Animal Crossing: New Leaf Release Date Countdown

The only thing that is keeping me from going insane from waiting is my pre-order tickets that say "ACNL Bundle" and "ACNL Game guide" :'D

Hey guys, i'm not sure how to create a spoiler tab, so i'm just gonna write SPOILERS!!

Firstly, in case you haven't checked, the game is now priced on the UK eShop for download! It's ?34.99 :)

Also, I found a leaflet in a shop all about New Leaf, it's 15 pages long and was free, it has loads of cool pictures and artwork and has shared a few details that I didn't know or wasn't 100% sure about.

For example, one of the upgrades to Nookling Junction is called T.I.Y which I thought was clever haha :p Also, it again confirms that the club is called Club LOL, not 101 or whatever, although I think we all knew that now. The island is called Tortimer island which I didn't know, and it also says that the physical card copy of the game is called the Solus edition? Not sure about that...

Anyway, if anyone wants me to scan some pages then I can do :) I think i'll be OK sharing those, as it's just a free leaflet? Hope this is the right topic too!

10 1/2 for me, since I'll be getting the game physically. :)

Edit: Aww... I wanted to post a giant smiley face!

Whatever you guys are at, if you're going to the Nintendo event in New York, it's minus one day.

http://acnewleaf.com/2013/05/29/get...arly-at-the-nintendo-world-store-on-june-8th/
I'm in the Southeast, so that's out of the question.
I hope people here will upload videos for the skorry (I'm not misspelling it, I'm referencing a book) lot who aren't able to attend these kinds of events.

Lucky droogies. Oh and it's... it's... almost time for the game to come out (*slobbers*).

15 days 12 hours! This is actually getting ridiculous. All this time of waiting down to just 15. Flippin. Days.

9 days and 23 hours until midnight of June 8th, which is June 9th. That's when downloaders can get the game. Which also happens to be the countdown I follow. image.jpg

And it's may 30th for me, as its past midnight in my time

9 days and 23 hours until midnight of June 8th, which is June 9th. That's when downloaders can get the game. Which also happens to be the countdown I follow. View attachment 4041

And it's may 30th for me, as its past midnight in my time
Lol, I can see the countdown myself using the belltree's site XD!!

the countdown is for the e-shop release, which happens to be at the exact beginning of June 9th, thus making the hour count lower.

Remember, just for example, 1 day and 23 hours does not equal 1 day, while for example 1 day and 2 hours does not equal 1 day. 0 days and 1 hour does not equal 0 days. At 0 days you should have the game. So on June 8th, the day countdown is going to be "0" yet you won't have the game, right? XP

yes, that's possible that you're already passed midnight at this time. But that's not the case for everyone, and it's already nearing the end of the day anyways, so the day countdown will go from 11 to 10 soon. Also, keep in mind though if you're ahead of EST, you're not going to get it exactly at midnight of EST, so using that in the sense of getting the game earlier won't occur.

And, about 80% of the buyers are going physical, so telling someone it's not 11 days isn't correct. If it's 11 days for them, then so be it. A minority is getting the e-shop version, and only that minority should be following the countdown timer, and of course I revert back to the beginning that 0 days and X hours does not mean you have the game, as it is not June 9th yet and you won't have the game despite saying 0. But ultimately, we physical purchasers are opting to count till June 9th, in terms of days.

Last edited:
Exactly, for the eshop download, which nobody, but you right now, has made a complaint that I've been following since I'm going for digital, after all :rolleyes:

And not once in my post, or ever for that matter, did I say 1 day and 23 hours equals just 1 day. And I wouldn't be stupid enough to show up on June 8th at 10am saying "HURR 0 DAYZ GAIZ :>" I would say the appropriate, "14 hours left for digital downloads!" And if that minority, as you say, is getting the digital download, why are you complaining about my timer? The game will be available at midnight of June 8th, which is June 9th by then. I follow EST time. So when midnight hits, it will be 0 days with an influx of digital downloaders getting the game. If the physical buyers are waiting an extra 10-12 hours for when shops open, then ignore my countdown, as it has naught to do with anyone except downloaders. And many people consider that if its under 12 hours, you say the least amount since it's under the half point, like you would round a number in math.

But anyways, my countdown is for digital, if you aren't following digital, then don't count it.

Exactly, for the eshop download, which nobody, but you right now, has made a complaint that I've been following since I'm going for digital, after all :rolleyes:

And not once in my post, or ever for that matter, did I say 1 day and 23 hours equals just 1 day. And I wouldn't be stupid enough to show up on June 8th at 10am saying "HURR 0 DAYZ GAIZ :>" I would say the appropriate, "14 hours left for digital downloads!" And if that minority, as you say, is getting the digital download, why are you complaining about my timer? The game will be available at midnight of June 8th, which is June 9th by then. I follow EST time. So when midnight hits, it will be 0 days with an influx of digital downloaders getting the game. If the physical buyers are waiting an extra 10-12 hours for when shops open, then ignore my countdown, as it has naught to do with anyone except downloaders. And many people consider that if its under 12 hours, you say the least amount since it's under the half point, like you would round a number in math.

But anyways, my countdown is for digital, if you aren't following digital, then don't count it.
I didn't make a complaint about you going for digital.. Why should I care? I'm completely fine with it. What I tried to say in that gigantic post was that you shouldn't tell someone the digital release date if you don't know if they are after the physical or not, for it could be misleading if they happen to be going physical, in which there is an 80% chance that they are.

That's not my problem then. Ill keep putting up my post of usual *days and hours left* and the whoever posts next posts their own, dependent on regions or what they're buying. If someone gets confused, they can ask.

That's not my problem then. Ill keep putting up my post of usual *days and hours left* and the whoever posts next posts their own, dependent on regions or what they're buying. If someone gets confused, they can ask.

Someone did get confused and did ask, "isnt it 11 days?" but you told them no, talking about the e-shop release, however that could possibly mislead him and other people, that's all xP so just clarify to them what's the physical release and what the e-shop release is.

Yeah, I still really don't care. Sure, I could've clarified, but I didn't think to do so at the time. Either way, my posts will say the same as always.

9 days and 23 hours, until it goes down of course. :cool:

it also says that the physical card copy of the game is called the Solus edition? Not sure about that...[COLOR]

This is correct, "Solus" is used (normally only in store) to denote the game only. So the bundle isn't solus, but the physical cart is as it is the game and nothing else. I used to remember it by thinking of solo as in only one, nothing else included :).

(The game lists in the shop I used to work at kept writing Solus on stock sheets and I got confused too, that's how I found out!)

Back