Anyone here who doesn't use social media? (Or not often)

I'm addicted to social media tbh. im constantly checking Twitter and Instagram to see all the latest news

I do have insta but it's mainly to follow inspirational people and accounts and it was useful during a purchase since I talked to one person there who could help me that way. I do put up some stuff once in a while but mostly lurking. I don't think I could get myself to have Facebook and/or Twitter though it's a bit too personal imo.

I've deleted my Twitter and Insta. Still have Facebook for Facebook messenger but I never post anything on it. My profile picture is from 2014 whoops.

I use Tumblr sometimes but not as often as I once did.

I just find social media pointless and it messes with your dopamine system (getting that rush when you get likes, comments,etc).

I have a Facebook account and the only reason I have that is because most of my friends and relatives have smart phone addictions and don't like communicating via ancient methods like email and telephones.

I just don't need to know everything that's going on in everybody else's lives and I don't want them to know everything going on in my life. I feel that my life is complete without it. The closest I get to social media is forums such as this one, but I don't really consider that the same thing.
^ I feel pretty much like that.
Tumblr account was made only specifically to get a hold of someone who wanted my villager. Later it's got used like personal memo. Twitter account is only for the purpose of uploading screenshots from 3DS and to check my vet's schedule.

Personally I don't think actively using social media is just bad. I feel so seeing my daughter. She's the one who draws and uses Twitter or Instagram to share interests/experiences with people who draw stuff of her taste. She's also my personal informer who tells me about interesting news she found on those medias. Be it world wide news like new corona virus infecting or the release of new music/games, or just the dead cute video of kitties, anything that interested her. We discuss about the topic she brings up. It's one of our daily communication and it helps my time to see new things.

I'd be more than willing to go ahead and admit that people are using the phone way too much than they should though.

I use instagram for my work/art account only, I deleted my personal. I deleted all my photos from facebook and dont post there but I use it to keep in contact with some people who absolutely refuse to use anything else to communicate/see events.
Nowadays I only really use discord to communicate with my boyfriend and friends.

Yeah I hate how people force you to have it in official context like "contact me only via this social media" rather than having phone or email like ok that is not how it works. and that some school and unis use it for official communication like k

and yeah my insta is private so i know who followed and aside from like my pfp and one selfie i dont share private stuff, more like personal stuff i make and such but yeah ppl sit on their phones way too much yeS

I don't know that I'd consider Discord to be social media by definition, but I do use that specifically for this site. Barring that, I don't have an account on any social media platforms. I used Facebook years ago and am old enough to have used MySpace back in the day, but I've since deleted everything and now prefer to keep my information as private as possible, within reason anyway. Can't fully erase a digital footprint!

I suppose I've always been a more introverted person who doesn't mind and largely prefers isolation, and putting a ton of selfies and tagging my locations and whatnot just seems so... unfathomable to me I guess? No hate whatsoever on people who do this, but the idea of 1k+ relative strangers knowing where I am at any given time would feel like a huge invasion to me. Probably a "me" problem but yeah, you get the sentiment. ;)

I use Pinterest but I don't consider it social media. I just use it to find cute/funny/cool pics that I like and save them to my boards, I've never actually interacted with anyone on there nor do I follow anyone :p
Other than that I use Facebook, albeit very seldom. I usually get on there to see what my fams are up to (cause I don't talk to them often) and maybe share a pic of me or my cats but that's all.
I have a twitter account but I only use it to upload pics from the 3DS Image Uploader, never used it to interact with anyone. I've never used Instagram and never will.
Also I never really considered Discord a "social media" but I guess it makes sense cause you use it to socialize with others even though you can't "follow" anyone which is the basis for SMs like Facebook and Twitter. But 98% of the time I'm on Discord I'm talking to my one friend whom I'm really close to, since we don't have any other way of communication.
I guess you could say the social media platform that I use most is... this forum lmao :p

I would honestly love to take a break from social media but lord knows if I don't keep in touch w my mom she'll have an anxiety attack, and with that kind of influence in my life it's very, very difficult to stay away from social media. If I'm not on it she'll be telling me all about what's going on and telling me to look at some dumb **** my dad sends me through Messenger.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm seeing it mentioned a few times but I'm not seeing how Discord is social media. Maybe its changed since I last used it (a good while ago admittedly) but last I did it was a glorified instant messaging app. I don't remember there being anything I would associate with social media on Discord.

I'm not inclined to believe that Discord is actually social media. It basically is just a messaging system, and that's all there is to it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

and that some school and unis use it for official communication like k

That's insane lmao, my school uses emails and SMS to contact everyone. I think social media would be terribly unreliable to get a hold of people.

Only Discord and twitter tbh. I never use my real name though.

only reddit and youtube. Neither of which are really social media tho.

Just youtube nowadays. Facebook I think I have one but haven't used it since like 2014.

Shout out to Myspace lol

Last edited:
i keep my social media profiles out of social obligations but don't use them, i prefer anonymous forms of media like forums or reddit

i do have discord but i would say that's also more anonymous than not

ive had instagram like 20 times all disabled and have a twitter i never post on so not really

Back