• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Release Date Countdown

It's not been nearly as bad as I thought it'd be. I mean, don't get me wrong, I want the cuss out of this game, but I've been having a blast without it too :3 But it seems whenever I have free time I'm on these forums. I need to calm my shizz.

tumblr_mn6raozcog1sro76bo1_500.jpg

It's 16 days not 15 countdown website is way wrong. Unless they releasing it the 8th rather than the 9th. Who know.

It's 16 days not 15 countdown website is way wrong. Unless they releasing it the 8th rather than the 9th. Who know.

People like to rationalize and tell themselves the game comes out sooner than it actually does to make themselves feel better about it. The countdown is for the digital release, however most are not getting it until June 9th. So I don't know why they count ahead

16 days

People like to rationalize and tell themselves the game comes out sooner than it actually does to make themselves feel better about it. The countdown is for the digital release, however most are not getting it until June 9th. So I don't know why they count ahead

16 days

The game comes out on June 9th. Bottom line

And yes, it is taken into consideration. For example, 20 days and 23 hours does not equal 20 days.

Don't be rude. I was asking a question to hopefully clarify the time for New leaf 180, who I thought made a mistake in their calculation of the days by not noticing that it was a countdown until midnight which included hours, and not just based off days.

Don't be rude. I was asking a question to hopefully clarify the time for New leaf 180, who I thought made a mistake in their calculation of the days by not noticing that it was a countdown until midnight which included hours, and not just based off days.
I didn't mean to sound rude lol sorry

In response to those of you who are super excited for the game (I am new and can't figure out how to directly reply to your post/have quoted message in my text) So........
I am so glad I am not the only one feeling this way! I feel like I need google, youtube, and forums to calm my overwhelming feeling of needing this game! I am obsessing I know...I think I need help haha. ;)

Last edited:

16 days

It all depends on whether you're going digital or physical honestly. Digital users can buy at Midnight EST or like 8PM PST, so that makes it 15 days for them. But if you're going physical like I am, it's 16 days.
I may not have phrased this right but it gets the point across.

It all depends on whether you're going digital or physical honestly. Digital users can buy at Midnight EST or like 8PM PST, so that makes it 15 days for them. But if you're going physical like I am, it's 16 days.
I may not have phrased this right but it gets the point across.

Now I figured it out!
I was aware the release was on the 9th, but I didn't know the actual number of days so that bums me out because it seems longer lol. It's like staring at a clock, it only makes time seem to go sloweeeeeer.
;)

I'm saying the countdown has the wrong number of days because I check the calendar on my iPad mini and counted to the 9th and got 16 days left not 15 days. Don't believe me do it yourself.
I meant for physical version of course. Not digital.

Last edited:
I'm saying the countdown has the wrong number of days because I check the calendar on my iPad mini and counted to the 9th and got 16 days left not 15 days. Don't believe me do it yourself.
I meant for physical version of course. Not digital.

It's a countdown to midnight EST on June 8th(which will then be June 9th). If you're getting the physical copy, then you'll need to add the amount of hours between Midnight and your store's opening time which will probably be anywhere from 8 to 11 hours.

Yeah... You do that?

Anyways, 15 days and 11 hours for DIGITAL DOWNLOADERS c:

Wow, just wow, almost TWO WEEKS.
With my Summer Break officially starting as of today... once NL comes out I'll be stuck on my 3DS with it permanently encased.
Just think, we were salivating over this game at the 100 mark, but now... we can play it in our own mitts without going to special events or importing.

Didn't we already get a slap on the wrist for arguing over this? If you think it's 15, count 15. If you count the actual day of the 9th it's 16. Neither is incorrect.

Back