Anime!

^-^ I've seen half of it :eek: but then for some reason I couldn't find it online anywhere :( I really liked it too :eek: I have the first manga to it :)

Poking around this thread. Desperate need of new anime in my life. I can stream Netflix for hours and I'm always just "eh".
I watched the first couple episodes of Fairy Tale, not sure if I like it or not. Been trying to get back into Code Geass. Thinking about re-watching Inuyasha.

Favorites I can watch over and over again: Case Closed, Rurouni Kenshin, Dragonball Z.

Finished Puella Magi Madoka Magica! I didn't like the ending though, it's dumb :c

I honestly really wished Madoka's wish was different.

I'm going to try and watch the movies in English Dub

- - - Post Merge - - -

Have you seen Haruhi Suzumiya?
My favorite anime ever.
Of course, if we were to include both anime AND manga, then Attack on Titan's manga definitely wins.
I love the art style and the cliffhangers are MUCH worse.
You have to wait a whole month. :L

On the other hand, I just started watching Free!
Must... not... draw... shipping... fanart...
It's hard to resist when your friends are obsessed with shipping =_=
I love Haruhi Suzumiya but I just don't like the idea of different plotline orders. And season two was more like Broadcast Two. They should have released the episodes in chronological order and had a season two that is still in chronological order...

Finished Puella Magi Madoka Magica! I didn't like the ending though, it's dumb :c

i thought the ending was great, but sad. idk but the 3rd movie is about the drawbacks of the wish i believe?
also i was mad that sayaka didnt punch violin boy .........................

I just finished season 1 of Magi: The labyrinth of Magic. It was awesome! ^^
definitely worth checking out.
Can?t wait for season 2 :D

magi is amazing, everyone should watch magi
or u know..read it..bc the manga is better
the animes ending is way different from the manga so i was kinda upset bc it seemed out of place
i was shocked it was getting a season 2 too from how they ruined it but
ill still watch it bc i love alibaba and morgiana

Seconding the recommendation to pick up the manga.
Not that I thought the anime was bad, just that its pacing is a little bit weird, and that I'm not super fond of the changes they made towards the end.

I'm going to try and watch the movies in English Dub

really? i thought the ending was good. i mean she literally sacrficed her existence so that there wouldn't be any more witches in the world

I'm a Madoka Magica fanatic so I'm not going to bother commenting on that subject as I could go on and on lol..

Anyway, is anyone checking out the new season as it just started? Just watched Kill la Kill, Coppelion & Golden Time tonight. The first two were so great, Coppelion has great animation, dystopian atmosphere and characters, and Kill la Kill is.. hilarious.

I'm a Madoka Magica fanatic so I'm not going to bother commenting on that subject as I could go on and on lol..

Anyway, is anyone checking out the new season as it just started? Just watched Kill la Kill, Coppelion & Golden Time tonight. The first two were so great, Coppelion has great animation, dystopian atmosphere and characters, and Kill la Kill is.. hilarious.

Since you are a Madoka fan, how do you feel about how Aniplex USA is pricing their DVDs?

Since you are a Madoka fan, how do you feel about how Aniplex USA is pricing their DVDs?

I think Aniplex in general is totally backwards in their pricing of US releases. The idea that reverse importing is actually a problem is strange to me considering that pirating is very present in Japan as well as the subs on most import releases are forced. So why would any Japanese import a cheaper American version? That and when you look at the UK version, its really cheap, so.. I just think the explanations they give us are bogus.

I think most Anime is already overpriced though, I know it is a niche market but paying $120 for 2 cour series doesn't sit right with me.

What is your opinion?

I got around to watching some of the new animes (only Kyoukai no Kanata and Kill la Kill), both were pretty good.

I need Crunchyroll membership...
I wish I wasn't cheap...
I need to be watching Kill la Kill right now ;_;
Guess I'll just find it on one of those cheapo anime sites.

I wish I wasn't cheap...
Tom was handing out 48 hour guest passes, I did that! How about getting a free trial account? It has 14 days.

Last edited:
Trying to get my sister into Anime so that my mom could get me crunchyroll membership... XDD

I've finally started getting into the fall anime: Kill la Kill is about as absurd as I expected it would be, and Log Horizon is fairly lighthearted, with some interesting characters. Looking forward to seeing what the rest of the season has to offer.

I wish I wasn't cheap...
Watch it on pinoy anime... it supports apple devices so I watch it on my iPad when I can't be bothered to wait a week for crunchyroll's stingy release.

Alright, turns out Kill la Kill isn't rated TV-MA and it's TV-14.
And Hulu exists.
I have to say...
I expected something much, MUCH grittier.
Still happy with what I got.
The outfit is really risque...
It's also pretty silly.
Of course, what would I expect from Gurren Lagann's creators?

I think Aniplex in general is totally backwards in their pricing of US releases. The idea that reverse importing is actually a problem is strange to me considering that pirating is very present in Japan as well as the subs on most import releases are forced. So why would any Japanese import a cheaper American version? That and when you look at the UK version, its really cheap, so.. I just think the explanations they give us are bogus.

I think most Anime is already overpriced though, I know it is a niche market but paying $120 for 2 cour series doesn't sit right with me.

What is your opinion?

I agree, anime is pretty overpriced. The companies do work hard but there isn't enough content. Unless it's a a box set like Haruhi Suzumiya or Lucky Star with tangible extras.

Back