns in exchange for food. Idk how I feel about him getting nixed like that as I personally never really cared for his patterns but I do miss his dialogue
- gulliver/gullivarr's challenge is very simple this time around, although similar to the CF version of digging up spaceship parts. The CF version was a very rare event, not a weekly visit. In NL you could at least learn something as Gulliver had lost his memory and would ask you questions about where he was going, and you'd get an item related to that country
- In NL Saharah would give you both a wallpaper and flooring for 3000 bells, though rugs weren't a thing before NH. in cf and ww you would have to run around and make deliveries for her. Having her just be a walking shop this time around is a lot less fun and charming
- celeste - I would actually argue that she has more of a role in NH, as it's fun to collect recipes, though I understand why people miss the observatory
- leif... See cj and flick. It's weird to have someone who used to have a fixed shop suddenly become a "special visitor" when they just do the same thing they always did. Same with kicks.
- labelle basically replaces gracies nl challenge but, again, as there's no ultimate prize of a new store upgrade, this feels like a washout as a returning player
- brewster, kappn, lyle, lottie, Digby and tortimer are all awol

It's also funny you mention Tom, Tommy and Timmy having a story in NH when in previous games, after playing for some time, Tom Nook would act differently and you could ask him about it. He'd tell you about his relationship with the twins and the Able Sisters. That not being in NH also adds to the impersonal feeling of the game, imo. Blathers also had a similar event in WW, iirc.

I'm not gonna reply further to this bc I really don't wanna argue about it. But,

NL also did seasonal content with new furniture, so not an improvement. I wouldn't count that as an improvement, they just changed who ran the fishing/bug competition with someone younger related to them. I've reread this three times and I'm confused as to what you're asking. What do you mean by them being exactly the same on other games? all of the fishing events are still the same in this game I'm very confused lmao.

There are numerous NPCs that are simply absent (brewster, katie, blanca, tortimer, lyle, i could go ON) so no I don't think replacing two NPCs with someone else is "improvement" when so much other content from the previous game got taken away. Label also does much less and her role bascially became gracie's in this game instead lol. Like I said, I won't roll over for breadcrumbs having a "little story" is a low bar. Tom had stories with Sable and the children before this game too. Again, it's nothing new. What do you mean you could read his dialogue? Celeste telling stories is recycled from wild world and city folk. She also loses her crush she had on tom nook. I think this just shows how she's steadily declined tbh. I really think CJ and Flick's appeal is that they're cute. There was a bug series in NL too that you got for participating in the bug-off. Again, with the sheer amount of NPCs they took out of the game, I don't think giving a few NPCs the ability to buy more things from you (especially since reese & cyrus are no longer in town, selling things is more difficult than the previous game) make it an improvement.

I never said Isabelle didn't get a downgrade, she definitely does nothing now even though I love her lmao. You already listed some, and showed how NPCs that were taken out were just merged into multiple personalities. I already mentioned Label. Kicks has less personality & now just shows up. Taking out dr. shrink just makes k.k. sing in the town center and imo is way less cool than him being in an entire club.
I never stated NL was perfect, but I do not think NH is a "great" game.

& honestly at the end of the day it's going to be up to opinions people have. I just don't think any of the updates* have been special or great. It's all stuff that should have been put in up front.
I fully agree. I don't think it's really the lack of monthly updates that most people are upset about. It's the fact that they sold us an unfinished game from the get go and are giving us half baked "updates" to try to make up for it. They already delayed the game before so I would have hated to see the sad state it was in at that point in time, yikes.
NL had its issues (PWPs suuuuuucked so bad I can't even) but the fact that NH removed several NPCs, furniture and clothing just makes the game feel rushed. It's like they sucked the soul out of the game and gave it to us knowing we'd buy it because it says Animal Crossing on it. It's pathetic and those that are upset have every reason to be. We were cheated, in my opinion.
For those that like the game, that's totally cool and I'm happy. But that doesn't mean others can't be upset with a product they spent their money on.

