• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Anime!

It's common for second arc to deteriorate after first arc as most creators don't really expect to make it past the first arc.

SAO's first arc was simply too good. Second arc would have been more bearable if they had taken itself a less seriously. There's just too much wangst lol.

Yeah this is true. I know a lot of people hated SAO because Asuna and Kirito's relationship was not "beliveable" but I think that's a load of rubbish. They were in a fictional world so it was hard for them to understand one anothers love for each other, I agree it was probably a rushed storyline between them but they had to keep the pace going otherwise it would have taken ages. The second arc was ridiculous though since it wasn't "SAO" it was just "AFO". ._. So yeah.

SAO was a web novel, right?

I'm not sure if it did start off as a web novel. I thought it started off as a light novel series.

Last edited:
I think Aniplex in general is totally backwards in their pricing of US releases. The idea that reverse importing is actually a problem is strange to me considering that pirating is very present in Japan as well as the subs on most import releases are forced. So why would any Japanese import a cheaper American version? That and when you look at the UK version, its really cheap, so.. I just think the explanations they give us are bogus.

I think most Anime is already overpriced though, I know it is a niche market but paying $120 for 2 cour series doesn't sit right with me.

What is your opinion?

Super late, but if you ever see this

I completely agree. Their competitors don't seem to mind lowering their prices, but Aniplex is just ridiculous... I promised a very good friend I'd get her a Madoka complete box set (whenever it comes out).... Seeing as each DVD is nearly 40 freaking dollars for 3 episodes or 130+ for the LE Box Sets... I can't imagine the box set price.

Kill me now.

Whuuuut, they spent 3 episodes fighting? XD That sounds so DBZ.

SOUNDS GOOD, MAYBE I'LL START WATCHING AGAIN.

It would be more DBZ if they spelt a total of 4 hours fighting. :V

Tempted to watch Shingeki no Kyojin, but I've heard the pacing can be annoying. Apparently it's good at points, but then just suddenly slows down and ruins certain moments.

Alright, here's what happened on Shingeki no Kyojin.
Female Titan...
ERMAHGERD ITS A HUMAN...
FEMALE TITAN IDENTITY REVEALED!
EREN TITAN X ANNIE TITAN CUTE MOMENTS
EREN TITAN AND FEMALE TITAN GET INTO FISTFIGHT.
ANNIE LOSES, LOCKS HERSELF IN CRYSTAL.
ERMAHGERD TITANS IN WALLLLLL

There, I just described the last 6 or so episodes of Shingeki no Kyojin.

LOL^ So dang true

It would be more DBZ if they spelt a total of 4 hours fighting. :V

Tempted to watch Shingeki no Kyojin, but I've heard the pacing can be annoying. Apparently it's good at points, but then just suddenly slows down and ruins certain moments.

There's always the manggggaaaaaa
But yeah, the manga is paced better.
5 minute conversation in Episode 24 took half the episode in the anime.

i only liked SAO's beginning. it was so cool. and then
tHEN THE WHOLE TEAM DIES WHAT THE HECK?????? AND THEN ASUNA OR WHATEVER HER NAME IS IS LIKE HEYyyYYyyyy kriirto ;)))
i did no t give a crap about kiritos harem ok the show was going so good and then wtf

also i heard very bad things about kill la kill even tho the animation is so gr8 (mostly the annoying fanservice so uh idk)

Yeah, the fanservice just in episode two was kind of ridiculous.

i only liked SAO's beginning. it was so cool. and then
tHEN THE WHOLE TEAM DIES WHAT THE HECK?????? AND THEN ASUNA OR WHATEVER HER NAME IS IS LIKE HEYyyYYyyyy kriirto ;)))
i did no t give a crap about kiritos harem ok the show was going so good and then wtf

Heh, basically this. SAO had the potential to be quite good (like the light novels) if it didn't screw up with the ridiculous harem. Why did every girl in SAO and ALfheim Online have to literally be so helpless and hopeless whenever Kirito came across them? Let's face it: I'm sure that not EVERY single girl would be like that if such a thing did happen, and I am sure that Kirito would have had moments in which he was in danger or in trouble, and as such a girl could have saved him. It was really ridiculous, in all honesty. I enjoyed it nonetheless though because, as a gamer (and along with like everyone else on the forum who likes videogames), seeing something like SAO actually being simulated in a virtual world like that, through an anime was pretty interesting.

