Animal Crossing: New Leaf releases on June 9th in North America, June 14th in Europe

In fact, Animal Crossing: New Leaf isn't going to take up 8,192 blocks (as that relied on what is the game card's capacity, which is 1 GB).
My digital Japanese copy took up 5,655 blocks (which is around 710 MB). That's a little more than 1/3 of the capacity of a 2GB SD Card.

According to this page, it's exactly 8,192 blocks. I found this info a few months ago somewhere else as well but couldn't find that source now.

I haven't still decided if I'm gonna pre-order or buy the digital copy... It's not about the corruption stuff I'm afraid, I just want to figure out which one is faster and possibly cheaper to get it :p I hate PAL prices :(

I pre-ordered it a few days ago. :p

I thought this thread would be the most popular thread TBT has ever had, but it's really quiet... :rolleyes:

I thought this thread would be the most popular thread TBT has ever had, but it's really quiet... :rolleyes:

It was at first, but there isn't a whole lot to talk about now that the hype's died down, so it's natural that it would become quiet.

My hype for this game is rapidly dying. I'm starting to forget the game since I have a Wii U now.

Last edited:
Mmmm I wanted to get the game but since I've accidentally seen too many spoilers, I don't know if I will still buy it... do you think it is still worth it? I feel like I've already experienced half of it xD

Mmmm I wanted to get the game but since I've accidentally seen too many spoilers, I don't know if I will still buy it... do you think it is still worth it? I feel like I've already experienced half of it xD
watching and playing are two different things, what one person does in their town will be different then what you would do. And really I don't think of this game as one that has spoilers since it has no real story. so buy it and make it your town yours :)

watching and playing are two different things, what one person does in their town will be different then what you would do. And really I don't think of this game as one that has spoilers since it has no real story. so buy it and make it your town yours :)

Thank you for answering me :D
So do you think it will be different? Maybe you're right... well I hope so, it would be such a pity to have ruined this game for me!
I already know what happens on the harvest festival, I know that there's a flower shop, that the town tree grows very high, what happens with crystals and... sob... how to find resetti's home :/
Isn't it all, right? :s

Thank you for answering me :D
So do you think it will be different? Maybe you're right... well I hope so, it would be such a pity to have ruined this game for me!
I already know what happens on the harvest festival, I know that there's a flower shop, that the town tree grows very high, what happens with crystals and... sob... how to find resetti's home :/
Isn't it all, right? :s

There's WAY more to the game than that. You haven't seen the majority of the secrets that are in the game. In fact, you can find out most of that in the trailers released by Nintendo.

Don't worry about spoiling yourself :). From what I've seen, it's the best Animal Crossing yet, and it would be a shame if you missed out on it just because you know stuff about it.

You also have to consider the fact that there will be holidays and events that you haven't seen, because they aren't in the JP version.

Yea. Sometimes I feel really bad for watching so much of the Japanese gameplay and knowing 90% of the games content, but then I think about it and I don't think that'll happen

Part of the fun in animal crossing is making the town your own. That's something you can't get out of just watching game play videos online. I'd wager that most of the features that you've already learned are just things that you would have likely discovered in your first week or two of playing.

Animal Crossing isn't supposed to be a game that you just play for a week or pass in 15 hours, its an ongoing experience. The real rewards dont come until later when all the love and time you put into your town starts to show :D

Thank you :)
Maybe I'm too worried :p it will be fun to rediscover things myself :)
I didn't think about the festivals! I hope we get somethingin europe, maybe they won't be as many as the japanese ones, but a few of them would be nice :3
PS: Gandalf your message made me so excited! my own little town to take care of :blush:

PS: Gandalf your message made me so excited! my own little town to take care of :blush:

yessss~ ooh Animal Crossing feels ; A ;

MY-WHOLE-BRAIN-IS-CRYING.gif

Yea. Sometimes I feel really bad for watching so much of the Japanese gameplay and knowing 90% of the games content, but then I think about it and I don't think that'll happen

Same here. Plus, there's a "special feature" coming to the American version of the game, so that's completely new. :)

Yeah, the special feature will make it fun too!
Since no one else is getting it but American players or people who buy the American version of the game!

Back