I fully agree. I don't think it's really the lack of monthly updates that most people are upset about. It's the fact that they sold us an unfinished game from the get go and are giving us half baked "updates" to try to make up for it. They already delayed the game before so I would have hated to see the sad state it was in at that point in time, yikes.
NL had its issues (PWPs suuuuuucked so bad I can't even) but the fact that NH removed several NPCs, furniture and clothing just makes the game feel rushed. It's like they sucked the soul out of the game and gave it to us knowing we'd buy it because it says Animal Crossing on it. It's pathetic and those that are upset have every reason to be. We were cheated, in my opinion.
For those that like the game, that's totally cool and I'm happy. But that doesn't mean others can't be upset with a product they spent their money on.
YES! That's what I've been trying to say. I mean i'm not going to act like new leaf was perfect, because it isn't, but I can see why some of the community prefers it over new horizons. I agree with @Corrie as well, I think the main issue here is the quality of the updates, not getting them. I think the reason why most of the community is unhappy with how the game is is because of the updates not adding much.. or anything for that matter and only being for holidays. I know some of the team is also working on splatoon 3 as we speak, but not EVERYONE is. And I think everyone has the right to be disappointed right now because Nintendo promised years of updates and to get at a point where we've gotten nothing since march... it makes people wonder what's going on. And that's ok. I don't think anyone's trying to rush Nintendo, it's just they want Nintendo to stick with their promise

And I think everyone has the right to be disappointed right now because Nintendo promised years of updates and to get at a point where we've gotten nothing since march... it makes people wonder what's going on. And that's ok. I don't think anyone's trying to rush Nintendo, it's just they want Nintendo to stick with their promise
I'm pretty sure they never promised this.
They said they would add free updates to the game, and they said they hoped players would be able to find things in the game for years to come, but that does not mean they promised new updates giving people new stuff to find for years.

If I am wrong I would be happy to be proved otherwise, but I just dont think this was actually said by nintendo.

Hi I kinda have a genuine question:
For people that gave up/quit playing the game, is there a specific update you’re looking for that will bring you back into playing the game regularly?

Obviously so many people want Brewster, a store upgrade, etc. but I don’t really see how those things could bring a lot of longevity to the game since the core gameplay wouldn’t really change.

I definitely could see how improving villagers would make a big difference though, by adding more favors, activities, and more dialogue that is spread between the island

For people that gave up/quit playing the game, is there a specific update you’re looking for that will bring you back into playing the game regularly?

Obviously so many people want Brewster, a store upgrade, etc. but I don’t really see how those things could bring a lot of longevity to the game since the core gameplay wouldn’t really change.

I definitely could see how improving villagers would make a big difference though, by adding more favors, activities, and more dialogue that is spread between the island
I haven't given up/quit the game, but I definitely play a lot less than I did the first few months I had it -- I play it like once or twice a month now. However, to answer your question, what would bring me back to playing more regularly is more furniture. If they just added furniture from past games -- doesn't even have to be new items -- I feel like that would bring a LOT of players back. The main thing I enjoy about the game is decorating, and as it stands I feel like the furniture options are so limited I have no reason to change up my house/areas of my island, because there aren't any items available that I would want to use instead lol.,

I still play the game so the question is totally not directed at me. But my play time is far from as high as it was a few months back and not even close to launch.

Mini games to play solo and with friends.
And more things to do with your villagers.
Perhaps the ability to redecorate your villagers houses so I was free to actually deliver stuff when I'm asked to without ruining that villager forever haha

I've fully decorated so the last thing I need is more furniture. And things like brewster would just extend my daily play time by approx 2 minutes.

If they brought back a good amount of the past furniture sets and clothing, accessories, shoes, etc, then that would help A LOT for me. It seems like the main focus in NH is decorating but yet, it has so little furniture. It's odd and makes decorating for me, not so fun. I have a lot of space on my island that I'd love to decorate but without a lot of the furniture, it makes it boring to do.

I'm still playing some, so I can't speak for anyone else, but I think it would need to be the accumulation of the things we've heard about from the datamines rather than one or two specific things.

@Rosch had a good write up about the most recent datamine a while back https://www.belltreeforums.com/thre...cnh-content-in-the-works.593588/post-10019379

There's also still stuff from the original April 2020 datamine that hasn't appeared or been explained yet, iirc: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2..._datamine_reveals_exciting_potential_features

I understand Nintendo is unlikely to implement most of these features at the same time, and some may never be implemented. Looking at the glass half full though, if most of this stuff got added over time, I think it could be quite a bit of content when added together.