I just finished kokoro connect and my feels

How did you find it? ;; I tried watching Kokoro Connect before but for some reason just couldn't get into it. The first episode was just very slow paced, I find. :c

Anime is so overpriced these days :/ I just saw K-ON! DVD Volume 1 on Right Stuf for 5.99 because it was the last copy (and a bunch others, mainly Bandai due to their closing) and a few minutes later it's sold out DX

I can't find any good anime that I would buy. If I could, I'd probably get K-ON! Anime Legends and K-ON!! Season 2 Collections. But that would cost a fortune.

Any anime that you bought with no regret?

Kokoro Connect have a slow start, but it's really good overall, the drama was well-played.

As for animes I would buy without regret, it's probably sweet or funny comedies like BakaTest or Hidamari Sketch. But my parents were against it, so I can't really buy them right now @_@

BakaTest was pretty funny, it's pretty easy to come by too.
I would buy Puella Magi but yeah it's SO
EXPENSIVE

- - - Post Merge - - -

Seeing all K-ON! Season One DVDs as 5.99, it's kind of scary ._.

There's always the manggggaaaaaa
But yeah, the manga is paced better.
5 minute conversation in Episode 24 took half the episode in the anime.

Serious. Read the manga and watched the anime and was like...what just happened?
The scene when eren was just in lala land for the longest time when he was like "Annie..is the female titan?", it felt like 2 episodes but I don't think it was. UGH worst. He had two squares in the manga for that moment. gr

I would buy Madoka Magica too. I think it's such a masterpiece. I do found the original blu-ray for the movies once, but it costed too much for me >_<

I wanted to buy Steins;Gate's movie too, but.... Yeah, no money. Maybe after I sell stuffs on a comic market this December, I managed to get money for it.

Anyways, I'm still watching Gatchaman Crowds in a very slow pace. I just can't stand having lack of Rui, so I tried to watch only one episode per 2 days so I won't ran out of Rui soon.

I love Rui not only because he's a beautiful crossdresser, but he have an awesome personality---- and trap characters with actual personalities that are awesome is rare. Also, Rui wears glasses. I love boys with glasses.

It's been a while since I like male characters this much since Hideyoshi of Bakatest (which is also a trap, whoops)... You might think it's creepy, I personally see these tendencies as a form of eye-refreshing, like how girls adores male singers they would never met. After all, I still have a boyfriend I love so much. :p

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend some animes? Basically I'm looking for anything w/ some grit, w/o overblown characters/voice acting/etc., no Michael Bay-esque over stylized BS!!! I want something where the character's are grounded in reality, are actually believable in their emotions and expressions, stuff like Berserk, Gantz(still kinda overblown I guess but in the other way[almost no character is likeable lol), Cowboy Bebop, Samurai X, etc. Well I guess voice-acting isn't a big deal as I usually watch subs now anyways but still, there are exceptions...

Can anyone recommend some animes? Basically I'm looking for anything w/ some grit, w/o overblown characters/voice acting/etc., no Michael Bay-esque over stylized BS!!! I want something where the character's are grounded in reality, are actually believable in their emotions and expressions, stuff like Berserk, Gantz(still kinda overblown I guess but in the other way[almost no character is likeable lol), Cowboy Bebop, Samurai X, etc. Well I guess voice-acting isn't a big deal as I usually watch subs now anyways but still, there are exceptions...

I suggest K-On. Clannad is a really great one, that's a must watch.

Last edited:
I suggest K-On. Clannad is a really great one, that's a must watch.

Those are good shows, but neither of those have "grit", nor are they anything like the shows Psydye mentioned. :p

Anyway, for Psydye, if you haven't seen Monster, I'd recommend it. It's not heavy on the action or anything, but it's an interesting mystery and I'd definitely call it gritty.

If you like sports anime, Hajime no Ippo is pretty good and it's far more realistic than most sports anime. Can be gritty at times, and has more action than Monster. The 3rd season of it just started pretty recently.

I'd also recommend Gunslinger Girl. That's realistic and gritty in an entirely different way than either of the previously mentioned shows.

So is anyone watching anything new this season? Kill La Kill seems to be pretty popular but I haven't watched much of it other than about ten minutes of the first episode. Started watching Golden Time though, really liking that so far.

Back