• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Release Date Countdown

Hm, I had this thought, do we have to patch our games... or are our games already patched?
I was wondering because as everyone recalls (and if you don't, pardon for the inclusion) that Nintendo released an update for NL and I didn't know if they've implemented fixes in the international games (similar to how some glitches work in JP copies of Pokemon but don't in international release. I.E. Clipping through the wall and able to access Shaymin and Darkrai) or was it already too late to implement the fixes.

Hm, I had this thought, do we have to patch our games... or are our games already patched?
I was wondering because as everyone recalls (and if you don't, pardon for the inclusion) that Nintendo released an update for NL and I didn't know if they've implemented fixes in the international games (similar to how some glitches work in JP copies of Pokemon but don't in international release. I.E. Clipping through the wall and able to access Shaymin and Darkrai) or was it already too late to implement the fixes.

Good question, I predict that the newer games will already have the bug fixes implemented in it. They did that with other games too, even back in the N64 days (OoT).

Like Keybug has said, it seems more likely for the patch to be already implemented on EU/NA versions. Nintendo could always release it in the eShop if for whatever reason the patch was not installed on the game.

Ugh so exciting!!! (even more exciting that my mom and dad said I can get an XL)

I'm sorry, but in 39 days it will be June 8th. Will you have the game on June 8th? I don't think so.

No, it'll be June 9.... You don't count today and you don't count the day of. There are 39 days between now and June 9.

No, it'll be June 9.... You don't count today and you don't count the day of. There are 39 days between now and June 9.
Listen honey, you have 41 more nights, and 40 more mornings to wake up before you get your hands on the game.

If you want to rationalize to yourself that there are only 39 days left until we have New Leaf, fine. But stop trying to preach it to the rest of the forum. It's not true. In 40 days, we will have the game.

NOT 39.

After 40 days and 40 nights Moses was able to find his way from the desert. And nobody gave a damn then how many days it took him, just that it happened.

Quoted - George Washington

Are you guys seriously arguing over how many days there are to go? Stop. 39 days or 40 days, it doesn't matter.

And CHR SMILEYFACE S, you're on your last straw here.

It's May 1st guys!!!!!! My countdown app is showing 44 days for EU (43 and some hours to be precise to go to midnight - for the haters out there!) and 39 for NA (38 and some hours to be precise to go to midnight - for all the haters out there!)

Not long now...

44 days is such a long time.. Maybe the local game store will have the game a few days earlier :3

So, let's organise a raid, we'll dress up like Nook and go for it! You can distract and I'll sneak in the stock room (I do not condone any illegal activity, this is purely for entertainment purposes and the really weird mental image of Nook being a thief and sneaking around stock rooms).

I used to work in a toy store that sold games and electronics, we'd get the games delivered a day or two before, never any sooner than 2 days though for any platform, so they'll be there!!

It won't be long now. It's finally May which means I get out for summer vacation this month! Then next month, Sunday, June 9th, after church, I'll be able to go to Gamestop and pick up my pre-ordered AC:NL! Thanks, Dad!

Hm, it'll be worth it <3
New Leaf will totally be worth it since I have exams this month (and it helps to remind myself that once the exams are over, New Leaf is here). Saturday night before launch, I'll stay up as long as I can. The reason for is simple, the more tired I am, the less of a chance I'll remember and the sooner I get to bed the sooner I'll raid my nearest BB for NL.

I have actually begun to do some shiny hunts on my Pokemon games to keep me going while I wait. It's a race really, will I get a shiny or will I get NL and if I'm really lucky, will I get both?

Back