Last edited:
btw love your signature! I love my culture being appreciated :)

Thanks! Love to represent when I can!

Probably more buildings like the cafe. I would really love an update to terraforming though. Wish it was more like how you decorate your home, grid style instead of 1 plot at a time...takes way too long for those of us who like to change the island up every so often.

I really don't know if there would be any one specific thing that would have me running to the game. I boot it up every now and then, but most times I don't even do anything remotely worthy of saving so I just quit without saving a lot of the times now.

I would have to say more things to do with multiplayer. Give us a reason to want to come to each other's islands and not just because we want to show off/brag about what we did. You can only get so much mileage out of that.

There's a lot of things that I just don't think they will ever implement that I would want to come back. Like villager dialogue and interactivity being reworked, fixed rng, and overall more engaging. To have them visit homes like in NL, play hide and seek, better errands, so forth.

Better furniture selections. The game feels so bloated with color variations with furniture/clothes. I know a lot of people who have cataloged everything, including the colors. But imagine if we could just customize the common orderables.

Shop upgrades...what I really liked about the other games and feel like this one is missing on is progression. Yes you can terraform your island, but there isn't any acknowledgement to that. You could literally spend so much time making the most amazing island or just throw stuff haphazardly (but still get 5stars because of the requirements)

I don't expect any of this to happen, but if we even got one decent update I would come back to experience it. Right now fireworks and 4 seasonal new items isn't having me foam at the mouth.

To be fair I haven't quite quit the game, but I play with less and less frequency each time. Something I NEED in New Horizons is multiplayer minigames and some sort of Tortimer Island? Where you can interact with random strangers. I feel like there's a great lack of online options besides from trading stuff, which isn't really something I'd spend hours on.

I still play, but not very much as I have prioritized other hobbies and video games above it at the moment. It was about August last year that took a break from the game until late October, because we were hyped since March for some features, and come August, we still didn't have much, and we're not much better right now aside from Pumpkins, and Mario and Sanrio.

I'm not saying Nintendo shouldn't add Brewster, but adding him would not increase the amount of time I'm currently giving NH, though it would hype me a bit. Quality of Life changes would greatly help. The one thing that would definitely get me playing more than right now is a New Game+ option.

Ultimately

Things that could really get more playing more:
* New Game+ type option (Restarting an Animal Crossing game has always had a great effect on me playing more as I rebuild up the town. But with New Horizons, I certainly don't want to lose all the learned DIYs or clothing I have collected)

Things that would increase the time and frequency I play the game
* Club LOL with DJ K.K. (Often times before New Horizons came out, I quit New Leaf, but would get on just to go the the Club)
* More variety in furniture (I'd love to see more variety in Nook's store so I can decorate my house some more)
* HHD like feature (I wanted to list this above, but I must understand that after I do all 10 of my villagers homes, there will be nothing left to do except redo them, which I probably would rather no do)
* Add an option so we can visit another dream while leaving a dream. I hate having to wake up and restart the entire process to have another dream.
* Improved game dialogue. Everything I do in the game requires me to mash my button. "Do you want to use the crafting table?", "Do you want to look in the cabinet", "You want to use the dressing room?", "Do you want to continue crafting", "Do you want to invite or out", "do you want local or wifi", "do you want Friends, Best Friends, or Dodo?", "Do you want friend dodo or stranger dodo?"
* Unbreakable gold tools. (I haven't used a golden tool since this game released. We work hard for them, and they still break in the end. I've learned to just repair my regular tools or buy more from the shop. Golden tools can't be repaired, so I see them as a novelty item, and a waste of a gold nugget)

These are some things that would help get me playing some more, of course, there is a huge laundry list of changes I dream of.

