• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons releases on March 20th, 2020

Sgt.Groove

Annona, Rollinia, Asimina, Duguetia. Look em' up!
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Unfortunate Mushroom
Unfortunate Mushroom
Unfortunate Mushroom
Unfortunate Mushroom
Unfortunate Mushroom
Unfortunate Mushroom
Unfortunate Mushroom
Red Turnip
Zodiac Dragon Figurine
Nook's Fancy Turnip
That's the day folks, and this new game is looking amazing! Hopefully the direct releases more, but the treehouse just finished it's animal crossing sneak peek (literally) and it looks like the best AC game hands down.

The graphics looked incredible. I'm so excited. I'm not that upset about having to wait longer because it means the game will be even better.

I had a feeling we wouldn't get it til 2020, and March isn't THAT far away. Waited this long, and I can easily wait longer. Now that we have a solid date.

I’m so excited! Especially for those new weeds. OH aND THE FLOWERS WILL LOOK SO GOOD! But is anybody else kinda upset about the “lineless” look? It’s just not for me ig. It’ll grow on me though!

I kinda like the lineless look, but being able to move trees like that is a blessing, and it looked like you can place furniture outside... :> (coconut cup on beach?)

I had a feeling we wouldn't get it til 2020, and March isn't THAT far away. Waited this long, and I can easily wait longer. Now that we have a solid date.

Yeah honestly I'm fine with the pushback because I really don't think I'd have the time for it if it came out before the new year.

I'm kind of iffy on the graphics, but they'll probably grow on me! I'm really excited. :) Hopefully they release a cool Switch for it. I'd totally buy that although I probably shouldn't...

I just rewatched it a few times, tom nook and his children are in some tent, I believe it's some pocket camp spin off or something not a main game ����

I'm honestly not surprised that it got pushed back. It looks like it's going to be great, and I think pushing it back is going to drive people crazy but it's not like it's not going to be worth it. It looked like the more you fix up your town the more animals move in, and I kinda like that idea since it'll give you plenty to do once you start the game.

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's definitely a main game, everyone is probably living in tents because nothing is built on the island.

Gonna put this out there for people who dislike the art style. This is what New Leaf used to look like from June 2011:

There's gonna be changes to the final game by the time it releases so dont let it put you off

I like how the graphics in the trailer remind me of City Folk, somewhat nostalgic. However I think the graphics will change. Have you seen the way the trees looked in the trailer for NL years ago? Senei ninja'd me with that point.

However, this doesn't feel like a mainstream game to me. It feels like a spinoff of a spinoff of Pocket Camp and Desert Island Escape. And I STILL don't know if there is a bundle pack or a Switch AC themed. But we have a title, so that's nice I guess.

I kind of knew it would be delayed, but I'm still a little upset about it.

Last edited:
I had a feeling it was going to be delayed, as there was no news on it except for the new game announcement. But I definitely don't mind waiting for a quality game!

Graphics look awesome, although I'm a feeling a little bit unsure about how much of a grind the start of the game is going to be, I'm glad to see how nice things look when everything is built up! It's definitely new and different, starting out on a completely uninhabited island and civilising it. The new path building feature looks promising - hopefully they'll have a selection of different paths to choose from other than just the plain dirt path.

I just rewatched it a few times, tom nook and his children are in some tent, I believe it's some pocket camp spin off or something not a main game ����

they literally said it's the switch game :p

The graphics look beautiful and I can't wait for more information about the game, although it looks like a spinoff instead of a main game which I wanted it to not be a pocket camp and more like new leaf where you have a very large place to build your town, so hopefully there are a lot more stuff that we can do and it isn't a small island. Also i feel like we won't be able to make patterns which is a real bummer. But that trailer is going to be in my dreams until it's released because IT'S SOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!! CAN'T WAIT :D

Honestly I don?t mind about the delay? I?d rather we had to wait a few months longer and got a better game. Plus everything we?ve seen looks great so far! <3

It's 9 month away. From the announcement trailer to right now, it was 9 months. We can wait another 9 month. I would wait 2 years if it means the game will be HD.

I was sooo so happy but now I'm just feeling dissapointed and sad. I really needed that game to release this year

The graphics look beautiful and I can't wait for more information about the game, although it looks like a spinoff instead of a main game which I wanted it to not be a pocket camp and more like new leaf where you have a very large place to build your town, so hopefully there are a lot more stuff that we can do and it isn't a small island. Also i feel like we won't be able to make patterns which is a real bummer. But that trailer is going to be in my dreams until it's released because IT'S SOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!! CAN'T WAIT :D

Since its on the most powerful system animal crossing has ever been on and it looks like its just incorporating the pocket camp features I think it's gonna be a huge town, I mean, look at what they did on the 3ds! No way the switch is gonna have a small town, I feel like its just gonna be much more varied than a flat surface with a river.

Gonna put this out there for people who dislike the art style. This is what New Leaf used to look like from June 2011:

*snipped video*

There's gonna be changes to the final game by the time it releases so dont let it put you off

Yup, New Leaf's art style has changed a good bit since that E3 video. They have lots of time to refine things still. I just really love we are getting animated trees, flowers, and grass in Animal Crossing! How awesome will it be to see the town look so lively during windy, stormy days in the spring?

I was admittedly hoping we'd get MK8-styled graphics, with the world being upscaled just as it appears in the AC track, but this new art style is definitely growing on me.

its 100% a main game lol... no doubt about that

Back