Anime <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a fan of anime, but I've completed the whole Soul Eater series.

L Lawliet said:
Mochacho said:
You, Psychonaut and Mr. Phoenix, are now my online best friends. <3 :D
You must not have any online friends then.

@topic Death Note and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
Now, now, fella. :0

Alright, I've watched 2 episodes of Bebop, and it's very interesting. Something tells me that the Beef and Bellpepper dish will be a running gag.

Also, I've started watching Hanamaru Kindergarten as requested by a friend.

Bacon Boy said:
Psychonaut said:
Bacon Boy said:
Psychonaut said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deepLupin III's movie.

if you don't know, he's a master thief. it's set in some kind of a fashion era.. late 60's early 70's, maybe? I dunno. google is more knowledgeable than me.

IMDB

if you like anime, any of it, I'd suggest it. don't know if there's english audio, (I haven't searched for it, and the copy i have is perfect, but only moonspeak with english subs)

it's supposed to be (or was at one point) the best anime ever, according to many, many enthusiasts not named Psychonaut
Or they're walking around in circles
Or their clothes have changed colors
Or Freddie's voice is coming out of Shaggie's mouth
Or they're in a different order
Or all of the above and then some
http://www.youtube.com/v/RQNJjvaaMEk

dbz was a tv show, and a "shonen" style or something, so it had to be made/produced quickly, cheaply, and so quality was dropped, i guess.

but still, that's a plague for most animation, though anime (most specifically bad anime) seems to have the most offenders.

also, there's plenty of anime that don't follow the hannah-barbara style, but even they have the "still character-lips moving" plague.

also, to it's credit, hannah-barbara had a lot of caroons going on/created, and some of them were really good quality. it's just known a lot more for the walking endlessly loops.
I dunno, Gainax is pretty good about refraining from that.
but gainax are gainax.

they're bat*censored.2.0* insane *censored.3.0*ers who make deep plots based around absolute insanity.

@ aaron, it's not so much a "running gag" so much as it's the/their impetus to work/get money.

pimpin' ain't easy in 2050 or whatever year they're in.

Psychonaut said:
Bacon Boy said:
Psychonaut said:
Bacon Boy said:

if you don't know, he's a master thief. it's set in some kind of a fashion era.. late 60's early 70's, maybe? I dunno. google is more knowledgeable than me.

IMDB

if you like anime, any of it, I'd suggest it. don't know if there's english audio, (I haven't searched for it, and the copy i have is perfect, but only moonspeak with english subs)

it's supposed to be (or was at one point) the best anime ever, according to many, many enthusiasts not named Psychonaut
http://www.youtube.com/v/RQNJjvaaMEk

dbz was a tv show, and a "shonen" style or something, so it had to be made/produced quickly, cheaply, and so quality was dropped, i guess.

but still, that's a plague for most animation, though anime (most specifically bad anime) seems to have the most offenders.

also, there's plenty of anime that don't follow the hannah-barbara style, but even they have the "still character-lips moving" plague.

also, to it's credit, hannah-barbara had a lot of caroons going on/created, and some of them were really good quality. it's just known a lot more for the walking endlessly loops.
but gainax are gainax.

they're bat*censored.2.0* insane *censored.3.0*ers who make deep plots based around absolute insanity.

@ aaron, it's not so much a "running gag" so much as it's the/their impetus to work/get money.

Isn't the youtube thing the flintstones

crazyredd45 said:
Psychonaut said:
Bacon Boy said:
Psychonaut said:

IMDB

it's supposed to be (or was at one point) the best anime ever, according to many, many enthusiasts not named Psychonauthttp://www.youtube.com/v/RQNJjvaaMEk

but gainax are gainax.

Isn't the youtube thing the flintstones
yes. hannah barbara was the company who produced/made the flintstones, and a boatload of other cartoons, like scooby doo and the jetsons.
the video is making fun of the animation being repeated over and over, hence, walking around in circles.

@ BB having GL on his ipod, grats.

video on ipod = oh god batteries are weeping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back