If I was being honest, there probably isn't anything that would bring me back to the game. In previous titles, I loved the element of discovery and unlocking shops through months and months of hard work. I liked decorating too, but only to a limited extent. The game was never about that for me, so NH is inherently not my sort of game. I might have gotten more into terraforming if it were easier to do, there are honestly better-decorating games out there. Villager interactions and online playing with friends were also a big part of the series for me- multiplayer in NH is not as fun imo. So on that front maybe Nintendo could bring back mini-games. I loved the updated designs of the villagers in NH but once I had met them all and had many of them on my island, there isn't really anything more to do with them. No quests, everyone talks about the dialogue but it is lacking imo and there aren't even any house visits anymore. So I guess, to sum up, I would just need significantly more game for me to play again. That is not going to happen, that isn't what NH is about, so my time with it is over. And that's just fine with me, I got enough hours out of it to be a worthy purchase.

I do appreciate the replies that Tilly and bebebese gave me. And I'm being honest, it's great to see how people view older games and the content they offered, because although most of that I can learn by reading a wiki, the way fans treat older content isn't usually perceived on the "neutral" way wikis report things.

However, I also think it highlights how discussion of this game goes around. New Horizons isn't only compared to its direct predecessor, but to all its predecessors at once. Things that have changed since like the second or third game are pointed as reasons of why New Horizons is "disappointing for older players" (or other expressions), it seems it doesn't matter those things disappeared ages ago. And that's why discussing the game is so... confusing, for the lack of a better word.

Let's see:

Tilly directly said "When it comes to NPCs, some of them talk less/have less of a role than in NL...". They specifically mentioned that compared to New Leaf.

Nookipedia doesn't mention anything about Tom Nook mentioning his past with Sable and the Nooklings on NL, I know he has episodes on WW/CF and also something on HHD(?). So either I'm missing something from the wiki or I now know that NL also had all that extra dialogue and information about him. If that's the case, then thanks for telling me.

I also didn't find anything about Celeste telling you the myths behind the constellations on previous games. If she did tell the exact same stories on WW/CF, but not NL, then that means the NH is bringing back things that were lost on NL, right?. The crush mentioned on Tom Nook is also exclusive to those games from what I see, so again, NH isn't the one cutting content.

If we're talking about the roles and dialogue of NPCs like Chip/C.J. and Nat/Flick, why does the preference of certain furniture sets/prizes is brought up? (because thinking one set is superior to the other is purely preference). If Nat and Flick only hosted the events, no mater how much you don't like the new fish/bug series or the bug sets, Flick and C.J. have more roles and dialogue. It's ok if you don't care that they buy fish/bugs at x1.5 cost, but that is something new to that kind of character, something more.

I also don't see how Label has less of a role than on New Leaf... Wasn't she a shopkeeper there? Did she have something else aside from being a shopkeeper and thus, having limited dialogue that I'm not seeing? New Horizons has her doing the fashion checks, giving exclusive clothing and she also has a friendship mechanic attached to her. I get that some people may prefer unlocking a visual building after 4 times, but I must be missing something.

I have seen gameplay of people shopping at Kick's on New Leaf and well, it's more or less the same shopkeeper dialogue he has now on NH. Was there other places where Kicks could have shown personality? Brewster?

Pascal having another role on WW is also not on NL, from what I see.

I really think calling Gulliver's quest NL something you could learn is a bit of a stretch, but it's personal interpretation of the value. I don't think it relates to the discussion of its role (quiz vs activity is the same) but I guess that if he has the learning bit and the normal dialogue, then he has more dialogue indeed.

Once again, Saharah having an activity was on WW, not NL.

Liking an established shop which I guess made sense on NL vs liking a stall which makes sense on NH is again, a personal preference. It's not an objective view of diminished role or dialogue compared to NL.

Blathers having an episode on WW and his personality-filled dialogue is also not on NL.

I know that there are missing NPCs, I wasn't arguing about that because for some of them, it all boils down to personal preference of how the content is delivered. For example, Dr. Shrunk's role of giving reactions (and the dialogue associated) was moved to the neighbors on this game- wether you prefer one or the other is mostly subjective. Others don't have their content replaced, but yes, I understand that even if some NPCs had a handful of lines or whatever, they are loved/liked by someone and that's fair, I'm not saying anything about that. But that wasn't my point, because you can't compare the role and dialogue of a character on two games if one isn't on the other, like... it's obvious and I know that many people care about older characters even if they seem to had only standard shopkeeping dialogue (something is better than zero, right?)

