• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons releases on March 20th, 2020

I'm actually okay with a March release as I don't really like the winter season hhhh.

I don't care about the delay. I care about the gameplay, and from what I've seen, that is the only thing that upsets me right now. There is still time, but I am very pessimistic about it right now.

I don't care about the delay. I care about the gameplay, and from what I've seen, that is the only thing that upsets me right now. There is still time, but I am very pessimistic about it right now.

To be honest we barely saw gameplay at all, just kinda a time lapse and some glimpses at the product, it was kinda obvious that the timelapse with the player going off screen wasn't really gameplay XD The pole vaulting and stuff looked like small glimpses of how the movement actually is, alongside the house sneak peek, that looked like what the camera will be like in places like that. Though im a bit on the fence too tbh, the gameplay needs to be like other games and not like pocket camp, I wouldn't mind a few things from pocket camp being integrated into the gameplay, but I definitely dont want it to be the focus.

Gonna put this out there for people who dislike the art style. This is what New Leaf used to look like from June 2011:

There's gonna be changes to the final game by the time it releases so dont let it put you off

I was wary of the image, until i remembered this video above. Its likely to change a lot image wise :D

I've been saying they wouldn't release it until 2020 all along, but people didn't want to hear it and called me crazy. I was right tho.

Do you guys think a Switch bundle will come out for the game?
And I knew I wasn't wrong when I said the game was likely getting delayed, but at least not by much it seems.

Last edited:
I just rewatched it a few times, tom nook and his children are in some tent, I believe it's some pocket camp spin off or something not a main game ����

1) Tommy and Timmy are not Nook's children

2) It was already confirmed 9 months ago that this will be a new main game, not a Spin-Off. Just looks like
it's gonna be different than the other main games.

March is the third month.

On the twentieth. of 2020.

Three twenties.
Ill Lilly Mommy Confirmed.

Other than that, this gives me a big advantage to buy and complete Sword/Shield without New Horizon taking over.

Also, that Nitro Fueled game coming this month I can safely say I can buy that now.

The game definitely is not a spinoff, I wish people would stop saying that just because the game has tents.

You play a very large role in the development of the island in this game, you're just not classified as the "mayor" as it doesn't seem like there will be one. The game looks to really be shaping up to becoming an actual "build your own island" simulator. I'm assuming animal vendors from past iterations will eventually come to the island after you've further developed it and set up shops there.

The island size itself already seems to be around the same size as the ACGC maps, so we'll be working with a lot more space in this game than in New Leaf. Outside camera angles seem to be adjustable, and you can definitely be sure that the visuals will change as development continues.

I was really hoping this game was still going to drop in 2019, but after watching the first 20 seconds of the trailer, I knew it was going to be delayed because you can tell things are a bit rough around the edges. But man, seeing the 8 players assemble on the beach at the end gave me chills. This game is going to be awesome.

Last edited:
I think I just found my current mood for this situation about the delay and all on Twitter:

ac twitter a.jpg

I think my biggest annoyance with the delay is that we won't be able to celebrate ringing in the new decade, 2020, in New Horizons without time traveling.

i was expecting the delay and don't mind it at all. we've waited so long, and i really want this game to be the best it can be.

I think my biggest annoyance with the delay is that we won't be able to celebrate ringing in the new decade, 2020, in New Horizons without time traveling.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought about that haha. At least we're ringing in the first spring of the decade with this release date. :)

Back