Like, I don't know. I have never said that people can't be disappointed with New Horizons, because everyone has their own opinions and preferences (even if I still find the notion of people calling it "incomplete" just because it doesn't cater to them totally hilarious). It's a different game, with different things. But it always seems to be compared, to its minimun detail, with ALL other Animal Crossing games ever, at the same time. And even when comparisons end up on NH' favor, there is always something that glosses over them (like, people saying there is few clothing even tho it has more than amiibo'd NL). People usually never mention how many things have been scrapped through the years, most of the time all the flaws are only attributed to New Horizons. There is usually a complete lack of nuance when discussing this game and information about older titles gets so confusing when people bring up things from two decades ago as a reason why NH sucks or whatever. Like I said previously, I'm either missing something from the wiki(s) or I just can't know what people are comparing. It just makes everything confusing, and even more for players new to the series- or at least on my case, maybe it's just my way of trying to learn and watching how what I can see from gameplays/wikis doesn't line up with the things people say.

For example, the talk about upgrades and progression unlocks. From what I see, NL had 1 museum upgrade (adding the shop), 1 fortune telling upgrade (tent -> building) and 4 T&T shop upgrades (Junction -> Mart -> Super -> T.I.Y. -> Emporium) and some visitors/characters were unlocked like Harriet. NH has 2 museum upgrades (tent -> building -> art), 2 T&T shop upgrades (tent -> building -> upgraded), 1 tailors' upgrade (stall -> building) and 1 Resident Services upgrade (tent -> building)- and some visitors/characters were unlocked like K.K. If we add everything, both have 6! So, once again, I'm confused at how so many people say this game has no upgrades whereas previous games where thriving. Either I'm completely missing or not actually understanding the info I can gather round the Internet (please correct me if I'm missing something indeed) or people are being hyperbolic about the older games/they are disregarding some of the things on NH due to personal preferences(?). There could be a discussion about how it seems that NH had those 6 upgrades happen on a shorter timeframe compared to older games, and how that may impact the perception of the feeling of being rewarded for example, but instead, everything is always reduced to "there was more before". I'm up for learning about older games, and grateful when people do instruct me on that, so seeing takes that are disproven with math or the like is kind of a downer. Oh and the attitude sometimes present insisting on separating "older" players vs "new" players is also a bit tiresome at times.

Oh and because it's needed, no, I don't think NH is a perfect game. I do think there can be better things added/fixed. I'm also not saying people can't feel disappointed or whatever about NH. They can keep complaining, doing constructive criticism or whatever a year and half later.

But anyways, I think at this point it's not worth to have a discussion about this game but I do wanted to make it clear why it has become so confusing/worthless. 'twas usually fun while it lasted, looking forward to being happy with the probable new items for the Fireworks update or whatever- see ya around on other topics. I'd tell you that I hope you keep enjoying New Horizons but some of you are clearly not doing that so... uh... keep enjoying the older games! That way everyone is happy.

When NH was announced, many fans, myself included, came with expectations that NH would be the definitive AC experience -- that it would build around and improve on what NL had been.

But lo and behold: missing NPCs, missing items, watered-down holidays and seasonal events, lack of multiplayer features, etc.

No matter how you look at it, the main gripe with ACNH was, and still is, the cut content and features. If this is addressed sooner and put into the game, the reception would be a lot different in the coming days. And I SERIOUSLY hope that the upcoming update is the blessing we've all been waiting for.

please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please....

When NH was announced, many fans, myself included, came with expectations that NH would be the definitive AC experience -- that it would build around and improve on what NL had been.

But lo and behold: missing NPCs, missing items, watered-down holidays and seasonal events, lack of multiplayer features, etc.

No matter how you look at it, the main gripe with ACNH was, and still is, the cut content and features. If this is addressed sooner and put into the game, the reception would be a lot different in the coming days. And I SERIOUSLY hope that the upcoming update is the blessing we've all been waiting for.

Yep! Exactly.

NH is basically the Pokemon Sword/Shield of Animal Crossing.

And I SERIOUSLY hope that the upcoming update is the blessing we've all been waiting for.

I was thinking about this yesterday...should the upcoming update fail (and I have a nasty feeling it will), what're we looking at in terms of next possible timeframe...Halloween?

Back